? for those who bought resale pkgs

mtdewhead

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happ
We signed the initial paperwork on Feb 13 and I think the next step is we receive a closing pkg. The contract said by March 22. Anyway, how long does it take from the time we send the finished contract back until we can make a reservation? I'm dying to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Impatiently waiting,
mtdewhead

We signed our inital paperwork on 2/12 and are still waiting to close. This weekend our broker said we were number 7 down at the title company and that all our documents are ready to send. Hopefully it will be any day now. It seems like 5 to 10 business days after closing is about the time people have been able to make reservations after a resale on these boards. I am getting anxious too.

We bought resales thru 2 different brokers and the timing was about the same on both. After we faxed back the initial contract upon reaching agreement on price it took about a month to get the final contract paperwork. Once we sent that back it took about a week for the sales to be closed. A couple of days after that we were in the DVC system. All told, from the time we sent back the initial paperwork to the time we could make a reservation it was 5 to 6 weeks.

Once you know that the sale has been closed and funds have been dispersed, wait about 3 days and then call member services. They can look you up in the system using your SS#. If you are not in the system yet keep checking back. In addition, on one of our resales our points were not available until the day after we showed up in the system. If you wait for DVC to contact you after closing it will be 2 - 3 weeks until you have any info. and can make a reservation.

I know how you feel - we were so impatient to be able to make ressies :).

We signed our resale agreement on 2/26 and I am dying of impatience.....We want to go back to WDW for New Year's and I'm worried we won't be able to get ressies....We'll See!!...Just out of curiosity, where did ya'll buy resales....we decided on OKW!

LDPKELLY: OKW for us too. We want to go Thanksgiving. I hope you get the ressies you want. We went this New Year's and although it was crowded we had a great time.:)

We bought OKW, it had points banked from 2000 that expire in Sept. so I want to book asap!!!

We bought from Disney and resale at the same time in December/January. We purchased VWL via Disney and BWV resale from Jaki at atimeshare.com. She was FABULOUS! Kept us informed the entire time of what was going on. It took about 6 weeks total for our points to be in the Disney system. We too were waiting to book ressies so it was a tough wait!

When things got a little mixed up toward the end, Jaki called and let us know what was going on and let us know the points would be there in two days. I called two days later and they were there! So, yes, it took quite a bit of time, and I am NOT a patient person, but we knew what to expect. It also gave us time to really plan so when we got our points we knew EXACTLY what we were doing with every last one of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter