• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? for those who booked using best rate program

sherry8253

<font color=blue>The TF hopes to brighten your day
I was talking to my DH this evening about the good old AP days - checking the boards (or calling CRO) early in the morning when the rumors on the board said the codes will be out ANY DAY. Feeling the pitter patter of my heart when I heard AP codes were finally out. Sitting on hold in the queue and listening to Disney music while waiting to talk to a CM. Having to make a quick decision when I finally get through to a CM based on what was still available. And the THRILL of snagging a room at an AP rate. Then calling back in a week or two to see if anything had opened up at the AP rate at the resort I REALLY WANTED when I called the first time. The fun of the game and the thrill of victory is gone!!! Does anyone else feel this way or am I just weird?

I'm thrilled NOT to have to play the dialing derby game! I like that I can check the availability myself and book when I see what I want for the price I want.

:teeth:

Best wishe s-

I kind of liked the "dialing derby" myself as we always had good luck, but then again I hardly ever had my heart set on just 1 resort. And I always got CMs that seemed happy to help me decide.
I also miss that last minute spontaneous, they're cheap now lets go.........
Jeez I'm making plans 120 days out and it seems like forever until we go.

I haven't needed to used the best rate thing yet, (played with it a bit). :sunny: BUT, I understand the the excitment associated with the phone game. On the other hand, I work extremely early and have a hard time calling from work. Start when the phone lines open and we start off very busy so it was nerve wreaking trying to get a call through and answered. Then get through and off the call ASAP. :confused3 Both sides are interesting. This best rate thing, I am really intersted in BUT I don't like the refund policy. So not sure how I will feel about it by next summer when we expect to go back? OR we might try out DL for a change (have been talking about it and could be a good year to go west)? :earseek:

Mky princess:

I for one am happy with the Best Rate Program. No more long distance phone calls.
I got a really great rate at the Beach Club. Our vacation had been planned for quite a while. In fact we had our Air Line tickets before our room reservations.
For us it worked out very well. I could check the rates at any time and not have a large phone bill. :cool1: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter