For the first time in like ever I'm going to Disneyland a Nov 14 TR... updated 8/17

Guys the strangest thing happened. I had another piano video in a competition on facebook and it won! I've never won anything for my music.. I don't normally let people hear me play. Anyway a trip report update:

Day 5, part 1:

Friday, 21st of November.

This morning I woke up feeling crappy with the cold I had so stayed in bed til 10.30 then before heading out and look who came with us today:

IMG_3280_zpsuozroowp.jpg

Today we were headed here for a bit of shopping:

DSCF3978_zpsou6ysoym.jpg

And our first stop, because we had a few 20% off vouchers that were burning a hole in Momma’s pocket, was here:

DSCF3979_zpsbnufzqw9.jpg

Duffy:

DSCF3980_zpsntojn2p5.jpg

Some t-shirt fronts:

DSCF3983_zpswmmkcl4a.jpg

DSCF3986_zpssovc33ek.jpg

I got this one and it glows in the dark as well:

IMG_3356_zpselmv4ytu.jpg

Eeyore:

DSCF3984_zpsevhh5eyy.jpg

DSCF4003_zpstzncwkt6.jpg

DSCF4009_zpsqyiiioid.jpg

Angel wanted to get his pic with the Genie:

IMG_3284_zpseqecfacl.jpg

Once Momma had gotten everything she wanted we wandered over to Earl Of Sandwich because we had free sandwich vouchers to use. I took a pic of their peppermint brownie while waiting in the queue:

DSCF4013_zpsiauksbrd.jpg

I got a Hawaiin BBQ sandwich which was yummy:
IMG_3289_zps0hugxf90.jpg

I also got a red velvet cupcake:

IMG_3286_zpsx9220udo.jpg

I think Momma got the same sandwich as me and a fruit cup:

IMG_3288_zps0d92morf.jpg

I was having tummy trouble today as well as the cold and had forgotten to bring the tablets I had for it out with me so we took one more stop after the Earl of Sandwich to see if my tummy troubles would settle before heading back to the hotel so we went here:
DSCF4015_zps0rv0alph.jpg

Build a bear. I had my eye on a bear online that was white with mickey heads all over it and was supposed to be exclusive to Downtown Disney but they didn’t have it when we went. On a side note we also had vouchers for here that we got in the hotel. It was use our vouchers day lol! Anyway we browsed around while I was deciding whether I wanted a different bear or not.

DSCF4016_zpsl5ebyqet.jpg

Oh look they have Frozen bears:

DSCF4017_zpso8ijgqvh.jpg

I decided to get a pink Downtown Disney exclusive bear and called her Mickey-Kayla (like Michaela except Mickey because Mickey Mouse) and an Anna outfit for her. Angel also got some new Disney clothes:

IMG_3357_zps3wovpyzd.jpg

After that I went back to the hotel to get the stuff for my tummy because it wasn’t settling. Momma stayed shopping. Got some pictures of the Disney buses on my wander to and from the hotel:
DSCF4020_zpse8qn6csy.jpg

IMG_3291_zpskkcwet7k.jpg

Also finally caught the monorail:
IMG_3292_zpsnr0zhd3l.jpg

Once I got back to Downtown Disney I went in search of Momma but along the way saw a CM selling Baymax balloons so naturally had to get a picture:
DSCF4027_zpsxuzpap4t.jpg

I was walking behind him for a bit and the balloons were fanning out behind him in the wind as he walked which I thought looks funny:
DSCF4028_zpseeyzonwo.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on winning the contest.

What a shame that you did not feel well that day. Your lunch looked lovely and it looked like you had a successful shopping trip. I love that light up t-shirt.

Corinna

Congratulations on winning the contest.
Thanks. I don't think it's sunk in yet. I was against my own teacher among other people like o_O

What a shame that you did not feel well that day. Your lunch looked lovely and it looked like you had a successful shopping trip. I love that light up t-shirt.

Corinna

I wasn't feeling well from day 1 just seemed to get worse as the week went on and something extra added to the mix every day :( Lunch was yummy and the shopping was ok. I was disappointed with the shopping in Disneyland because when I was going over I wanted an Owald Hoodie, Duffy pillow Pal, Chip cup and then the white bear with the mickey heads I mentioned above and the only thing they had out of those was the Oswald Hoodie

Congrats on your accomplishments..... :cool1:

For a second... it looked like JAWS had his mouth wide open trying to eat the balloons and they were running away.

OMG !!! I forgot about Angel --- good times. :thumbsup2

Congrats on your accomplishments..... :cool1:
Thanks. It really hasn't sunk in yet. It doesn't feel real or something.

For a second... it looked like JAWS had his mouth wide open trying to eat the balloons and they were running away.
Lol I thought it looked funny on the day the way they were blowing back.

OMG !!! I forgot about Angel --- good times. :thumbsup2
Ach poor Angel. He had been left in the hotel most days but had to bring him to get his pawsport stamped in the Build a bear factory. He had it stamped in Florida, New York, Dublin and Manchester already :)

Day 5, part 2:

So when I left you I was following the Baymax Balloon man around Downtown Disney in search of Momma. I found her over behind the winter huts. I took a few pictures of those:

DSCF4034_zpsq53z7ro7.jpg

IMG_3299_zpstbieya2v.jpg

Momma btw had a great time while I went back to the hotel. She even managed to get herself a mocking jay necklace at 30% off while I was gone. Anyway we had time to kill so headed towards the lego store to check out the lego creations for a while:

DSCF4031_zpsxbl9j0dk.jpg

DSCF4035_zps7wihmyhz.jpg

DSCF4039_zpsvu0vrly3.jpg

Needed another daylight Beast picture. Ach I love the beast:

DSCF4041_zpsa5che8u0.jpg

DSCF4042_zps2xl6sy0i.jpg

We decided to go to the cinema for the evening.

DSCF4045_zpsuc45un3c.jpg

Momma wanted to see the Hunger games and I wanted to see Big Hero 6 since it wasn’t out in Ireland yet. We had quite a debate about this. The winner was:

IMG_3302_zpsngojyslu.jpg

It won because Hunger games was out in Ireland and Big Hero 6 didn’t actually come out until February. Straight away I fell in love with Baymax and I think Momma did a little as well although she’d never admit it! Baymax was inside the cinema as well:

IMG_3303_zpsxzkpkfvx.jpg

After Big Hero 6 I asked Momma if she wanted to see a late Hunger Games but she said she just wanted food and to go back to take our time going back to the hotel so we headed here for food first:

IMG_3322_zpsduf5rebp.jpg

Momma got some creamy garlic potatoes:
IMG_3319_zpsph6b6pxh.jpg

And popcorn chicken with chips:

IMG_3320_zpsjxrk6etw.jpg

I decided to try the corn dog nuggets with chips:
IMG_3321_zpsubmhgqqv.jpg

I think they might have been off the children’s menu. After we ate Momma rang her friend in Ireland while she was on the phone I just took pictures of anything nearby. Like the lit up trees:
IMG_3307_zpsvysnatl5.jpg

The fountain:

IMG_3311_zpsxrcimkug.jpg

These hugely expensive artsy one off Vinylmation:

IMG_3309_zps32uyulvt.jpg

I also wandered into Dstreet and took a pic of their fireplace decorations:

DSCF4048_zpsyqrkgns9.jpg

Last edited:
This sounds like a nice evening. I am glad that you managed to watch Big Hero 6. Somehow this has never grabbed me, but I may watch it when it is out on DVD. Dinner looked lovely.

Corinna

I LOVED the Earl of Sandwich food!! we are doing a short WDW in October and that is on my list!! what a great trip so far and congrats on your accomplishment!!!

I LOVED the Earl of Sandwich food!! we are doing a short WDW in October and that is on my list!! what a great trip so far and congrats on your accomplishment!!!
Earl of Sandwich is nicer stateside. We had it in Paris and it was awful. The sandwiches were dry and the muffins were stale :( Thanks re the accomplishment. It still doesn't feel real. The prize giving isn't until May though so maybe it'll feel real then :confused3

This sounds like a nice evening. I am glad that you managed to watch Big Hero 6. Somehow this has never grabbed me, but I may watch it when it is out on DVD. Dinner looked lovely.

Corinna
When I heard about it first I kind of turned my nose up at it because I didn't like the sound of it but it's funny and I love Baymax.. I actually want my own Baymax

Baymax is cute. I am just not sure he is cute enough to make me want to watch the movie. Still, funny sounds good.

Corinna

Totally Amazing what they can do with the Legos....

Midori collects Vinylmations - she would love the Christmas Minnie & Mickey.

Baymax is cute. I am just not sure he is cute enough to make me want to watch the movie. Still, funny sounds good.

Corinna
His appeal is greater once you watch the movie I think.

Totally Amazing what they can do with the Legos....
I know it is amazing. If you haven't guessed already I LOVED the Beast Lego.. It's my 30th birthday next Friday and got an early birthday present today of the Beast plushie. I am in love :lovestruc I'll try post pictures of anything Disney I get for my birthday.. little busy atm with two jobs and a musical to be doing.. We're doing Witches of Eastwick the week after Easter. I am in complete awe of our Witches.

Midori collects Vinylmations - she would love the Christmas Minnie & Mickey.
Those Christmas vinyls were super exclusive once offs I think not like the regular ones you can buy. I'm pretty sure they were about 220-250 dollars each which is why I took the photo or something like that.

What a fun day. I love the grumpy tee and should get it for Skip!
I would've picked hunger games too! I still haven't seen big hero 6, but Claire will be getting it for Easter so we'll check it out then.

What a fun day. I love the grumpy tee and should get it for Skip!
I would've picked hunger games too! I still haven't seen big hero 6, but Claire will be getting it for Easter so we'll check it out then.
I love the grumpy t-shirts they're to funny.
Baymax is awesome

So one more update before the maddess of the next two weeks start. The Musical society are doing Witches of Eastwick from the 7th of April and we've a week of rehearsals to get the show ready for opening night plus it's my 30th birthday on Friday and then work as well... I need a holiday :rotfl:

Day 5, part 3:

So when I left you I was hanging out around Dstreet while Momma was on the phone to Ireland. I was admiring their decorations and window displays:

IMG_3328_zpsmxupowwg.jpg

I loved the drunken looking vinyls with the beer bottle lol!

IMG_3329_zpsukudghsu.jpg

Once Momma was done on the phone she brought me into the jewellery shop that she got her Mockingjay necklace in. I found Irish jewellery there as well:

IMG_3331_zpsooebbl6q.jpg

I think their story on the Claddagh was slightly wrong. I don’t remember what they had but the idea of the Claddagh is heart for love, hands for friendship and crown for loyalty. If you belong to someone you point the heart towards your heart and if you’re single you point it away from your heart. I don’t think they had the story that way. Anyway next we took a quite look inside Anna and Elsa’s boutique:

IMG_3333_zps8c1jzeuv.jpg

IMG_3334_zpsv4xoxzvw.jpg

IMG_3336_zpsv5pmjyuj.jpg

IMG_3337_zpsxr0mput9.jpg

IMG_3339_zps64dg4jiu.jpg

After that we went into the Grand Californian Hotel to try get our Critter Breakfast buttons that we didn’t get at our meal. I took a picture of their Christmas tree again because it was to pretty not to:

IMG_3343_zpsupkofezk.jpg

They also had their Gingerbread House built although I don’t think it was 100% finished when we were there:
IMG_3344_zpsbupyy5bd.jpg

You can make your own Gingerbread house with these simple ingredients:

DSCF4051_zpsnrogzluw.jpg

We went to the Storytellers café and explained about the buttons and the CM there said we should have got them and went and found us two:

IMG_3354_zpsliczerpj.jpg

After that Momma wanted to look in the hotel shop as she was searching for a certain jumper I think and I found the limited edition Anna and Elsa Winter dreams pin that was sold out everywhere else in the parks and Downtown Disney:
1513782_10153450008227662_6329389554543751103_n_zpsscsfyrix.jpg

We stopped again in World of Disney on the way out of Downtown Disney as Momma wanted to try on one more t-shirt. I don’t remember if she bought it or not after but it was pretty:

DSCF4058_zpsejscixjk.jpg

I took one last pic of California Adventure gates all lit up with their Christmas decorations before we headed back to the hotel for an early night:

IMG_3348_zpsd6bgvj5c.jpg

I love all the merchandize photos. I am glad that you got the pin.

Corinna
I was so happy I found the pin and it was so random. We'd been there like the Tuesday before and they didn't have any of them and then that night they just had 4 on the shelf where all the common core pins were.

Slowly trying to catch up and it is just impossible. I did read all of your updates and I loved them, Emma. I want that Genie shirt for my husband!

Slowly trying to catch up and it is just impossible. I did read all of your updates and I loved them, Emma. I want that Genie shirt for my husband!
Don't worry I'm a bit slow with my updating atm with the show and work and stuff. I loved the Genie t-shirt. I love looking at the funnier t-shirts and taking pictures of what I can't buy lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter