"For the first time in forever, I'm getting what I'm dreaming of." Sept 2015 PTR

Those were some super cute movie nights! I can't believe you've done 44 of them! I did one last weekend and I'm still exhausted!:P That teepee looks super fun!

Fastpasses sound good! Hope everything goes well with that. Are you doing them or does your TA do them for you? I'm such a control freak I doubt I'd be able to let someone else do it and then have to wait to see what they got. :rolleyes: I'm nuts....

Wow I've just finished reading your whole PTR! I bet you guys are super excited now! I love the movie nights, I can't believe how many you've done so far though! Can't wait to join in and read more updates especially now you can book your FP+ now! Good Luck!:earsboy:

Your FP choices are good ones, fingers crossed you get everything for the times you want! And as always, cute movie nights :)

Thank you!

Those were some super cute movie nights! I can't believe you've done 44 of them! I did one last weekend and I'm still exhausted!:P That teepee looks super fun!

Fastpasses sound good! Hope everything goes well with that. Are you doing them or does your TA do them for you? I'm such a control freak I doubt I'd be able to let someone else do it and then have to wait to see what they got. :rolleyes: I'm nuts....

I can't believe we have done that many movie nights either! I loved your movie night, you did a fabulous job!

My TA is doing them, it's hard letting go of the control but also so nice to just send an email with what I want and not do any of the work. You're not nuts, it's stressful not knowing and having to not so patiently wait and see what we get. I am hoping that even though she makes them for me, that I can still tweak them while I'm in the park if something comes up.

Wow I've just finished reading your whole PTR! I bet you guys are super excited now! I love the movie nights, I can't believe how many you've done so far though! Can't wait to join in and read more updates especially now you can book your FP+ now! Good Luck!:earsboy:

HI!!!! Welcome! Props to you for reading the whole thing!

Oh man, we cannot stop talking about how close we are and what we are each most excited for. Very very exciting!

Thank you, I know so many movie nights. LOL they sure add up.

Almost at our FP+ booking and online check in, feels so surreal!

Thanks for joining in!

I can't believe how many movie nights you are getting done! They are all super cute! Love the MLP birthday!

I haven't done anything with FP+ yet so I am of no help to you there, but sounds like a good plan!

Just a quick little update here...sorry I've been pretty busy these last couple weeks.

We got all the FP+ at or close to the times we wanted, super grateful for my awesome TA!

I've been busy making trip purchases here and there and starting to officially put things in suitcases....it is SO stinkin' exciting! It's coming up so soon!

Oh and we (well I was) did our paid in full dancing, boy that felt amazing!

I will be back soon to post our 2 latest movie nights.

Happy to hear you were able to get your FP+ choices. You're trip is right around the corner!

I was more behind in posting than I thought...oops.

Swiss Family Robinson FMN #45

The kids tried drinking out of a real coconut for the first time, they both thought it was awful. Surprisingly, they both really enjoyed this movie. I was worried they might get bored, but they asked to watch it a few more times after our movie night.

Lion King FMN #46

Star Wars FMN #47

My DS has found a new love for Darth Vader, it came from out of no where. I wasn't planning on seeing the Jedi Training show at DHS, but now it is a must for us. He is too shy to actually be in the show, but I think he's going to really enjoy the show.

Big Hero 6 FMN #48

This is another one of my DS' favorites, I am so sad that he will not get to see Baymax and Hiro while we are there :(

I love the grass skirt for Swiss family! We haven't watched this one because i thought it would be boring too. Maybe we'll try it.

I am so sad that baymax and hiro are gone already! It seems like they disappeared so fast! Are those baymax cookies on the table?

I love the grass skirt for Swiss family! We haven't watched this one because i thought it would be boring too. Maybe we'll try it.

I am so sad that baymax and hiro are gone already! It seems like they disappeared so fast! Are those baymax cookies on the table?

I was really shocked that my kids enjoyed SFR, I just thought they'd watch enough to understand more about the tree house at WDW.

Yes, Baymax cookies...they were a hit! I read something about Disney wanting to redo baymax's suit, I'm guessing there may have been issues with it.

YAY for getting all your FP choices! I can't believe how SOON your trip is!

Love all the movie nights as usual!

Honestly, neither can I! I still have SO much to do and so little time...it really snuck up on me, but I'd rather it be that way than time just dragging by.

Thank you!

You are the queen of movie nights! If I get a meal that somehow ties into the movie...that counts for me!

I'm so glad the kids liked Swiss Family! It's my SOs fave from childhood; I bought him the blu-Ray for Father's Day.

Glad FP+ was good to you guys!

Suitcases!! How exciting!!! It's so close now!!

Hey guys! I'm keeping busy preparing for the trip and when I'm not working or shopping (for the trip), I am on the treadmill, trying to get more walking into my day. I've finally put in our order for renting a stroller, glad that is one thing off my to do list. We got to pre-order our lunch at BOG, that was fun. I've been trying to figure out touring plans and am preparing our binder, we don't plan to have a strict must follow itinerary, but I don't want to be wandering around going what should we do next. If the kids want to take a break or ride something twice, that's totally taking first priority.

My latest worry is timing, making sure we have enough time to get to where we need to be. From what I've read allow 1 hour to get from resort to park and 90 minutes to go resort to resort. Does this sound right?

Our most exciting news is we received an awesome package in the mail...the kids just HAD to test them out right away!

Lilo and Stitch FMN #49

I may have a slight Stitch obsession.

Brother Bear FMN #50

Bolt FMN #51

We didn't run to the store to get a plastic table cloth, so we just went with it and used our regular one.

They are making lightening bolts with their hands. LOL

Magic bands!! It would be wrong to not take them for a test spin!

It really does take longer then you'd think to get from resort to park and especially resort to resort. We always leave at least an hour of its not first thing in the morning.

Great movie nights, as always!!
You're so close!!!!!

Great movie nights!

Yay magic bands! Doesn't it make the trip seem THAT much more real?! Can't believe you are 2 weeks away!

Beauty and the Beast FMN #52 and Update

Don't mind their dirty faces, they were licking the spoon from the grey stuff.

I realized I never did a "Must Do/Must Try" list, so here it goes...

-Eat a Disney cupcake (I've never had one, but have seen a million pictures of them)
-School Bread (EPCOT)
-Grey Goose Slushi & Grand Mariner Slushie (EPCOT)
-Cinnamon Roll & LeFou's Brew (MK)
-Dole Whip Float & Dole Whip with Rum (MK & AK)
-Lapu Lapu (Poly)
-See the MK welcome show
-Watch MSEP (my absolute favorite parade from my childhood at DL, I cannot wait for my children to experience it. I've had the fear that it would be removed before they can see it, so I am ecstatic that they will actually see it. I will be filming it so we can watch it over and over!)
-Pick a pearl (EPCOT)
-Silhouettes

We will see how may of these I can get marked off (hopefully all:) )

We got some more exciting mail...our pins! I wasn't sure if the kids would really be into pin trading or pins in general. The kids got really into it and each picked out their pins, they were so thrilled with their pins, they may not even want to trade in the park LOL! It was so fun seeing them get overjoyed with something I wasn't sure they'd really care about. They love their pins!

Okay now onto the boring part, but I really need advice!!! I have travel wizard app, but I've heard it's not reliable/outdated.

Transportation (we will not have a car).

Day 1- DHS park opens at 9:00am, we'd like to be there about 8:45am (is that a good time to arrive?) So be at POP bus stop by 7:45am?

Day 2- MK park opens at 9:00am, we want to see the welcome show which is around 8:40 I believe. We'd like to be there at 8:20am, so be at POP bus stop by 7:20am?
We have a Chef Mickey's at 5:00pm...if we are still at MK, what time would you head out of the park and to the contemporary? Is it best to walk or monorail? Was hoping to catch FOF parade at 3:00 and then head out, but not sure how long the parade is and if that's enough time.
If we are having a mid-day break and want to go from POP to Contemporary what time would you leave? Which means going to MK and then getting to Contemporary.

Day 3-AK Park opens at 9:00am, we'd like to be there at 8:45am. So be at bus stop at 7:45am?

Day 5-Epcot, pre-park opening BF at 8:00am. Leave POP by 7:00am?
Cape May Dinner at 5:00pm, is walking the fastest route? About how long is it?

Day 6-Ohana BF at 8:00am, I have heard going to resorts will take longer. Parks open at 9:00 and I believe buses start going at 7:00am. Which means the earliest bus I can take is at 7:00am, will 1 hour be enough time to get from POP to MK, then to Poly (what is fastest way to Poly?) Monorail? Will it be running as early as buses?

Day 7- Fort Wilderness, want to be there by 4pm. What time would you leave POP? Planning to do bus to MK and then taking boat to FW.

Day 9-Crystal Palace 8:00am Pre-park opening BF, again buses will start at 7:00am I believe. Be at POP bus stop by 7:00am.
Dinner at Ohana at 5:00pm, what time to leave MK, which transportation? Monorail? If back at POP, what time would you head to MK to then get to Poly?

Another question, if we want to do a mini golf, which one do you prefer and how do we get there?

Sorry for so many transportation questions, I just want to make sure I have an idea of when we should leave.

-Eat a Disney cupcake (I've never had one, but have seen a million pictures of them)
-School Bread (EPCOT)

Day 1- DHS park opens at 9:00am, we'd like to be there about 8:45am (is that a good time to arrive?) So be at POP bus stop by 7:45am?

Day 2- MK park opens at 9:00am, we want to see the welcome show which is around 8:40 I believe. We'd like to be there at 8:20am, so be at POP bus stop by 7:20am?
We have a Chef Mickey's at 5:00pm...if we are still at MK, what time would you head out of the park and to the contemporary? Is it best to walk or monorail? Was hoping to catch FOF parade at 3:00 and then head out, but not sure how long the parade is and if that's enough time.
If we are having a mid-day break and want to go from POP to Contemporary what time would you leave? Which means going to MK and then getting to Contemporary.

Day 3-AK Park opens at 9:00am, we'd like to be there at 8:45am. So be at bus stop at 7:45am?

Day 5-Epcot, pre-park opening BF at 8:00am. Leave POP by 7:00am?
Cape May Dinner at 5:00pm, is walking the fastest route? About how long is it?

Day 6-Ohana BF at 8:00am, I have heard going to resorts will take longer. Parks open at 9:00 and I believe buses start going at 7:00am. Which means the earliest bus I can take is at 7:00am, will 1 hour be enough time to get from POP to MK, then to Poly (what is fastest way to Poly?) Monorail? Will it be running as early as buses?

Day 7- Fort Wilderness, want to be there by 4pm. What time would you leave POP? Planning to do bus to MK and then taking boat to FW.

Day 9-Crystal Palace 8:00am Pre-park opening BF, again buses will start at 7:00am I believe. Be at POP bus stop by 7:00am.
Dinner at Ohana at 5:00pm, what time to leave MK, which transportation? Monorail? If back at POP, what time would you head to MK to then get to Poly?

Another question, if we want to do a mini golf, which one do you prefer and how do we get there?

I wasn't impressed with the cupcakes, but LOVE skoolbread!

I need to stress that I like to be early for everything in life in general.

DHS sometimes opens 15 mins early, but 7:45 should still be a good time.

The 3:00 parade ends near the barbershop at the entrance to the park. It's about 3:30 before it gets there, so that would put you leaving the park at 4:00ish. I have not walked, but taking the resort monorail should get you there with time to spare for a 5:00 meal.

If you do a break at Pop, I would allow at least an hour (and maybe an hour and a half) to get to Chef Mickey.

I'm not sure about the bus/monorail starting times. I would suggest asking at the Pop guest services.

I'd say an hour an a half to Ft. Wilderness.

The Ohana dinner works the same as Chef Mickey. You'll just get off the monorail at a different hotel.

We've only done Winter Summerland...is that the name??? Anyways, it is in the same parking lot as Blizzard Beach. We took a bus from Pop to DHS and then DHS to Blizzard Beach

your to do list looks a lot like ours! you may not want to get the cinnamon roll and lefou's brew at the same time. we did and it was a sugar overload! ;) both are good, just very sugary!

transportation--I just always think to give it more time then you think. if you want to be somewhere by a certain time, give it at least an hour to an hour and a half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter