Forgive me but.....

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by gold1970, Dec 30, 2013.

1. gold1970

gold1970 Earning My Ears

I've just read a post on bed sizes at csr and pofq, could someone advise the difference between a queen and a full size?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. smbowtie

smbowtie Been there done that, gonna do it again

A queen bed is 60 inches wide by approximately 80 inches long – 6 inches wider and 5 inches longer than a full size mattress.

4. MinnieLovesMickey12

MinnieLovesMickey12 DIS Veteran

Someone correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know both CSR and POFQ both have Queen beds in the rooms.

5. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

Yes, both have queens. CBR does not.

6. jperrot1

jperrot1 Fantasmic

People are posting that CBR will have room refurbishments beginning around April 2014, so you might want to keep checking to see about those double size beds. They just might be converted into queen size beds. And if so, perhaps, before your next stay.

7. carly chloe

carly chloe DIS Veteran

wow- that's it? 6 inches wider? no wonder I really never noticed the difference

8. winterman

winterman DIS Veteran

That's it. If it is shared by 2 people, they each get 3 inches more. I could never understand why some people make such a huge deal about it.

9. TwoAtDisney

TwoAtDisney Julie

I've never measured the beds at POFQ, but DH & I just don't feel like they are a real "queen" bed. Seem smaller to us than our queen bed at home, but then maybe ours is bigger.

10. SA mom

SA mom DIS Veteran

My husband and I are really uncomfortable in a double bed. We will only book hotels with queen beds or larger. That 6 inches makes a big difference in our comfort level.

11. Elleshoodat

Elleshoodat DIS Veteran

We feel this way, too.

12. WildReekies

WildReekies Mouseketeer

13. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

Agree.

14. Minnesota!

Minnesota! Shoeless in Minnesota

The size of a bed doesn't matter to me. We sleep in a Cali King at home, and are bigger people. DH is 6'6 and 300. I am not tiny ;) We fit fine in a double together.

Hell, most nights I am in a twin with one of my kids thanks to night terrors, sleep walking, or something else preventing sleep.