For those of you despairing over the ADR you couldn't get...

16-21, so maybe we will run into each other. I really do hope you guys get one. I know how much I wanted it and am sure you feel the same way. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks! We've done it before last December but I really wanted to do it one last time before the price increase.

Thanks for giving me hope! I have an ADR for 2 at CRT (for myself and DD) but I'm hoping to get one for all 5 of us. I've been stalking and so far nothing. :/

For all of you trying to score ADRs this is a great thread about when things can shift. As OP notes within the 2 weeks is an excellent time to look as folks change and release ADRs. Another time is just before 45 day mark. Since that's the magic payment time for most onsite trips, folks will often cancel a whole trip around that time and clear out ADRs as well. I've scored ressies I wanted at the 50 day point for cali grill during spring break so its doable.

Ah, an excellent question. We're a party of 2, so that prob did make a big difference. I imagine if there had been 6 of us, I might not have been so lucky. You make a very valid point.

I'm sure it's easier with only two people, but it's possible with larger parties too! My son accidentally canceled our 'Ohana reservation while playing on my phone. I was able to get another at almost the exact same time just a couple days out from the reservation. We were a party of eight!

Just snagged an 11:35 lunch at BOG for May 29 for a party of four! I've been checking several times a day and one finally came up. We are doing lunch only since we are on the QS dining plan. In looking at menu I see the grey stuff isn't on lunch menu??? I really wanted to try it :guilty:

Just snagged an 11:35 lunch at BOG for May 29 for a party of four! I've been checking several times a day and one finally came up. We are doing lunch only since we are on the QS dining plan. In looking at menu I see the grey stuff isn't on lunch menu??? I really wanted to try it :guilty:

I think it is called the "Master's Cupcake" on the lunch menu. It says down in the description that it is made with "Lumiere's grey stuff." : )

I think it is called the "Master's Cupcake" on the lunch menu. It says down in the description that it is made with "Lumiere's grey stuff." : )

Yes the Master's cupcake is the "grey stuff" - note it is the "frosting" and they fill it with it too and it is messy/awkward to eat you may want to attack it with a spoon Yummy!

Totally agree about checking often after the 30 day mark. I think the closer you get the more ADRs "appear" in the system. We also get there on the 16th and I have been checking out the May ADr thread - tons of stuff is showing up including some very hard to get ressies. I am cancelling a BoG lunch for the 22nd (24 hour day) tomorrow - so I am sure to make a large party (there are 8 of us) very happy!

Good for you!!! I have gotten super-coveted ADR's in that week leading up to arrival several times. This past Jan we were sitting around our room at Universal being sad we had chosen it over Disney for that trip. I logged on to MDE and got a 6:45 ADR at O'Hana for THAT night, so we both beat the dinner rush at O'Hana (maybe a five minute wait-- and I have waited an hour after my ADR there!) AND we sat at a window table and watched Wishes. It was a perfect night:love: The cancellations thread here helped me a lot, too-- I've gotten some really great last minute ressies that way!

Oh you are all making me wish I had an Ohana dinner in my plans for this weekend's trip to Universal. I will be so close, yet sooooo far! I am now really craving Ohana.

You might also try again just after the FP+ dates. I know I will be dumping my extra adrs right after we finalize our itinerary, which will be a few days after selecting FP...

That is a really good idea that I never would have thought of. Thanks.

This is what I'm hoping for for one major reservation I want to get (beaches and cream). We have a large group so I know my chances are low but I will be stalking the WDW website like crazy the week before we go.

So if you call T-Rex directly, you have a chance of having more options for dining times? Everything we've looked at has times after 10pm on the WDW site

We just got back from disney a few days ago, and I'd also like to mention that while we were there, I was able to change some times of some of my hard to get meals the night before! People were canceling like crazy and I was scooping up more preferable times thanks to that! So, I wouldn't give up on an ADR until the day has passed! Haha.

That's terrific! We're going in January, I'm hoping to get a couple of ADR's for places we've never been! I don't feel so stressed now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter