For those wondering about UT tickets and RFID...

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by maccagerl, Sep 1, 2013.

1. maccagerl

maccagerl DIS Veteran

I just received my tickets from UT.
    They are plastic cards, and on the outer plastic wrap it says,

"FOR DISNEY TICKETS: Once you set up your RFID profile you will no longer be able to return or exchange them".

So it looks like you can link your UT tickets to the MDE website.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mikeeymike

mikeeymike Bringing Some Disney Magic to my Family!!

What type of tickets did you order? I ordered the 5day with Park Hopper option. I hope I receive them soon, as I would like to link them to MDE :hourglass

4. maccagerl

maccagerl DIS Veteran

I ordered 6 day PH on Wednesday night, and they arrived today, Saturday, by regular mail . I didn't pay for the express shipping or anything.
    Very quick turnaround!

5. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

Not all of their tickets are the RFID version. They still have some of the old style tickets. For example, I received my order today (10 day PP w/ WP&M) and it was the old style ticket.

DH and I are going to WDW a few months before the trip where I need to use this ticket so I will just exchange it then. I had emailed UT before placing my order so I knew what kind of ticket I would be getting.

6. mikeeymike

Ah excellent news but I think it may take a while for the tickets to get to me as I am north of the border. :)

7. wendyt_ca

wendyt_ca DIS Veteran

I live in New Brunswick and ordered tickets last weekend and they arrived yesterday. They are very quick! It was a 5 day park hopper and it was a new plastic card :)

8. mikeeymike

Good to hear, I ordered mine on Thursday last week. Btw, I live in British Columbia.

9. mikeeymike

Good to hear, I ordered mine on Thursday last week. Btw, I live in British Columbia.

10. corbs64269

corbs64269 Earning My Ears

I just received 8 day non park hoppers and they were the old style non rfid tickets.

11. disneynanacat

disneynanacat Lovin' Disney Too!

Mine were paper but I linked mine to MDE. Wish I had not because BLT and akl Kidani are not testing. :(