• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"For the first time in forever, I'm getting what I'm dreaming of." Sept 2015 PTR

Wreck it Ralph movie night!!! I LOVE that movie! Great choice!

Oh, fastpasses....so much stress!! Here's how I do it. I try to have a schedule made up of what we want to do, what time we have ADRs, and about when we'll be in what areas of the park. Then I start with whatever is most important that trip and see what I can get, then see what is left for our next choices after that. I play around with times a little and just do the best I can. When I'm happy (or it's as good as it's gonna get), I add them to the schedule and see how things look. I sometimes end up tweaking ADRs or checking back daily (sometimes several times) to see if additional times have shown up for certain fastpasses. You can always go back and check things without losing your fastpasses. I also checked on the DIS for info about things opening up/changes etc.

The best advice I got was to remember that you can get on whenever it's midnight EASTERN standard time. I don't remember where you are, but, for example, when it's 11pm for me, it's midnight at Disney and I can get on and start reserving stuff. Also, just remember, some of those fastpasses are HARD to get. Don't beat yourself up if you don't get everything you wanted or at times you wanted. You'll still have a blast!
/

We love Wreck it Ralph too, I was so sad to hear that their meet was canceled at DHS. Although, I think I saw that they are the parade now, I hope we see them. We are really excited to meet Baymax and Hiro (fingers crossed they are still there when we go).

Thank you SO much for your advice, I really appreciate it! It seems like you have a good system down on figuring out picking FPs. I guess part of my problem is trying to figure out what we should hit first in the morning and what we should FP for later. I have a schedule planned out, so thankfully that chore is done. I will start there by looking at that and trying to determine times and where I think we will be.

As far as booking FP, I am in WA so we are like 4 hours behind I think. Luckily, I won't actually have to book the FP, I am planning on just sending a list of times and what I want a FP for and hope for the best.

Again, thank you for sharing your strategy, it really helps me!

Love reading about your FMN. We are heading to POR in September and am going to start doing FMN this weekend!!

I think I'm going to start a PTR too :) :)

I think all your movie nights are awesome! It takes a lot of dedication to do a themed meal once a week for the better part of a year. You're a super mama!

As for FP+ you've seen my PTR so you know I'm as lost as you are! I'm feeling like since we're going in September it won't be too bad though. I'd say grab those must do FP+s as soon as you can and then get some other good stuff in between. You can always change stuff around too.

Love the move night, the hero cookies are adorable!

Picking times for FP+ can be stressful. Just do the best you can and leave extra space around ADRs just in case! There's a big thread on the attractions and strategies board that ranks the order of which ones to get in each park, I would check that out - http://www.disboards.com/threads/fa...ed-priorities-and-strategies-part-ii.3326057/. Of course it also depends on which rides interest you the most!

Love reading about your FMN. We are heading to POR in September and am going to start doing FMN this weekend!!

I think I'm going to start a PTR too :) :)

Thank you! Ahh, POR looks so gorgeous! Please do start a PTR and post your FMN!!! I'd love to see them and follow along!

I think all your movie nights are awesome! It takes a lot of dedication to do a themed meal once a week for the better part of a year. You're a super mama!

As for FP+ you've seen my PTR so you know I'm as lost as you are! I'm feeling like since we're going in September it won't be too bad though. I'd say grab those must do FP+s as soon as you can and then get some other good stuff in between. You can always change stuff around too.

Awe, you're sweet, thank you!

That's how I feel too, September probably isn't a big deal for most FPs. I've heard about switching things around too, that makes me feel a little better that we aren't stuck.

Love the move night, the hero cookies are adorable!

Picking times for FP+ can be stressful. Just do the best you can and leave extra space around ADRs just in case! There's a big thread on the attractions and strategies board that ranks the order of which ones to get in each park, I would check that out - http://www.disboards.com/threads/fa...ed-priorities-and-strategies-part-ii.3326057/. Of course it also depends on which rides interest you the most!

Thank you, I was hoping to fit "You're my hero" on the cookies but my smallest frosting tip was still too big so I went with Hero. LOL

Great advice, thank you! I will definitely check out that thread, thanks!

So much exciting news! I love Up. It's probably my favorite Pixar movie.

I love UP too, it's such a cute movie!

Somehow I lost track of your ptr. Since I wasn't sure how much I missed, I started from the beginning. Your kids have really grown. Loving the movie nights. I think I'm going to do a few myself.

Somehow I lost track of your ptr. Since I wasn't sure how much I missed, I started from the beginning. Your kids have really grown. Loving the movie nights. I think I'm going to do a few myself.

Glad you were able to find it again :) Please post pictures of your movie nights, I love seeing movie night posts!

Pinocchio FMN #40, Dumbo FMN # 41 and Incredibles FMN #42, Plus more!

First up was our Pinocchio FMN, number 40! 40 weeks of FMN! I was surprised to find out how much my son loved this movie. He had never seen it before and was more into the movie than my DD.

Next up was Dumbo FMN #41

We also had a big celebration....DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next was my DD's 6th rainbow pony birthday party!

This bracelet and pony beads station was a hit!

These streamers, pony tails and pony ear headbands were NOT a hit with the kids :( but at least the adults enjoyed them!

She humored me.

Incredibles FMN # 42

So it's been super crazy around here with a million birthdays the past few weeks, I'm so over birthdays for awhile.
The school year is coming to an end here next week, that seriously seems crazy to me. When I first planned this trip, I felt that getting through the end of the school year would make the trip seem close, but at that time, the end of the school year was SO far away. Well, now it's here and the trip does feel like it's coming so so soon. I feel like I need to be pinched, it still doesn't feel completely real. Probably because I never thought I would get to go to WDW and I really am going.

From all your feedback and a lot of reading, I am feeling much better about FP+. I feel prepared to send my requests along to the TA soon. I did send her an email asking if she had maps of each park, so I can familiarize myself with the parks and make sure I am not planning on running across the ends of the parks for FP+ attractions. I've looked online and have not come across any easy to read maps online. I am hoping she has some actual WDW maps she can send me. I know I can download maps from WDW's website, but I don't buy color ink and I don't think they will make much sense in black and white. So keeping my fingers crossed there.

Next step after FP+ will be to start buying everything we don't have that we will need and start packing....eek!!!

We just had my DD's 5th birthday party and also did a MLP theme! We did pony riding though, I didn't want to have to clean up the mess after a party at home!! When's your DD's b-day? My DD's is May 28 :)

Great movie night! Our oldest would have LOVED that rainbow dash party! That was her costume for Halloween last year. She still wears the ears and wings around!

If your TA doesn't have maps, somewhere on disneys site uou can order personalized maps for free. We've never done it but they're in color. You'd just have to wait for them to be sent to you. I also printed black and white ones from easyWDW for our last trip. They were really easy to read and fit into one page. I'll see if I can find the links. It'd at least give you something to look at while you plan.

Love all the movie nights! And your daughter's birthday party looked so fun, I'm sure it was a lot of work!

YAYYY DOUBLE DIGITS!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I love the FMN, as always!

And happy belated birthday to DD; party looks like such fun.party:

Double digits!!! WooHoo!! :cheer2:

I'm with you though; it feels so close and yet still so far. I also feel like there are still a million things to do. :earseek: September will be here before we know it!

We just had my DD's 5th birthday party and also did a MLP theme! We did pony riding though, I didn't want to have to clean up the mess after a party at home!! When's your DD's b-day? My DD's is May 28 :)

That's so cool! I thought about doing pony riding, I thought that would be really fun and fits the the theme. However, we tell the kids that on the years we go to Disney, we do home birthday parties to help save money for the trip. If it's a year we won't be going to Disney, they get to choose any place they want.

Ugh, I hear you, the mess after the party is a big reason I HATE home birthdays!

How neat, my DD's is May 31.

Great movie night! Our oldest would have LOVED that rainbow dash party! That was her costume for Halloween last year. She still wears the ears and wings around!

If your TA doesn't have maps, somewhere on disneys site uou can order personalized maps for free. We've never done it but they're in color. You'd just have to wait for them to be sent to you. I also printed black and white ones from easyWDW for our last trip. They were really easy to read and fit into one page. I'll see if I can find the links. It'd at least give you something to look at while you plan.

I read some where that they stopped doing the personalized maps, I was super bummed.

Here they are. I like his maps because they are simple and easy to read. He also has cheat sheets on his site to help you plan your day and the rides are color coded as to when is a good time to do them if that helps you plan

http://www.easywdw.com/cheatsheets/ak_map.pdf

http://www.easywdw.com/cheatsheets/ep_map_v3.pdf

http://www.easywdw.com/cheatsheets/hs_map_v3.pdf

http://www.easywdw.com/cheatsheets/mk_map_v3.pdf

You are awesome, thank you SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love all the movie nights! And your daughter's birthday party looked so fun, I'm sure it was a lot of work!

YAYYY DOUBLE DIGITS!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thank you :)

I love the FMN, as always!

And happy belated birthday to DD; party looks like such fun.party:

Double digits!!! WooHoo!! :cheer2:

I'm with you though; it feels so close and yet still so far. I also feel like there are still a million things to do. :earseek: September will be here before we know it!

Thank you!

A bug's life FMN #43, Peter Pan FMN # 44 and FP+

First up is our 43rd movie night, A bug's life. The kids really enjoyed this one and thought having a picnic in the living room was AWESOME! They liked eating spiders the best.

Here is our latest FMN Peter Pan FMN #44

Neverland punch was a hit!

As well as the tee pee I dug out of the garage that the kids forgot about.

Now onto the dreaded FP+ ;)

So my TA did send me maps which was so nice to be able to see exactly where certain attractions were at.
Here is my tentative list...

Day 1-
Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Midway Mania 9am-10am
Star Tours 10am-11am
Frozen sing-a-long 6:30pm

Day 2-
Magic Kingdom
Peter Pan 10am-11am
Seven Dwarf Mine Train 11-12
Enchanted Tales with Belle 1pm-2pm

Day 3-
Animal Kingdom
Dinosaur 9am-10am
Safari 1pm-2pm
Kali River Rapids 2pm-3pm

Day 4-Resort/Water park day

Day 5-
Epcot
Soarin 9am-10am
Finding Nemo 10am-11am
Character Spot 11am-12pm

Day 6-
Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Midway Mania 10am-11am
-left last two open because there wasn't much else we wanted. If there is something we didn't get to on our first day at DHS, we can try for it.

Day 7-Resort/Water park day

Day 8-
Animal Kingdom
Safari 9am-10am
Kali River Rapids 11am-12pm
Dinosaur 12pm-1pm

Day 9-
Magic Kingdom
Anna & Elsa (fingers crossed*any time) Ideally would like between 10am-2pm
Space Mountain (work around Anna and Elsa time) 11:30pm-12:30pm
Big Thunder Mountain RR (work around Anna and Elsa time) 1:30pm-2:30pm

Day 10-
Epcot
Soarin 9am-10am
Turtle Talk with Crush 10am-11am
Spaceship Earth 11am-12pm

Your FP choices are good ones, fingers crossed you get everything for the times you want! And as always, cute movie nights :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter