Formal night on PCC 4.0?

Discussion in 'Podcast Cruises' started by WebmasterLeah, Oct 10, 2012.

1. WebmasterLeah

WebmasterLeah Administrator Administrator Moderator

We haven't done a 7-night cruise yet and are curious about formal night. Does my husband have to wear a suit or is a dress shirt and tie ok (obviously with black pants and dress shoes)? It's not as much of an issue for the boys and I, b/c our clothes are smaller and wouldn't take up the room of a suit jacket!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mikelan6

mikelan6 World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

This is from the DCL website:

But honestly, I don't think they will turn him away from the dining room if he doesn't have a jacket on. :goodvibes

4. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

Yup. As long as he wears a nice shirt.

Where I grew up in Panama Canal Zone, wearing a nice guayabera shirt = wearing a suit. [Sorry, just got back from a CZ reunion...have to switch back to Disney mode]

5. DVC Kathy

DVC Kathy Mouseketeer

We've been on a number of 7 night Disney cruises. You will see everything from tuxedos and formal gowns on down to very casual. DH started out with a full suit on the first cruise and quickly moved down to a nice shirt and tie. I started out with glittery separates and now just jazz up whatever I've packed with some fancy costume jewelry.

It's a matter of what you're comfortable with. Go with what works for you. What would you wear for a family picture? Formal night is a good time to have pictures taken. If you don't like them, you don't have to buy them.

Kathy

6. DVC Kathy

DVC Kathy Mouseketeer

Sorry. Posted again by accident.

7. WebmasterLeah

WebmasterLeah Administrator Administrator Moderator

Thanks, everyone!