For those going soon (in the rain)...

ADisneyPrincess

Mouseketeer
Check your flights and keep a close eye on them. We were scheduled to fly home from Orange County to Seattle yesterday at 4pm and our flight was cancelled because of the rain. Seems like a lot of the smaller airports were having trouble due to flooding. We were able to get on a flight out of LAX which didn't seem to have the same problems.

Also, go prepared! Bring rain boots, rain coat, small umbrella, etc. When the rain hits, it hits hard! DL does not have good drainage and there is lots of standing water and flooding. DCA had a small mudslide from the Grizzly Rapids hill down towards Condor Flatts. The inside of some ride vehicles had standing water in them as well.

Most people we saw were not at all prepared (flimsy, throw away ponchos) and were soaked and miserable. They left in droves. While we were there it rained hard (torrential) for a couple hours, but then it stopped and the sun came out. By then the park was empty and it was beautiful! Your mileage may vary...

I thought I read it was forecasted through Sunday, but that could be wrong. It could be the heavy rain ends tomorrow.

Regardless of weather forecast, it still may be a good idea to pack rain boots. Unless So. Ca. is experiencing a heat wave at the time. ;)

Yeah...rainboots. That whole cloudy vs sunny thing on my arrival date has me spooked! :headache: I might just go to Target & pick some up...return them if we don't use them.:confused3

I brought my rainboots figuring I wouldn't really wear them, but ended up wearing them for three days straight. I was sooo happy I had them!

The rain is not due to ease up significantly until Saturday, and then Saturday, Sunday and Monday should be okay. That is our latest SoCal forecast. Then another storm is rolling in on Tuesday, which is supposed to carry through to Wednesday and part of next Thursday, but that rain next week may not be as bad/heavy as the rain this week.

Right now, in L.A., we just had another heavy downpour with a lot of wind. It is still raining, but the intensity seems to keep ebbing and flowing, as do the wind gusts. So this downpour will be in Anaheim soon, most likely.

A State of Emergency has already been declared for 3 counties in SoCal.

Thanks for the heads up! We leave tomorrow at 6:30 SEA to SNA. I hope we make it! I bought a new pair of rain boots from Target today. Will bring a real raincoat and a couple of umbrellas!

Did your feet hurt from wearing boots all day? Do they have enough support?

I worried about my feet hurting, but I wore two pairs of socks for extra cushion and didn't have a problem with it. Might have helped that our days were cut a bit short due to the rain and the parks closing early, but I was still walking several hours a day. The real raincoat is good. The ponchos just don't cut it with rain like that.

We leave tomorrow too, or are supposed to leave anyway. Weather here shows freezing rain and snow moving in overnight. :(

DH may end up trapped in Tucson, they have a blizzard warning. He is supposed to meet us at DL.

What is up with the crazy weather this year?!?!

I did pack for every weather imaginable though lol. I am ready for anything! Well, as long as I can lug this heavy suitcase that is.

What is up with the crazy weather this year?!?!
jjstinson

I believe it may be due to the Ozone layer issues...... ;) No really, it might just?!

I think it would be neat to check it out in the rain at least once, walking through the empty streets. Every time I have been there it was nice and sunny.

In past years when DS was younger-he's 18 now and I'm "just under a certain age" :rotfl: we had our PAP's and would always go in the rain and loved it. We would make sure to take a change of clothes (after being soaked from the rain) that we kept in the car and just before the drive home we would head to the restroom in the Mickey and Friends Parking structure and change into dry clothes for the hour drive home.:thumbsup2 We loved going to DL in the rain as it had a completely different life to it.

Now, we can't seem to tolerate being wet for any amount of time as we have become total "rain" wimps!:confused3 We've tried and end up leaving after about an hour. I do love it when it gets cold at DL though!!BRRRR!! I love to bundle up-gloves, scarf, the whole bit.

Maybe if I dress like the "Gorton's Fisherman" I'll like being in the park in the rain again...it be a sight!!:lmao:

In past years when DS was younger-he's 18 now and I'm "just under a certain age" :rotfl: we had our PAP's and would always go in the rain and loved it. We would make sure to take a change of clothes (after being soaked from the rain) that we kept in the car and just before the drive home we would head to the restroom in the Mickey and Friends Parking structure and change into dry clothes for the hour drive home.:thumbsup2 We loved going to DL in the rain as it had a completely different life to it.

Now, we can't seem to tolerate being wet for any amount of time as we have become total "rain" wimps!:confused3 We've tried and end up leaving after about an hour. I do love it when it gets cold at DL though!!BRRRR!! I love to bundle up-gloves, scarf, the whole bit.

Maybe if I dress like the "Gorton's Fisherman" I'll like being in the park in the rain again...it be a sight!!:lmao:

I agree about the cold at DLR - I love to bundle up in the scarves and gloves and sweaters - even ear muffs, if necessary. But if it is really hot I can't stand it and if it is really rainy, I can't tolerate that either. Probably a light rain would be okay, but the really heavy stuff is a nuisance to me. My ideal day would be in the low-60's with no rain, and then a nice brisk evening requiring me to get out the cold weather attire and drink cocoa!!:rotfl2:

I swear, last night was so cold here (at least in my apartment) that I just kept throwing on layers to get to sleep. I can do that - I don't mind just throwing on another layer and then another and another to keep warm. But when I have to get out the Gorton's Fisherman gear and try to keep my camera, phone and money and everything from getting soaked, or when I am so hot and miserable that I am about to pass out because I can't get cool, I don't like it one bit!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter