For the First Time in Forever... We'll be Visiting Disney! Updated 2/8/16 - COMPLETED

I haven't updated in almost TWO months because I haven't had much to update on! But now that we are SIXTY-EIGHT days away things are picking up and I have fun things to post about again! So today I wanted to show the shirts I have bought for my DD for the trip! Most of them were bought at Target/Wal-Mart/Kohls but I made a couple and ordered some from Etsy.

Day 1 - Arrival Day
I ordered this from the Etsy shop SWDdesigns and it hasn't arrived yet so I don't have the actual photo to show but here is the link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/212951468/my-first-disney-trip-shirt-personalized?
It will also have her name on it.

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

Day 3 - Hollywood Studios
(I made this shirt, but I forgot to cut off the ribbon part that hangs down before I ironed it on the shirt so it's not quite like Minnie's bow

Day 4 - Epcot

Day 5 - Resort Day

Day 6 - Animal Kingdom
I plan to have a Minnie shirt custom made with an animal print but haven't done so yet so I don't have a picture!

Day 7 - Magic Kingdom Day 2

Day 8 - Departure Day
I also made this shirt!

And I have extra shirts (mostly Frozen) and a few that she already had that I will be taking as extras. I plan on taking 2 for each day for her since she is a toddler after all!

Last edited:
July 28 was 60 days until our trip and the day I could book our FP+! I waited up until midnight (not hard since that's usually when we go to bed anyway) and made all our FP+ for our group. It took about 45 mins to book the FP+ and then go back and adjust things to get times we wanted or to change just one FP+ for one person, etc. AND IT WAS SO WORTH IT! :banana:

Since there are 4 adults and 1 toddler in our party, sometimes I have us girls riding a ride while the guys ride, and sometimes I have my husband and I riding together and our friends riding together, switching out watching our DD if she isn't tall enough for something. If she is tall enough, then we all ride together!

So here are the FP+ that I snagged for us!

Day 1 - Magic Kingdom
11:15 - POTC
2:10 - BTMRR
4:20 - Haunted Mansion

Day 2 - Hollywood Studios
10:05 - TSMM
12:00 - Star Tours (Using RS) :chewy:
5:25 - ToT (Using RS - guys will ride and we will save RS for later that evening)
5:35 - Frozen Sing-Along (The girls are taking DD)

Day 3 - Epcot
10:10 - The Seas with Nemo
11:10 - Soarin' (Girls are riding and here is the only time we are taking advantage of RS so guys can ride later and same with Test Track)
11:30 - Mission: Space (Guys riding and maybe RS? Haven't decided)
12:25 - Journey Into Imagination w/ Figment (Girls are taking DD)
1:00 - Test Track (Guys are riding and using RS)

Day 4 - Resort Day/Epcot (this is our resort day but we have a dinner ADR in Epcot so I scheduled a few FP+)
5:45 - The Seas with Nemo (My DD LOVES Nemo)
7:40 - Disney Pals at Character Spot
8:40 - IllumiNations

Day 5 - Animal Kingdom
10:00 - Expedition Everest
11:50 - Kilimanjaro Safari
3:10 - Dinosaur

Day 6 - Magic Kingdom
11:10 - Meet A&E (This is just 1 FP+ for me to take DD to meet them, since she is 2, she does not need a FP+)
11:15 - Buzz Lightyear (Everyone else will be riding Buzz)
12:15 - Dumbo (Just the girls are riding) :dumbo:
12:25 - Space Mountain (Guys are riding and we will use RS because I have never gotten to ride this ride!)
3:20 - 7DMT (Using RS of course)

I know sometimes we have FP+ booked in the AM when we may not need them but that's just how things worked with our schedules (ADRs, show times, and so as to not backtrack across the parks). If they are not necessary, we likely won't use them.

And now with 40 days left to go, I've begun finishing up projects (autograph book, Mousekeeping envelopes) and begun the large task of packing! And when I say packing, I mean the stuff I have bought specifically for this trip. So more updates soon (especially since this update had ZERO photos!)

Last edited:
Hello again! I understand not posting for awhile; there's that "lull" after ADR's and before FP's (which I'm in now for our Nov. trip). But all your shopping certainly kept you in the Disney mood I'm sure! Adorable stuff you got and made :). You must be getting so excited now and I'm sure the trip is feeling more real.

Hello again! I understand not posting for awhile; there's that "lull" after ADR's and before FP's (which I'm in now for our Nov. trip). But all your shopping certainly kept you in the Disney mood I'm sure! Adorable stuff you got and made :). You must be getting so excited now and I'm sure the trip is feeling more real.

Absolutely! I'm getting so excited about the trip coming up! I have a few more posts I want to get done and am hoping I have the time for it in the next week or so! Thanks for following along!

Following, I am also a Sara planning our first trip with similar strategies as you! We have similar ADRs and I'm shooting to get A&E fastpasses on our last day as well. We aren't going until February so I have time yet.

Day 1 - Arrival Day!

The day we leave has a lot of potential to be, uh... interesting, shall we say. We will be flying out of the Philadelphia airport the same weekend the Pope is visiting the United States (Philadelphia) for the World Meeting. We normally only have about a 45-60 minute drive to the airport but on for this trip, we are giving ourselves 3 hours. Most of the city will be shut down with road closures. Personally, I would rather get a hotel room by the airport the night before, but thanks to the Pope's visit, the hotels have jacked their prices up! So we shall see how all of that goes.

Nevertheless, we have a non-stop flight to Orlando and should be arriving around 4-ish. So our plan is to get to the resort as quickly as possible (Come on Magical Express!). We have ordered groceries from Garden Grocer and hopefully that will be delivered fairly quickly. Our friends are considering going to MK because the park has EMH that night and they don't have kids!

Us, on the other hand, don't really have plans but I have some ideas. I know it will be a long day with traveling and the next day will be even longer so I didn't want to go into a park necessarily. I would like to explore the resort, maybe enjoy the pool, and just relax! However, depending on how things go (it doesn't take forever to get the resort, etc) we have not ruled out a visit to Downtown Disney. But what I really want to do is to head over the Polynesian to watch the Electric Water Parade and Wishes (and grab our first ever Dole Whip)! I know that likely gives us a late night so it's not set in stone. I think we will play it by ear - see how tired and crenky we all are.

Thoughts/suggestions for our first day?

Next up: Day 2!

Last edited:

First, I want to show you some sweet mail we got this week! So exciting!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom - Liberty Square/Frontierland

My goal is to wake up in time to get to MK to see the RD ceremony. After that we have a 9:20 ADR for Crystal Palace! I'm a little bummed that our breakfast will be taking up prime park time in the morning but it was the best we could do.

After breakfast, we have our first FP+ at 11:15 for POTC. I would like to squeeze in a ride before but I'm not sure which one. My friends are not about planning and keep teasing me about having every minute planned, so I will leave some things up in the air until we get there and this is one of them. Actually, aside from FP+ I will leave the rides up in the air period.

I would like to try to catch the 1:10 Dream Along with Mickey show in front of the castle, and at that time our friends have FP+ for BTMRR. After the show, they will take DD and my DH and I have FP+ for BTMRR.

After that, I HAVE to watch the Festival of Fantasy parade - it's a priority for me. Not sure where we will sit yet but probably somewhere in Frontierland? We will also grab a QS lunch at some point before the parade. Depending on how hungry we are, we might wait and eat while we are waiting for the parade to start. I would LOVE to try Pecos Bills but I need to read about some more of the options before I decide for sure.

Following the parade we will head over to the HM for our last FP+ at 4:20. We are doing it pre-party but I plan on coming back over here during MNSSHP just to check out the atmosphere as I've heard it's great!

Lastly before the party starts I want to take DD to the Move It! Shake It! dance party at 5:40.

Our friends are not joining us for MNSSHP so they will be leaving by 7:00 to do their own thing and we will get ready for the party (i.e. change DD into her costume)!

Last edited:
Definitely go to HM during MNSSHP! It's a must ::yes:: I won't give anything away and from what you wrote you've probably read some of what goes on over there, but it's really cool. You won't be sorry :)
We were in MK today and all the fall decorations are up & the Halloween party merchandise is in the stores already. Sad we aren't doing the party this year-and admittedly jealous(but happy for you!) that you are lol.

Oh and if watching FoF is important, make sure you do it! We've watched it 5 or 6 times now and still love everything about it. Although back to MNSSHP, the Boo To You parade is totally my favorite :hmghost:

Definitely go to HM during MNSSHP! It's a must ::yes:: I won't give anything away and from what you wrote you've probably read some of what goes on over there, but it's really cool. You won't be sorry :)
We were in MK today and all the fall decorations are up & the Halloween party merchandise is in the stores already. Sad we aren't doing the party this year-and admittedly jealous(but happy for you!) that you are lol.

You are making me so excited! Sorry you aren't doing the party this year, maybe next year?

Oh and if watching FoF is important, make sure you do it! We've watched it 5 or 6 times now and still love everything about it. Although back to MNSSHP, the Boo To You parade is totally my favorite :hmghost:

I'm so excited about watch the parades. I'm glad to hear they are just as good as I'm expecting! Thanks!

ONLY 13 DAYS TO GO!

Day 2 - MNSSHP

MNSSHP might be what I'm looking forward to most for this trip! I mean, the decorations, the costumes, the parade, the fireworks, the Hocus Pocus Spelltacular show, the trick or treating, the characters, how can I not be excited?!

I'm still trying to nail down a plan for the party. My husband is more of the laid back, doesn't want to plan a thing, king of guy and I'm the EXACT. OPPOSITE. So, I'm coming up with a plan and then will sort of just direct us in that general manner, subtly, at the party.

The show/parade/fireworks are my #1 priority. (I'm pretty sure my husband still just wants to ride rides.) The only character that is a must do for me is Captain Jack Sparrow. And if we have time, I would like to meet Jasmin/Aladdin/Genie at the party. If we don't make it to them though, it's not a big deal. I hear Captain Jack's line can be long but I don't think my DH will want to spend time in line. It's just not his thing. So, I've read if you get in line during/after the 2nd parade his line won't be as long (although with the 2nd parade being so late, maybe I'll get in line right before? I don't want his line to be cut before I get there.)

So I would imagine before the parades/show starts, we would try to ride some rides, shop, maybe take Taylor trick or treating, and then steak out a spot for the entertainment. I highly doubt we will stay the whole night due to our DD only being 2 but she is a party animal so if she is doing well, we won't rush back to the hotel. (Although, it's going to be a long day, which is why I wanted to make sure we see the first parade - just in case she is getting super tired and cranky. We are hoping she naps in the stroller this day but you just never know.)

So that's my loose plan for MNSSHP. Any tips out there on meeting Captain Jack Sparrow?

Last Saturday was my 30th birthday! So I have had some fun birthday festivities along with last minute projects for the trip, working, and my DD to keep me busier than ever before we leave. I'm a little behind on my PTR because WE LEAVE IN 2 DAYS!

Okay, it's not even 2 days. It's like 36 hours (maybe even less!) Tomorrow I get to check in to our flight, get my nails done, and last minute packing!

So I'm going to try to whip out some more updates tonight and see if we can't get this finished before we leave on Saturday!

DAY 3 - Hollywood Studios

This day is the most "planned" or "structured" day. That is because we want to be able to see almost ALL of the shows at HS and we have FP+ and an ADR we have to work around. My friends keep teasing me about planning every second but if I didn't plan this day, we wouldn't see all of the shows. I'm sure you understand!

First, we all have FP+ for TSMM at 10:05. We didn't want to go too early because we are not dead set on arriving at rope drop but if we do get around that early then great!

Next we will try to hit the 11:15 Indiana Jones show (not a necessity to anyone but since it's likely going away, I wanted to see it as I'm the only one who hasn't!)

Then we have our second FP+ with Star Tours at 12:00 and will take turns riding since DD cannot. I'm definitely looking forward to this ride!
Following Star Tours, we have our ADR at 1:20 at Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic Package! This was not my first choice to eat at HS but the Fantasmic Package was too good to pass up so we booked it.

After lunch, I'm hoping DD will nap in the stroller, but not for too long since I would like to try to hit the 3:10 Disney Jr show. She is OBSESSED with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Then we are going to scurry over to the 4:30 Lights, Motors, Action show because it's the ONLY thing my DH requested for the whole trip (and the only other showing of this is at 1:20 - same as our ADR.)

At 5:25 is where we split our last FP+ up. The guys will be doing Tower of Terror and we will grab a RS. Then the girls will take my DD over to the Frozen Sing Along and use our FP+ for the 6:00 showing.

Then we will see the first showing of Fantasmic at 8:00 with our passes from lunch.

Somewhere in between all of that, we also want to fit in RnRC, GMR, shopping, and VotLM. But it's also EMH that night so we will probably be able to ride some rides more than once. It's going to be an exhausting day but I'm so excited!

Day 4 - Epcot

So Day 4 is our full day at Epcot. It's the first day we will get to experience F&W festival. And it's also the day that our FP+ get a little complicated. Sort of.

Our first FP+ is for everyone on The Seas with Nemo at 10:10. My DD is super obsessed with Nemo too so I know she will LOVE this ride! Depending on how long it takes us to get through the line and ride, we may spend some time looking around or we may wait until we come back to Epcot the next night.

Out next FP+ is for just the girls on Soarin at 11:10. We will grab a RS for the boys and then hope for a shorter FP+ line because at 11:30 the boys FP+ window opens up for Mission: Space.

At 12:25, the girls will take my DD on Figment.

At 1:00 the boys will be riding Test Track and the girls will grab a RS for later.

Then the girls, DD included, will head over to World Showcase for our lunch ADR at Akershus at 1:45. I'm bummed we won't be eating F&W for lunch (as was our original plan) but we decided it was worth not standing in line to meet all these princesses and saving time. We plan on just eating light and this meal will be out of pocket (and not on the dining plan) since we booked it as an after thought. Anyone know if we can just order appetizers and maybe share a meal? That way we can still enjoy the F&W kiosks, like the boys?

The rest of the day we are just wandering around WS before our 6:50 ADR at Teppan Edo and IllumiNations at 9:00.

I am seriously going to eat so much this day.

Remember in my last post where I said I had a last minute project? Yeah, I decided to make tshirts for all of us to commemorate "Drinking Around the World Showcase". (I apologize for the shadows!)

I love your shirts! They came out great. And also to answer one question, you'll be fine to order apps and an entrée or 2 to share at Akershus. I think that's a good idea since you have Teppan Edo a few hours later and you want to snack at F&W!
I think you're leaving tomorrow-have a wonderful magical time and I hope you do a TR when you return :)

Well, it's been a few months since our trip, the holidays are over, and everything has settled down so I figured it's time I finish this PTR. So on to Day 5!

Day 5 - Resort Day!

With having a toddler, we knew we would need a day to relax some (although even without a toddler we knew we would need a day to relax :rotfl2:) so this was our day. That's not to say we didn't plan anything, because we certainly did. It just meant we weren't at the parks from opening to close.

We were to start off the morning with breakfast at Chef Mickey's!
ChefMickeys.jpg

Afterwards our plan was to split up. The guys left to go golfing (they had reservations at the Palm Golf Course) and the girls were actually going to have the resort day - nap, pool time. (Look at that pool! It looks amazing!)
CSR_pool.jpg

After we all relaxed we were splitting up again - our friends went to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs (I can't remember when it officially changed names) for their wedding anniversary and we were to go back to Epcot for an ADR!

Our dinner reservations were for Coral Reef at 6:30. We also had a FP+ for The Seas with Nemo, which we were going to try to sneak in before dinner. (My DH loves fish and our DD is taking after him.)
CoralReef.jpg

Then we had a FP+ for the Character Spot at 7:40 and our third FP+ for IllumiNations at 8:40.

None of these FP+s were super important to use, I just figured since we would be in a park that we would try.

DAY 6 - Animal Kingdom

Day 6 starts in Animal Kingdom! :simba: Our plan was to hit the Safari first thing, as we've heard that the animals are at their best in the morning and the line can get insane later in the day. Despite this, we also had a FP+ for it later in the day in case we wanted to ride again and in case we didn't make it first thing in the morning.

Our first FP+ was schedule for 10:00 at Expedition Everest!
ExpeditionEverest.jpg

Afterwards we wanted to go see the Festival of the Lion King show at 11:00. Then our FP+ for Safari was at 11:50 should we choose to use it.

We had a lunch ADR at Tusker House for 1:05 PM so we could meet Daisy!
TuskerHouse.jpg

Our last FP+ was for Dinosaur beginning at 2:40 for two of us, and 3:10 for the other 2 of us. We took turns riding so as someone would be able to watch my DD!

Lastly, before heading out of AK we wanted to watch the 4:00 Nemo show since DD is obsessed with Nemo.

Then we wanted to head over to Epcot to take advantage of more Food and Wine Festival!

Day 7 - Magic Kingdom - Day 2

We planned on spending our last day at Magic Kingdom and had some amazing things planned! We had lots of FP+ and a very special dinner ADR planned.

We had our first FP+ at 11:10 for Elsa & Anna! Okay, so we only had 1 FP+ and it was for me and Taylor! The other 3 had a FP+ for Buzz Lightyear while we were meeting A&E.

After that we planned to go ride Dumbo at 12:25.

Our last FP+ was split. The 2 guys at a FP+ for Space Mountain at 12:25 but we wanted to use RS because I wanted to ride it!! The 2 girls had FP+ for 7DMT at 3:20 and we were again going to use RS for the guys.

Then we had our dinner ADR at 4:30 at Be Out Guest!! I was so stinking excited for this, especially because DD was OBSESSING over The Beast.
BeOurGuestRestaurant.jpg

Sadly, our plan after dinner was to head back to the hotel to pack and if time, have a swim at the pool.

Our departure was early the next day. DME would be picking us up before our flight at noon. :sad:

And that pretty much wraps it up! Now that I have finished this PTR, I can finally start our TRIP REPORT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter