Forgot to book for infant and now unable to add 1 infant to some bookings

Kevin Palmer

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I've been trawling the forums trying to figure out if we're going to have a problem or not.

We booked all our restaurants ages ago on the recommended 180 days before our holiday however we didn't include our 6 month old daughter in the bookings. More recently we managed to change most of our bookings from 4 people to 5 (did this over the phone) however they were unable to change three of our bookings due to availability. These were the obvious ones that always book up.. Cinderella's Castle, Be Our Guest and Chef Mickey's.

I've checked regularly since and never seem to find any availability on www.mydisneyexperience.com and we cannot simply add an extra 1 to the booking.

My question is... for these three bookings, if we just turn up with 5 instead of 4 are they likely to turn us away? or can they modify our head count on the door? I heard they need the correct head count for fire evacuation reasons.

I'm a little worried as I don't want this to spoil our holiday!

Many Thanks,

Kevin

I doubt you are the first to have this issue, many who prob never found out they needed to include an infant until standing at the podium, cough, cough. I'm sure the correct** answer would be Disney takes into consideration every person for the fire code, the space, or something like that.

Good news though, I bet a day or two before each of your reservations, if you keep checking MDE, you will find reservations for the amount of people you need at those three restaurants. I go to Disney world every other month and sometimes every month. I get most of my high-in-demand ADR by booking them a day or two before the date I want to go.

Best option? Definitely keep searching for a 5. Going from a 4 to a 5 means they are having to search for a different size table, even though it's possible the infant might remain in your lap the whole time. If you're unable to get the reservation you can show up, and see if they can accommodate you. If it's a table size issue it's possible, if it's fire code, doubtful. You should be prepared to have them tell you that they are unable to accommodate you. If that's the case, you will need at least one person to stay and eat or you can be charged the $10/person no show fee. Don't lose hope though, just be persistent with searching, and I would recommend subscribing to the cancellation thread on the board for your month. Good luck!

Sorry! Forgot to add: You can also try booking a reservation time close to your own with 1 or 2 then asking to be sat together. The only issue would be CRT since it's prepay. You might be able to change one adult on your current ADR to the infant, and then get 1 adult or 1 adult and 1 infant on the new ADR to avoid being charged more than you need to be. Hope that helps!

They could all turn the extra person away due to capacity, butI think you'll be fine at Be Our Guest, have a potential problem at CRT, and your biggest risk is Chef Mickey's.

This happened during the last trip where I didn't plan it. They did end up seating us but we had to wait. I would keep trying to change it but worst case you can take the risk and see if they can accommodate you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter