Formal Dining For Anniversary Dinner - Which Resturant?

CodeGoddess

DIS Veteran
My sister and I will both be celebrating our wedding anniversaries while we are at WDW. We would like to get dressed up and go out for a nice dinner to celebrate.

What restaurants would be a good option?

We've celebrated two anniversaries at WDW. One time we debated and debated between California Grill and Narcoossee. Both are highly rated and have views of the MK fireworks. We ended up at Narcoossee because we liked the menu better. While the food at Narcoossee was delicious, I think if my DH was a more adventurous eater we would have picked California Grill over Narcoossee for the atmosphere. On another anniversary we went to Shula in the Swan (or maybe it's the Dolphin) hotel. If you like a traditional upscale steakhouse then Shula is your place. The food was delicious there as well and it did not feel like WDW at all. It felt more like a really nice restaurant you would find in any big city.

If you want to see fire works, Narcoossee or California Grill. We liked Narcoossee a lot. We have not tried California Grill. If you are a steak lover, the Yachtsman at the Yacht and Beach club is also very good.

IF V&A is not an option, I would suggest either Shula's or Blue Zoo in the Swan/Dolphin complex. These will have far fewer kids running around than the other WDW restaurants.

Note: By the time this thread runs it's course, every Signature restaurant at WDW will have been recommended:)

Well, what kind of food do you like? During our honeymoon I planned one "fancy" meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse, which was the highlight of our WDW meals. We'll be celebrating our anniversary on our next trip, and I picked Narcoossee's for this one. I plan to work my way through the Signatures for every other time we celebrate. My DH is slowly branching out on the kind of food he likes, so clearing the menu with him was a must (why he picked Narcoossee's over Cali Grill or Jiko for instance).

What's your budget? Where are you staying? This will help quite a bit with recommendations.

We love CaliGrill in CR
You also get to watch the MK fireworks with music piped in from the top of the CR after (or during) your meal.

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary there ;)

V&A or Bluezoo if you must stick to Disney property.

Bull & Bear for beef or Capa for seafood if you are willing to travel.

My husband and I went to California Grill during our trip this past November, we did not enjoy the food or atmosphere. We wanted a night to get away from the 6 other people/kids we were there with and have a nice quiet dinner. We were told to dress nice since it is an upscale restaurant. We left Animal Kingdom early so we would have time to shower and get dressed. We were very disappointed in the food and atmosphere. The food issue is our fault, we should have looked at the menu but the atmosphere we could not change. It was very crowded, many people were coming in straight from the parks with their cargo shots, flip flops, and back packs. It was very noisy, didn't expect a lot of kids there because of the prices but boy were we wrong. It's not the fact that there were kids there, it's the fact that the kids were loud and disruptive, the adults never said anything. It may not always be like that, maybe we were there on a bad night. Lesson learned, we paid $200 for a meal we were not impressed with and did not enjoy the atmosphere one bit. It also rained that night so the fireworks were canceled, lol. From now on we will look at the menu first, we usually do that but since so many people suggested it to us I guess we just went with it.

We are going back to Disney the first week of December this year and are looking forward to trying Narcoossee.

If no budget, I would definitely do Victoria & Albert's. It will definitely feel like a true special occasion. And if you really want to go all out do the Chef's table there.

Are you going as a group of 4, or is each couple having a separate dinner?

If it's just you and your husband, I would recommend Victoria & Albert's. The food is amazing, but I feel the experience is better enjoyed as a couple than a group.

If the 4 of you are dining together, I suggest Narcoosee's. I've dined there several times and the food is very good. I suggest the beef filet and lobster tail. Ask for a table near the window. I try to time it to watch the Electrical Water Pagent which goes by around 9:15pm.

Are you going as a group of 4, or is each couple having a separate dinner?

If it's just you and your husband, I would recommend Victoria & Albert's. The food is amazing, but I feel the experience is better enjoyed as a couple than a group.

If the 4 of you are dining together, I suggest Narcoosee's. I've dined there several times and the food is very good. I suggest the beef filet and lobster tail. Ask for a table near the window. I try to time it to watch the Electrical Water Pagent which goes by around 9:15pm.

We are going as a group of 4 so we can celebrate together. :)

My DH and I did Jiko on our honeymoon. The food was fantastic. Some of the menu may seem a little adventurous but every item was great. I think the selling point on Jiko is the menu is different than anything we could get back home. We ate at a lot of signatures and this was our favorite. Our server was very personable and attentive as well.

Scupper is correct--CG and Narcoossee's--while good restaurants --are often over-run with kids due to the Fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter