FoodSaver Containers For Newbie

Shelly F - Ohio

Disney Extraordinaire
Having just got my FoodSaver not long ago I need some help from my fellow Diser's. I have the 4880 model which has the handheld sealer. I need help with how to freeze casseroles. Are there containers specifically for freezing casseroles? If so which one's would you recommend I get. Or is there another way to freeze them?

TIA.

When I've frozen lasagna in the past I always cut it into single portions then sealed two portions in a bag using the "moist" setting or whatever it's called. You could also line the casserole dish with nonstick foil or parchment paper before filling with the ingredients and baking, then freeze in the dish you baked it in and once frozen, remove from the dish by the foil/parchment and then place in a Foodsaver bag & seal. I've never bought any of the storage containers so I don't know if they have any for big casseroles.

If I were to freeze a casserole, I'd do it the way LJSquishy said. Even if you don't bake it (depending on the ingredients, I suppose you could get away with that) you should be able to freeze it, pop it out of the pan and then stick the 'foodsaved' casserole back in the freezer. Just take it out of the bag and put in the pan before thawing and you should be ready to go. Even if the bag isn't big enough for a solid, single pan of casserole, try freezing it 'till mostly frozen and cut in half/thirds/quarters. 'Foodsave' each section and then freeze; later you can open each section and put together back in the pan before thawing and go from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter