Fort Wilderness Cabins

OldsDr

DIS Veteran
I have stayed at the Wilderness Cabins about 4 times. twice when they were called Homes and two or three times after the re-model. I ahve always had a car. I will be sgtaying for the first time taking ME.

I know the front desk is set up more for camping. Does the front desk have room to store any carry-on luggage and car seats like at a regular hotel. My memeory is telling me it is a small building.

Additionally, when bringing your luggage up for ME check in do you have to lug it all on the internal bus, or can you have someone come pick it up?

That's a good question about additional storage over and above the cabin. When you say front desk I assume you mean the Outpost. I don't know if there's room there but I would think they could make some kind of accommodation in one of their buildings. If you find out please post back so we'll all know.

As far as trucking the bags to your cabin, yes they will take care of that.

Oops, should be more specific - yes they truck your bags back to the Outpost at the end of your stay as well - no schleping required! Just call them ahead of time when you want them to pick up. Give yourself plenty of time with ME as they seem to pick us up (at the Fort) first and then hit a few other stops prior to heading to the airport.

MaineWoodsTribe thank you for your response, I totally missed it when you did.

I may not have been clear. for the additional storage I mean when you first check in and your cabin is not ready. At a regular hotel they have room to store your carryons and hold them untill your room is ready. Do they offer the same thing at FW. My memory is failing me, but from what I remember the check in building is rather small and may not have room to store your carryons and car seats untill the cabin is ready. I hope I am wrong. Can they hold those things if your cabin is not ready?

MaineWoodsTribe thank you for your response, I totally missed it when you did.

I may not have been clear. for the additional storage I mean when you first check in and your cabin is not ready. At a regular hotel they have room to store your carryons and hold them untill your room is ready. Do they offer the same thing at FW. My memory is failing me, but from what I remember the check in building is rather small and may not have room to store your carryons and car seats untill the cabin is ready. I hope I am wrong. Can they hold those things if your cabin is not ready?

From All Ears - "Check-in at FW is essentially the same as at other Disney resorts. If you're staying in a Wilderness Cabin, park at the Reception Outpost and check in at the front desk. If you're checking in early, you may store your baggage in the secure storage area behind the front desk."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter