? for Poly experts RE: balconies

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by confal1, Aug 25, 2003.

1. confal1

confal1 Mouseketeer

I am going to the Poly Nov 15-22 and staying GV concierge which will hopefully be at the newly renovated Hawaii BLDG by then. I requested a 2nd floor room and know that there is no full balcony, but are there the standing room balconies that have the balcony doors that open, or are there not even balcony doors? Thanks for any response.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mkymouse4ever

mkymouse4ever DIS Veteran

2nd floor rooms have the exact same balcony door and open, the same. They slide open 1/2 way, BUT you can not go out and there is no where to stand out, you can stand by the door, they also have the same wood railing the other floor's do.

MKY :D

4. AspiringCindy

AspiringCindy <font color=FF66FF>Craved Spam.....the unidentifie

Silly Question But...Are there also screens (Just in case you want to take in the sounds and smells)?

5. FOTM_Ring_Bearer

FOTM_Ring_Bearer Fellowship of the Mouse Member

They don't have screens. I don't think they want the a/c running with the door open.

6. jel0511

jel0511 DIS Veteran

mkymouse4ever - is correct, and there are no screens on any of the sliding doors at any WDW hotel. The Poly during this renovation are installing sensors on the sliding doors, if opened, the air conditioning turns off now, which makes the room get pretty clammy, VERY fast!!

7. AspiringCindy

AspiringCindy <font color=FF66FF>Craved Spam.....the unidentifie

Another quick question! Does the ground floor have a better chance of having palmetto bugs? I just booked my ressies for next summer and am trying to figure out what floor would work best for us and make a request. My daughters HATE bugs!:earseek:

8. dianna112198

dianna112198 <font color=green>When this Welcomed Guest posts m

We stayed on the first floor and had no problems with bugs whatsoever. The only animals we encountered were ducks and birds.