Fort Wilderness Carriage ride question

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by luvgoing2disney, Feb 8, 2013.

1. luvgoing2disney

luvgoing2disney DIS Veteran

Last night i booked our trip for middle-end of May and we were looking at things to do the first day. We will be there for nine days and bought a 7 day PH and flight lands at 12:40, which means a 2:00 arrival at the resort. The first night we might go to DD or go to Winter Summerland. Then I thought about the carriage rides at FW and it mentions taking the ride at 8:30 on night of 9:00 fireworks. Can anyone offer any information on these? There will be a party of 6, all adults, so don't know if all can fit in one carriage or not.

2. Serrina89

Serrina89 Mouseketeer

I found out this information at wdwinfo.

Disneys Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

A relaxing and cozy 25 -minute carriage ride through Disneys Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

$45.00 for 25 minutes (includes tax)
    Tickets are sold by the carriage drivers
    Cash and Disney Resort guest room charge only. No credit cards are accepted
    Small carriage holds 2 adults and 1 small child.
    Large carriage holds 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children.
    Reservations nightly (weather permitting)
    Begins at 6:00 pm with the last ride departing at 9:30pm
    Departs from Crocketts Tavern at Pioneer Hall.
    Beverages are permitted

Advance reservations can be made up to 180 days ahead by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. A $45 fee for no-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will apply.

Carriage Rides may be cancelled due to weather problems

Disneys Port Orleans Riverside Resort

A relaxing and cozy 25 -minute carriage ride through Disneys Port Orleans Riverside Resort

$45.00 for 25 minutes (includes tax)
    Tickets are sold by the carriage drivers
    Cash and Disney Resort guest room charge only. No credit cards are accepted
    Large carriage holds 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children.
    Reservations nightly (weather permitting)
    Begins at 6:00 pm with the last ride departing at 9:30pm
    Departs from in front of the Boatwright's Dining Hall
    Beverages are permitted

Advance reservations can be made up to 180 days ahead by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. A $45 fee for no-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will apply.

Carriage Rides may be cancelled due to weather problems

3. ghtx

ghtx DIS Veteran

If PP's info is correct, you would have to get two carriages at $45 each ($90 total) for a 25-minute trip. Here's another idea: go to a theme park on your first afternoon. The additional cost of an extra day on your ticket is just $10 per ticket plus tax. Even though you're not arriving until the afternoon, it's still a pretty good deal (and sounds to me like a better deal than the carriage ride, unless that's something that you absolutely want to do).

4. luvgoing2disney

luvgoing2disney DIS Veteran

IWe may just add that additional day. I'll have to admit, since Mk is our first and last park to visit, it's hard to stay from it--even if it's just going to Casey's to get a hotdog and watch folks and look at the castle. :dance3: