for those doing ssr/okw in aug a??

scojos

<font color=peach>I want to be Tinkerbell and fly
ok, it is a stupid question but...?

we have 14 day passes, if we use them on the day we check on (we are travelling up from deerfield so with the early morning start i reackon we ll get due to time difference (we are normally all awake 6ish) we shouold be at SSR for late morning) i digress:rotfl2:
if we use them on the first day and dont use them for 1 day during our stay, can we therefore use them on the day we check out???
does that even make sense?:rotfl2:
thanks tracy

No, the 14 days have to be used consecutively. If you miss a day while doing something else, you will lose that day. I'm not sure what the relevance of SSR/OKW is?

. I'm not sure what the relevance of SSR/OKW is?

alot of us are on the 42% ssr/okw deal this summer, so i wanted to check that i got the info relevent to that deal, i didnt want to exclude anyone, jjust make sure it was correct:goodvibes
tracy
so, it either check in day, or check out day:eek:, not sure what to do now..possibly tired but hyper excited on 1st day (original plan was check in at ssr, boat over to dtd, soak in the atmosphere and get an EOS on ddp, then back to pool and chef mickeys for dinner:cloud9:
then the kids decided they d like to do MK, so plan wwas to check in, then go to mk, get a few hours in before cm dinner, not to do rides, unless wecan get some FPs but to chill and soak up the atmosphere and get dole whips (is it me or is food a major influence here:thumbsup2)
what do you think?

We always want to do last day in MK, not too bothered about our 1st, except when we arrived Xmas day last year.

Last August we were there 25 days but only had 21 day tix so we couldn't go in a Disney park for our 1st 4 days. Will be same again this August but we are staying at Universal for 1st 4 days.

As Lauren says though its 14 days consecutive so you have to choose.

Tracy, depending on what time you are leaving to go home on the last day, I would use them on the last day rather than the first. I know you will probably be eager to get to the parks but, to me, if you can't get there first thing in the morning, you probably won't get much done anyway so would be better to sit by the pool or have a game of mini golf or something on that first afternoon.

If you were flying in from the UK on your first day, I'd agree with Joh. However, if you reckon you'll be awake early, I'd be inclined to get to SSR as quickly as possible and make the most of that day. Even if you have a late flight on the last day, by the time you've allowed for packing-up and checking out of the room you won't have much more than a few hours at a park before you'll be needing to head for the airport. Downtown Disney is always a good option for the last morning (although, staying at SSR, you might be sick of the sight of it by then).

In 2007, we drove up from West Palm Beach. Even allowing for the fact that we waited for the restaurant to open at 7am for breakfast, we were still checking in to SSR by 10am. I know it's a bit further from Deerfield, but if you reckon you'll be up by 6am anyway, you may as well jump in the car and get the journey underway before the rush hour starts.

thanks guys:goodvibes
i do reackon we ll be up early, as last trip, even when we went to bed at 9ish to try and "aclimiatise" we were up at 6.
the time before that was worse as we went to bed after midnight local time, and had been up for 20 hours:scared1:, following a few:confused: delays, we still got up 8ish...
my kids dont need alot of sleep and we have told them they need to get a few hours sleep if they want to stay up and play in the pool for a few hours (that way mom and dad can have a few drinks:littleangel:, we ll go to bed 9ish if they can stay up that late, so reackon with a 6am start (showers all round, repacking etc, we ll be out the room for 7 at the lastest, and en route, 3 hours travelling, we ll prob do a drive thru for bfast, or dennys/ihop en route, so agree with deb itll be 10.30 ish when we get there, we ll "check in" leave our bags and go, whihc means parks at 11.30 ish...or have i missed something major..?
if they are consecutive days, it also affects the end of the the hols...decisions decisions...
we wont be leaving orlando but moving to a villa, so we dont need to consider departure time, but we do have 14day US tickets, and the kids are massively excited about WWHP and US in general as not been for 4 years....
tracy

Hi Tracy

What time is your flight home? Is it Orlando Int or Sanford
We usually do MK on first & last day.
Last year, we got off cruise early, got to DTD virgin checkin for 8:30, and was in MK for 9:30. Left at 15:20 after parade and got to MCO around 16:15. I think flight home was 17:55. A full but enjoyable day :goodvibes

We are not going to the parks on our last day, partly as we don't really get long enough in the park, we also tend to stay up late on our last night (MK) and also we are always checking thetime and don't really relax. This year we are planning to stay by the pool in the morning after breakfast and have lunch ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe before DME to airport.

we fly from miami, but as we move from ssr to the villa on our last disney day, i need to decide first or last day, iykwim, our return flight wont change anything, it is late afternoon, 4 i think, so well just have a casual day on our very last day, but trying to work out what to do on our last day...
i think well move our bags and then go to US, and as a plus, we can go to dtd and use any cs left at eos in the evening, sounds like a plan....
tracy

Tracy we use the last day. The day you arrive you are tired but intially hyped and can over estimate your stamina for a park. However since you will be arriving on Disney property late morning as opposed to late afternoon/evening as we do, I would say you get more hours out of your day on the first day and in your case I would go with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter