For those staying onsite, do you do EMHs or avoid them?

If staying onsite, which do you tend to do?

• Go to MK a.m. EMH

• Go to MK p.m. EMH

• Go to HS a.m. EMH

• Go to HS p.m. EMH

• Go to EPCOT a.m. EMH

• Go to EPCOT p.m. EMH

• Go to AK a.m. EMH

• Go to AK p.m. EMH

• avoid all a.m. EMH

• avoid all p.m. EMH

• We always stay offsite, so we don't have a choice.

• We go to EMH if we feel like it at the time.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We tried it once on a trip and that park was more crowded than we expected. So we went in the other direction on the other days. I think it just attracts more people.

We have no objection to EMH. However, morning EMH is usually too early for us, and we're usually too tired for evening EMH. Other than that, it's a splendid idea:earsboy:

We purposefully schedule our dates so we have at least one PM EMH at Magic Kingdom. It ROCKS!!!! :goodvibes

Only nighttime ones. In fact, we plan around EMHs. It only took us about 7 trips to realize it, but EMHs, especially the late ones, are the best time to get anything done during xmas. There will still be crowds, but by then, the little ones are gone and locals have gone home (unless they're staying in a resort).

What we typically do, or plan to do, is say MK is open till 2am with EMHs. We'll wake up, go to the park until about 2pm. We'll go back to the hotel, relax - maybe take a nap, then head to our dinner reservation. After the dinner reservation, we head to MK for the night - maybe go on one ride, then get in line for the parade and Wishes. Following Wishes, things start clearing out a bit after about 45 minutes. Then, it's time to go on the rides.

It's not a TON less crowded than usual, but for example - if you normally wait 45 minutes for a ride, the wait is more like 25. We actually got lucky once, and my sister and I got to ride the runaway train consecutive times.

There's no option for this on the poll, but we do go to EMHs, but that is the only time of the day we go to those parks.

If Epcot has PM EMH, we'll spend the morning at Animal Kingdom, head to Hollywood Studios in the afternoon then go to Epcot that night for Illuminations and EMH.

I like the evening EMH's. Towards the end of the night the park empties out when most people have gone back to their resorts and their kids have tired out. We are late risers and night owls. The rides are walk-ons and we can get a lot done our last hour.

We always try to do the following EMH:
AM at AKL to ride the safari and see all of the animals up and about
AM at HS to ride and get a fastpass for TSM
PM at MK bc it's really fun once all of the little kiddos have gone to bed

LOVE PM emh!! Being the only person on the entire POTC at 11:40 is really cool! Walking on all the kiddie rides is awesome. I would never ever wait an hour for Peter Pan's Flight. After 10pm, you would be surprised how few kids are left in the parks! I also love to sleep in too! If I have to get up too early, I am super cranky.

My schedule this time is going like:
HS noon-11pm
MK noon-midnight
Resort Holiday Hop (ADR@11AM)
EPCOT noon-9:30
Get up early for AK because I went to bed earlier the night before.

My kids are young (5,2,2) and they are early birds. We take advantage of the AM EMH at MK but they get tired too early to bother with the PM EMH so we just avoid those.

LOVE PM emh!! Being the only person on the entire POTC at 11:40 is really cool! Walking on all the kiddie rides is awesome. I would never ever wait an hour for Peter Pan's Flight. After 10pm, you would be surprised how few kids are left in the parks! I also love to sleep in too! If I have to get up too early, I am super cranky.

My schedule this time is going like:
HS noon-11pm
MK noon-midnight
Resort Holiday Hop (ADR@11AM)
EPCOT noon-9:30
Get up early for AK because I went to bed earlier the night before.

I have always avoided the extra hour parks because I want to avoid crowds, but now I may rethink for this trip. Only problem is I don't hop.

I will be at WDW 12/12-12/18. I had planned on doing my touring plans based on Easy WDW but I hate waking up early and the parks close so darn early. Park hours are hard on night owls ( notice what time it is now...this is normal for me.)

If the extended hours parks are not really that much busier in December, maybe I will give it a try. Maybe the 2am MK night would work for me after all?

I was a MK for the 24 hour park opening night and it was wayyyyyy too busy for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter