Foot in mouth disease

SirDuff

DIS Veteran
Please tell me that you've done worse...

I spent the day at a co-worker's 4th of July BBQ. Lots of families and kids. One family included people of various shades - pale Caucasian, South American, and Black (this is relevant, so please don't jump on me).

As expected, total chaos with all the kids. At one point one of the parents in the family came in and said "Has anyone seen my little person?" but I heard "little purse". So, my response was "what colour is it?"

In case you're wondering, my colour became beet red. Luckily, it once I realised that she wasn't asking about a purse, I could explain the error and there were no hard feelings.

Lol! Hopefully they got a laugh out of it.

Yes I have been there. I had a complete brain mouth disconnect one day. I asked a neighbor I don't see often when her baby was due based upon a conversation I just had with another neighbor about her (I thought) baby shower. I hadn't seen neighbor A for quite a while and she had obviously put on quite a bit of baby weight. She said "I'm not expecting". Instead of apologizing like a normal person I said "yes you are!" Why did I do that?! It still makes me cringe.

A lady I casually know mentioned they had their office Christmas party that day, and I said, "Oh, I see y'all wore ugly Christmas sweaters. That's fun!"

Nope, it wasn't a theme and she didn't think she was wearing an ugly sweater. I can only hope I never run into her again :oops::oops:

A lady I casually know mentioned they had their office Christmas party that day, and I said, "Oh, I see y'all wore ugly Christmas sweaters. That's fun!"

Nope, it wasn't a theme and she didn't think she was wearing an ugly sweater. I can only hope I never run into her again :oops::oops:

I did this, too. :rolleyes1 It was around Christmas time, and I knew that some department was having an Ugly Sweater party at some point.. I actually asked a lady if she was going to the ugly sweater party. She asked me what that was. Oops. Luckily, I didn't know who she was, and I've not seen her since. :oops:

I did this, too. :rolleyes1 It was around Christmas time, and I knew that some department was having an Ugly Sweater party at some point.. I actually asked a lady if she was going to the ugly sweater party. She asked me what that was. Oops. Luckily, I didn't know who she was, and I've not seen her since. :oops:
Same thing happened to me. From now on I'm not saying anything about anyone's ugly Christmas sweater.

I've done the... so when are you due?? And the person wasn't pregnant l

My best work friend told me that she brought leftover grilled hamburgers for us to have for lunch. I gushed at how much I love real grilled hamburgers and complained that my husband's best friend's wife always invites us over and serves those god-awful frozen Bubba Burgers and went on and on about how disgusting they were and why can't they just stop being lazy and cheap and make out their own hamburger patties...

Well...you can guess what kind of burger my friend had for me.

I was attending an online conference call/class and after several failed attempts to log in I fonally got through...all while my 2 idiot dogs started barking at the garbage truck. I tripped over one of them while trying to shoo them outside and screamed "SHUT the BLANK UP!!! Shut up SHUT UP SHUT THE &%$@*@&^%#% UP!"

My mic was on. The class heard me. Including my boss.

facepalm.

I was driving through a neighborhood with GFs & commented " what a dumpy nasty area". When I heard a friend of my BFF say " That's my house there"

Yeah tried to get in the glove compartment

there is a well know phrase in the bar/bartending world. empty beer bottles are called "dead soldiers" a few years back I came on duty for the 2nd shift, grabbed a few empties and asked "are these dead soldiers?"
I work at a VFW. and it was Memorial day.... (true story)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter