Fort Wilderness Cabins vs Caribbean Beach Club

disneydan11

Earning My Ears
We are a family of four with two kiddos 5 and 7 years old. Planning 5 nights. We are debating which is better: Fort Wilderness cabins and we could use the kitchen and cook some meals an enjoy all that is there or CBC and do the dining plan. Any thoughts?

Cooking/serving meals on a relatively short trip could be more work in gathering groceries than it's worth.

Are you driving? What time of year?

And... Welcome to the board!

We are debating which is better: Fort Wilderness cabins and we could use the kitchen and cook some meals an enjoy all that is there or CBC and do the dining plan. Any thoughts?

Please clarify ... there is no Caribbean Beach Club :confused3

There is the Moderate resort CBR (Caribbean Beach Resort)
and the Deluxe BC (Beach Club)

Thanks. I have always read all the stuff on here but this is the first time posting. We live in Tampa so we will be driving. We have passes and go pretty often but usually head over on friday after work and come back Sunday. We are going the second week of August.

When we go to WDW, we like to feel like we're really on vacation and don't like to cook ... CBR is a very nice resort. On the other hand , although we've never stayed there, we have visited several times, Fort Wilderness looks like it would be a lot of fun too :confused3
But ... if it were between the Beach Club and Fort Wilderness ... for us, BC wins every time ;)

Since it will be rather hot it could make activities at the camp less enjoyable, but you can be the judge there. I would lean towards CBR and the dining plan for that reason, but if the kids would get something special out of staying at the cabins I wouldn't hesitate.

OK. How about CBR vs POR (port orleans - I think that was the correct abbreviation)? I want POR but I was thinking the kiddos may have more fun at CBR if we choose a resort over FW.

I agree. even though we live in FL and are pretty accustomed to the heat it will still be pretty darn hot that time of year.

OK. How about CBR vs POR (port orleans - I think that was the correct abbreviation)? I want POR but I was thinking the kiddos may have more fun at CBR if we choose a resort over FW.
I'd Pick POR (Our Favorite mod) over CBR every time. CBR is the only mod without Queen beds for starters. Don't get me wrong, it's still a nice resort, we just prefer the grounds and theming of POR.

Visited POR once for dinner. Liked it and plan to stay there perhaps the 2nd trip from now.

They have renovated a lot of rooms over the last couple years. Not sure about CBR.

Both resorts have themed rooms, although the "pirate" rooms at CBR do nothing for me; although I'm a little older than 5 and 7. :)

POR all the way. CBR had double beds and more outdated rooms. POR has queen beds and was very recently renovated.

If you want something exciting for the kids, try a Royal Room at POR. It's a bit extra but it is elaborately themed.

We really like CBR and have stayed there the last 3 visits. The feature pool is really nice and a lot of the rooms have been updated.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the input!

Hi.....I would do Fort Wilderness. We LOVE it there and we spend every Thanksgiving there. We are from Fort Lauderdale. There is so much to do in the campgrounds. We just spent 6 days at Disney, got back last night. We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath at The Boardwalk Villas and we brought food for we can cook. We did have a few meals out too. First time ever going in the summer, it was extremely hot. We got up early when the parks were opening and when it started getting busy (early afternoon) we went back to the resort and had lunch and hung out by the pool. We returned to the parks at night, it cooled off and it was less busier. We did both water parks for 2 days, that was fun. Just a thought....;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter