• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those who have stayed at BCV and BWV

katallo

DIS Veteran
We recently stayed in a studio at the BCV and really enjoyed it. We are now thinking about next Spring and are considering the BWV. I'm sure the units are similar but we heard the BCV are more convenient in terms of parking, elevators, etc. Is parking for the BWV located in the main parking lot? Also, since the villas are located on one side of the resort are there views of Epcot? Our unit at the BCV overlooked the canal but we were able to see the MK fireworks and the Epcot globe. Parking was easy because the lot was located fairly close to the villas. Thanks!

I have stayed at the BW inn and BCV. Regarding parking - Beach Club has a much better set up. Boardwalk - even the "good" parking spaces are a hike. DVC members free valet will come in handy at the Boardwalk. You can get a better view of some action/fireworks from the Boardwalk but I ask myself - how often do I sit inside my room and long for a view? Both resorts in MHO are awesome. The pool (SAB) at Beach Club is a resort in itself and the main reason I bought DVC at BCV.
I remember one time parking across the road at the Boardwalk. There is a parking lot that is a good hike from the resort and when things are real busy - you run out of options. Also you have alot of people from other on property resorts who park at Boardwalk to visit the Boardwalk area for dining, entertainment, even EPCOT entry. I'm not so sure what the Boardwalk is doing to assist in guest parking but - parking is an issue there.

With all that said - I'd stay at the Boardwalk to check it out...that's part of the fun! -Steve

I've stayed at both. I'd take the BWV boardwalk view over BCV. If you want to save points, I'd take the BWV standard view. If BWV preferred pool/garden is your only choice, I'd take BCV. It's closer to the parking lot, the marketplace is nice.

We own at both and much prefer the BWV. You are right that parking is right outside your door at the BCV. We always valet it at the BWV. We have had the Epcot view and the fireworks are incredible from the BCV but the overall ambience at the BWV is much better. You will not have as good of a view of the fireworks at the BW but you have all the BW has to offer in dining and entertainment. The BW and canal views are incredible. We actually go for the standard view most of the time and look out over the front entrance but we can still see the fireworks.

We own at both and I prefer the BCV and DH prefers the BWV. They are both great resorts and you can not go wrong with either. I love SAB and just the overall theme of the BCV. Self parking is more convenient at the BCV.

We really enjoy valet parking at BWV, it's true that you don't need it for BCV, but for us, the parking aspect of either resort is even.

However, one big exception was in January at BWV where we were all the way at the end of the hall, canal, and it just seemed like too much of a hike to use valet, then, we just walked down the steps, and the parking lot seemed close enough.

Bobbi :)

Both resorts are great. Others have summed it up very well. I'll add this: valet park at BWV, it is free for members. I feel that BWV have better views than BCV. BW view is worth the extra points if you can get one. Even standard views there are not bad. BCV have some really crummy views. With the new lower pool temperatures at WDW, BWV will be warmer than SAB. It is much smaler so the sun wil heat it up quicker. BWV pool is also surrounded on three sides so there is less wind.

Try the BWV, I am trying them all. I have a VB, VWL trip coming up and I might even add a couple of days to it at SSR. The beauty of DVC is that we can stay at any of the properties. They all offer something a little different.

Have a great trip.

I think that if you can, you should try every DVC resort! That's what I'm trying to do, all I have left are Hilton Head and Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Give BWV a try. Definitely go with valet parking. It's free to DVC members as others have said. Also, on a side note, call far in advance when you want your car, it can take some time.

Also, request close to elevators at BWV. I swear one time the walk to our room had to be a mile! :rotfl2: Not really...but it got old hiking to the elevator!

Thanks everyone! I agree with trying all resorts. Our one concern was parking. We will be renting points so I doubt if we qualify for valet parking.

I posted this map in a BWV/BCV walking distance thread, but it should help here as well.
http://mosa.unity.ncsu.edu/photos/misc/epcotdvc.html

You can see how one end of BCV is right in the parking lot. One end of BWV is near the parking lot, but still a distance away. Add to that the fact that BWV is twice as long, end-to-end, and you have a good chance at a long walk to parking in BWV.

That's why we use the complimentary (plus tips) valet service when we go home to BWV. So parking is never further than the valet desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter