Former Escape brides! Post your ESCAPE cake!

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by dakcp2001, Apr 30, 2009.

1. figment fan21

figment fan21 Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

Awe thanks so much! I'm dying to know! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KSchwagg86

KSchwagg86 DIS Veteran

Thanks for those pics lurkyloo! How could you tell it was that DIS bride's cake?

4. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Because her ceremony was starting in 15 minutes at Sea Breeze Point and we were stalking it! :rotfl:

5. figment fan21

:lmao: Awe carrie can you come stalk my wedding? Actually all of you Dis brides feel free to stalk my wedding!:grouphug:

6. Inn0c3nc3

Inn0c3nc3 Disney Princess at Heart

I was wondering about the color thing too...I want the scrolls cake but I want the cake frosting to be pink with white trim maybe. Does anyone know what the upgrade charge is for just an extra tier?

7. dakcp2001

dakcp2001 <font color=darkorchid>Am I wrong to want a cashie

Is the scroll cake buttercream? I really have an odd hatred for fondant. Its one of those things I can't explain, I must have buttercream. :)

It would be awesome to get colored buttercream

8. figment fan21

buttercream!!! YESSSS!!!! how yummy!

9. disprincessatheart

disprincessatheart I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

Our upcharge was $200 or $250 - I've lost track a little bit over a year's time! That included an extra tier and the upgrade to a Mickey's delight cake from the standard cake. I imagine the extra tier itself is closer to $125 or $150. Be warned though - it's a LOT of cake!!!

10. Inn0c3nc3

Sheesh that seems like a lot...maybe it's just me though, lol...I figured it would be a lot of cake, but part of me wants the third tier to save the top and part of me just wants to be able to pick three flavor combinations. :lmao: Your cake was so cute, but I'm trying to stay away from fondant because I've never had it and I hear so many mixed things about it. It was fondant right?

Your TR is what made me want a fireworks cruise by the way! (Random tidbit :goodvibes)

11. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

You can still save the top layer of your Escape cake - the bottom layer alone feeds something like 20-30 people. :thumbsup2

Fondant is always applied over buttercream frosting, and you don't actually eat the fondant (well, Disney's, anyway). They peel it off and you are left with the buttercream underneath. The real reason to stay away from fondant is that it costs more than buttercream, but this doesn't matter for the standard Escape cakes because they are included as part of the package.

12. dakcp2001

dakcp2001 <font color=darkorchid>Am I wrong to want a cashie

I think it looks kinda icky when they peel it off too. Just not my thing.

I am for buttercream. Its yummy and pretty. :)

13. Inn0c3nc3

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was that big I guess. Do you know which out of the pictures you took from the Boardwalk Bakery are considered the "standard" cake with no upgrade charge?

And by the way, thank you for all the help! You've answered a ton of my questions and it's been a huge help. :worship:

14. Chilly

Chilly RIP Tag Fairy

They are all standard cakes.

15. Inn0c3nc3

I figured the two on the ends in this picture
    [​IMG]

would be an upcharge because they look more complicated, but that's cool that they're all standard. Thanks. :goodvibes

16. rumrunnergirl

rumrunnergirl DIS Veteran

17. disbridemimi

disbridemimi DIS Veteran

you CAN get a cake without fondant, but I dont think you can get Mickey's delight without it. I dont think they can stamp the mickeys on buttercream, you could ask for a buttercream cake with little mickeys made of frsting with a decorator tip perhaps? I know I have seen one but I dont remember whose PJ or TR it was!

18. CharacterFan

CharacterFan Will stop in walkways for characters

the Mickey's Delight has to be fondant because of the Mickey Stamp...also I see you're close to your wedding, and I don't know how far out you have to request that.

They might be able to do a form of the Mickey's Delight with buttercream, but it might cost extra, as it's more labor intensive to frost all those Mickey's on there.

19. rumrunnergirl

20. rumrunnergirl

21. Luvmyfam3

Luvmyfam3 I love DVC!

I assume there's icing under the fondant...correct?? I gotta check 'cause I'm an icing girl! :lovestruc