1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Footwear for Alaska

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cgdmom, Jun 24, 2013.

1. cgdmom

cgdmom Mouseketeer

What shoes/boots do you all wear in Alaska? Do I need to shop for waterproof hiking boots for my family? Would gym shoes or uggs work? We are doing the summer dogsled camp and harv and marv whale watching. Just not sure what to pack for July 8 th cruise! Thanks Jill

2. ScottFamily2005

ScottFamily2005 Mouseketeer

Hi Jill! We just got off the boat this morning. The last two Alasa cruises have had unseasonably warm weather, so be prepared.

We did the summer dogsled camp and were fine with sneakers. Hiking boots would probably be too much - even if they get rain.

My daughter wore flip flops in the other two ports. We went whale watching with one of the larger boats so footwear was not an issue.

The pools were lousy with kids the last sea day - it was sunny and warm!

I was grateful I read the weather reports and packed a bunch of short sleeves. The only day I felt cold was on deck on Tracy Arm day.

3. EeyoreIsMyName

EeyoreIsMyName DIS Veteran

We wore tennis shoes for all our port adventures two years ago (mid-July). It was the same type of weather they are having now-sunny & in the 70s & 80s. The only day I wished I had warmer footwear was Tracy Arm day-we froze on deck! Bear in mind, none of our excursions were on snow or ice on a glacier. If you are doing that, you might want waterproof boots. Enjoy your cruise!