For Fun: What is your dream Disney vacation?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
So, just for fun, what would YOUR dream Disney vacation be? Where would you stay, how long, what sort of special things would you want to do etc?

I'll share my dream vacation:

I will say I honestly don't know if I'd stay on-site or not, even if we had the money. Having stayed in a private home with a private pool available to us 24/7 (my hubby still loves that we went swimming at 2:00 am)... that's pretty hard to beat, and we really enjoyed it. So, my guess is, we'd still stay off site.

Realistically, I can't see us staying more than 2 weeks, I think we'd get homesick. So, in 14 days in Florida, I imagine we'd spend 2 at EP, 1 at AK, 1 at HS, and 2 at MK, 1 at Blizzard Beach. We'd probably have 4 days for R&R and then 1 day at Discovery Cove, 1 day at Kennedy and one day doing... I dunno what! Probably a swamp tour :)

I would definitely do HDDR, CRT and BBB again. I would do more character dinners. I'd also like to do the parasailing at the Contemporary. On one of the "R&R" days, would send the kids on one of the pirate adventure cruises while we went to the spa :)

14 night stay...12 nights at the GF Villas in a 1 bedroom (I dread to think how many points that would take!!) , 2 nights at Royal Pacific at Universal so I could knock those two parks out with the express pass. During the Halloween season so I could attend a couple of parties.

I don't know if I'd ever actually get homesick or just sick of Disney. So my dream vacation would not really be a vacation, I'd love to buy a house in Disney's Golden Oaks and never end my vacation! :worship:

Dream vacation for me would be to go back to September '97 (our first Disney vacation) - ultra low crowds, e-ticket ride nights, pre-911 flights/security - Best vacation ever.

Hmmm, good question. I would like to stay about 3 weeks, not all at Disney. Probably do a 4 or 5 night stay at GF then the rest of a two week stay at YC. I have an AP so I'd just hop around the parks, doing whatever suits my fancy. Maybe get the chef's table at GF or the special meal you could arrange at ToT. On the way down I'd stop a day at one of the caverns in northern Fl. and do a dive. After leaving I'd most like drive down to West Palm Beach and catch another couple of days of diving then on the way back home to Georgia stop at Kennedy for the day. That actually might take longer than 3 weeks, might have to cut some of the Disney stay down. It would be perfect if they would let my little puppy stay on site, I have a yorkie so she doesn't bark and is inside potty pad trained so no messes. I have never understood why they don't allow pets at least at the values and moderates when Hilton and Sheraton and many other mid-level hotels do.

I'd want to stay do a split stay with Poly, BC & AKL, 6 or 7 days each. I think I'd plan a 21 day vacation with about 1/2 the days planned for parks and the other half for relaxing or seeing other things in Orlando. A spa day at the GF for DD and I. The pirates and pals cruise, eating at various restaurants. I'd go in the summer so the kids didn't miss that much school & I didn't have stress from their grades slipping or makeup work, but since it's a dream vacation I'll wish for a slightly cooler summer week (mid-80's). :)

Definitely would be a land and sea adventure for me! Hoping to plan one for our honeymoon!

Here's my dream mini trip -- I priced it, though, and AKL and the Wild Africa Trek are too rich for my blood and budget busters.
I'd do a mini trip and stay Savannah view at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, have dinner at JIKO arrival night, and do the special Wild Africa Trek at AK full day 1. The next day I would do the Magic Kingdom with the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I'd also do a day at SeaWorld and DHS. (Just a five night stay) -- That's enough Disney for me. I'd do this high season in March. // I actually priced this mini trip out and it's too rich for my blood.

Here's what I'm doing instead: Staying offsite and the Downtown Disney Holiday Inn and renting a car. Getting a pool view room that has a balcony and has a rate that includes the buffet breakfast and parking // Going in January for low crowds // Day 1 SeaWorld, Day 2 MK with the Keys to the Kingdom tour, Day 3 DHS. This mini trip works well with my annual vacation budget that includes a mini trip to New York and a summer week long trip to Colorado. The dream trip above doesn't work well with that at all and would in fact eat up the whole budget for the year for vacation all by itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter