For those that had Videography and Photography, who did you use? Would you recommend them?

HappyGal

DIS Veteran
For those that had Videography and Photography, who did you use? Would you recommend them?

For photography we had David and Vicki Arndt. They did amazing work capturing my wedding and are super great to work with (even when I accidentally sent poor David to the wrong room - blame it on morning of the wedding jitters!).

If you do a bridal shoot, the photographer has to be Disney Fine Arts Photography - for our park shoots we had Stephanie Caldwell (whose photos are in my signature). She did great work as well.

Some popular options for photography are:

Randy Chapman
The Roots
David and Vicki Arndt
Regina Hyman
Jason Angelini
Misty Miotto
Cricket

For videography try:

STVS
Trinity
StarFruit

We used Nate & Jensey Root for photography and it was equal to having a DFTW in terms of the best decision we made for our wedding. Their professionalism and kindness is matched only by the quality of work they produce. I give them all the stars!!

We used Trinity Wedding Cinema for video who I would also recommend. I've watched my video probably once a month since the wedding and I fall in love with it all over again ever time. If their style isn't to your liking, Key Moment Films, Shutterlife Productions, Beyond Videography and PD Videoography are also vendors familiar with Disney wedding.

About how much do these videography packages cost? Are they lower than the Disney packages?

Just about anything is lower than DFTW's videography. I've even heard reports from brides of their planners encouraging them to research outside video because of outside video being a comparatively better deal.

I had Disney Fine Art - Beth and Mike - and would highly recommend. https://flic.kr/s/aHskvRzDgQ

If I could have I might had chosen Cricket.
Regina Hyman I also think does stunning work.
Those would be my top 3.

Main tip...Get to know the styles of the photographers. They have websites, blogs, flickr, pinterest. It was a very personal choice for me. Both my husband and I are amateur photographers and we each have a style. I also have a best mate who's done wedding photography but comes from a landscape/architecture background and has a keen eye for my kind of style so I knew exactly what I wanted so when I saw it that was what I booked...

If you used Disney Fine Art Photography, what package did you choose? We are having a hard time choosing because we are a little confused on the park shoots.

If you have a park photo shoot, do you still take photos after your ceremony? I'm a newbie, sorry if these are strange questions.

If you used Disney Fine Art Photography, what package did you choose? We are having a hard time choosing because we are a little confused on the park shoots.

If you have a park photo shoot, do you still take photos after your ceremony? I'm a newbie, sorry if these are strange questions.
We had an Escape Wedding and we ADDED an extended hour after the wedding ceremony at the Grand Floridian (as we had the ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion) It's up to you if you want to do that as well as your park shoot. It was well worth it to us as the Park shoot is quite different.

We would have had included I believe a 20 page Jasmine wedding Album but we upgraded things quite a bit...and to a package that I believe is replaced with something else so you'd have to see what they currently are offering...but it was called the Cinderella Package. We got a better album, 2 photographers (something I wanted very much), archive disc things like that.
All up we are getting quite a few things. I know it isn't for everyone but our wedding was very much a Disney fairytale and I wanted our albums to have that on it. Sure we have all our photos with release. So we could do local printing but from Disney we are getting...
2 x 40 page Cinderella Albums for us. 2 volumes to cover the ceremony and photo shoot after.
1 x 40 page Cinderella for the parents as they are in a different country.
Print package A. (has a variety of prints)
The Park shoot includes a 30 page Jasmine Album and we did a 2 park shoot that we have managed to split into about 15 photos from each.
2 x 50 page seamless bind books for showing friends and family so they don't handle the more precious albums so much. (one for parents one for us)

Hey all! I thought this would be a good place to stick this question/concern.....

I have my photography contract in hand (we're going with Regina not Disney fine arts) I was curious do most of you secure your photography before you actually secure your date with Disney? We are doing the shorter wishes option of late October 2017. So as of now we are just able to get a planner and build the contract but as you all know the venue and date isn't set still with Disney officially till 12 months out. Personally I don't want to wait that long to secure Regina or my hair and make up artist but I'm a little nervous paying out this money for the deposits and then something go wrong with Disney... So I'm curious do most of you do it this way or do most of you wait till you secure final contract at 12 months out? I feel as though from what I've read most have secured earlier than the offical Disney contract... I guess I'm just looking for some insight :)

Last edited:
Yes, many people do this and then their vendor changes the date as needed (if available).

Hey all! I thought this would be a good place to stick this question/concern.....

I have my photography contract in hand (we're going with Regina not Disney fine arts) I was curious do most of you secure your photography before you actually secure your date with Disney? We are doing the shorter wishes option of late October 2017. So as of now we are just able to get a planner and build the contract but as you all know the venue and date isn't set still with Disney officially till 12 months out. Personally I don't want to wait that long to secure Regina or my hair and make up artist but I'm a little nervous paying out this money for the deposits and then something go wrong with Disney... So I'm curious do most of you do it this way or do most of you wait till you secure final contract at 12 months out? I feel as though from what I've read most have secured earlier than the offical Disney contract... I guess I'm just looking for some insight :)
If I had been planning that far out then it makes sense to me. My brother drove me batty not booking photography as soon as they had their date and not meeting photographers.

As happy as I was with DFAP ...Regina was the outside vendor I was seriously pondering so if she was who you fell in love with and wanted then I would have booked her ASAP. All makes sense to me in that MOST vendors will move date as long as it's not booked...so it makes sense. Risky...true...make sense though it does ;)

I mean I got engaged 30th October 2015 and planned and booked a Disney wedding for Feb 2016. So...I had a BALL being able to book everything right away. None of this years of planning stuff :D So Awesome and everything was perfect.

I reached out to Regina WAY before the 8 month mark when I could book my Escape wedding. She penciled me in but wouldn't send me the contract until I had my date from Disney. As soon as I got my date from Disney - before I even told my hubby - I emailed Regina to let her know and before we'd made the drive back home from hubby's parents' farm we were all booked in with Regina too.

How does all this work when your package from Disney includes photography service? Are you able to opt out of their photography and save some money by going with someone else?

How does all this work when your package from Disney includes photography service? Are you able to opt out of their photography and save some money by going with someone else?

I had an Escape wedding which included photography. You have three choices:

1) You can opt out of the photography entirely - you don't save any money you just don't use it (in my opinion the worst choice)
2) You don't use it for the ceremony you use it instead for a Dessert Party - this is a great choice if you're having a morning ceremony and a Dessert Party and you don't want to pay for an entire day of photography, especially handy if there is going to be a bunch of down-time in your day. If you still have your outside photographer scheduled for your DP you CANNOT use this option either.
3) You can do a resort shoot (this was what we did) A great choice if you have a longer vacation planned - on another day in your trip you can do a shoot at a resort of your choosing (you're not allowed to be in wedding attire though) We were down in Florida for 3 weeks so we did a shoot at the Polynesian on the last day of our vacation. I brought a cute tropical dress and DH wore a button down and some khakis and we had a blast wandering around the Polynesian and got some great photos!

I'm budget conscious but love outside photographers much more than I do DFAP. We won't need transportation (all events at GF and staying offsite) and if we don't use photography I'm concerned about the minimums. We have a budget of $25K for 50 people. How did you make it work into budget? We are having a WP ceremony at 2:30 with a dinner reception at WhiteHall and possible dessert party at Sago Cay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter