For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
like the stock market today, gas fell also. it came down 8 cents.if it sticks, maybe we will see something in a few weeks. when the gas market goes up, it hits the pump in days. when the market drops, it waits to see whats going on and if it stays down,after 2 weeks, the price at the pump falls a few cents. just someone trying to make a buck. be it the gas man,electric man, disney, taxman,college, insurance man, i just keep smilin and payin. :lmao:

Alas, I'm going to need three 15.3 gallon tankfulls this weekend. Long drive ahead. ;)

All the best! :thumbsup2

Alas, I'm going to need three 15.3 gallon tankfulls this weekend. Long drive ahead. ;)

All the best! :thumbsup2

:lmao: like the stock market today, it went up and so did gas.:lmao: gas only went up about 2 cents per gallon. its about 2.76 so pending where you live and how much of a cut your state wants per gallon? my guess is you wont see a thing at the pump. :thumbsup2

Since you guys are my "family" here on the DISboards, and some of my best DIS friends are here, I wanted to post this thread. Start at post #4 for my answer and keep reading.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2819248

Thanks for sharing the link Sharon, I had a good chuckle. My grandmother lived in Limerick during the late 60's after grandpop passed away. She moved down to be closer to my uncles that worked in Pottstown. I remember many a tupperware party at the trailer park behind the ice cream stand along the Hwy.

She went to Limerick chapel which had a great Saturday night teen center. Modeling a local program based off the wonderful times there.

Is it still against the law to pump your own gas in nj.?

Indeed! There's a popular T-shirt and bumper sticker in NJ that reads: "Jersey Girls Don't Pump Gas."

It's somewhat of an awkward experience to make the first gas stop in VA (on the way to WDW) for gas. But it's a really weird feeling if we need gas in NJ on our way back from WDW. For a moment, I feel like I have to get out of the vehicle but then an attendant approaches and reality sets in.

And I'll be pumping my own gas on Saturday! :cool1:

All the best. :thumbsup2

Indeed! There's a popular T-shirt and bumper sticker in NJ that reads: "Jersey Girls Don't Pump Gas."

It's somewhat of an awkward experience to make the first gas stop in VA (on the way to WDW) for gas. But it's a really weird feeling if we need gas in NJ on our way back from WDW. For a moment, I feel like I have to get out of the vehicle but then an attendant approaches and reality sets in.

And I'll be pumping my own gas on Saturday! :cool1:

i thought so. im only 10 min. to the nj state line and i never think to go over there and get gas. i bet you love to pump your own gas.:thumbsup2

i thought so. im only 10 min. to the nj state line and i never think to go over there and get gas. i bet you love to pump your own gas.:thumbsup2

Actually, I don't mind pumping gas on the WDW 2,000+ mile round-trip drive. It forces you to get out of the car and stretch your legs. One full tank in NJ before departure and then two full tanks to WDW.

Is anyone driving I-95 on Nov.17? We will be driving from NY, leaving at 7am or 12pm (if DD has to go to school that day). I just thought maybe we could keep in touch (texting, or this board) as we driving alerting each other of cops, traffics, etc....
If we leave at 12, I estimate Washington DC area b/n 4-5 pm - bad idea, right?
Thanks!

Is anyone driving I-95 on Nov.17? We will be driving from NY, leaving at 7am or 12pm....
If we leave at 12, I estimate Washington DC area b/n 4-5 pm - bad idea, right?
Thanks!

Yes, probably a "bad idea." All things remaining equal, it will be rush hour in the DC area. Most of the traffic that you will experience will be in northen VA once you cross the Wilson Bridge.

[It would even more of a "bad idea" if you reached that area on Nov. 18, a Friday.] :scared1:

Yes, probably a "bad idea." All things remaining equal, it will be rush hour in the DC area. Most of the traffic that you will experience will be in northen VA once you cross the Wilson Bridge.

[It would even more of a "bad idea" if you reached that area on Nov. 18, a Friday.] :scared1:

Thanks! I guess - skipping school that day, plenty of driving time to catch up on school and home work :upsidedow

What would be the best time to leave Miami area (we go there after visiting Disney) to get to NY on Sunday after Thansgiving, considering we can not drive through the night ? :confused3

Thanks! I guess - skipping school that day, plenty of driving time to catch up on school and home work :upsidedow

What would be the best time to leave Miami area (we go there after visiting Disney) to get to NY on Sunday after Thansgiving, considering we can not drive through the night ? :confused3

A Saturday morning departure is probably best, especially starting from Miami and having to deal with Thanksgiving weekend traffic. If you left around 9 a.m. you could make it to NC by the early evening and stay over for the night.

REgarding Thanksgiving traffic: We are driving to Tampa for our cruise the day after Thanksgiving with an overnight stop on Friday and completing the drive on Saturday. What do you think the traffic will be like on those days and heading south? Are most business closed that day which will take care of a lot of traffic? I know the traffic around malls might be bad, but otherwise, I don't know?

We are going to WDW the week after our cruise, and not leaving until December 11th, so I am not really worried about the drive back except for possibly weather related issues.

We can be flexible on which route we drive in either direction.

REgarding Thanksgiving traffic: We are driving to Tampa for our cruise the day after Thanksgiving with an overnight stop on Friday and completing the drive on Saturday. What do you think the traffic will be like on those days and heading south? Are most business closed that day which will take care of a lot of traffic? I know the traffic around malls might be bad, but otherwise, I don't know?

We are going to WDW the week after our cruise, and not leaving until December 11th, so I am not really worried about the drive back except for possibly weather related issues.

We can be flexible on which route we drive in either direction.

other than the mall areas, you should fine. other than retail, most companys are closed and people who went to visit family are where they wanted to get to. sunday after thanksgiving will be busy. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter