"Foodie" Please explain...

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by kopppa33, Oct 4, 2012.

1. OKWAnneMarie

OKWAnneMarie DIS Veteran

I love #3 & 15...that's me! I'm also quite a few other:rotfl:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OKWAnneMarie

OKWAnneMarie DIS Veteran

Me, too. Mickey bars and the French bakery and that's it. Although I have yet to try the candy/caramel shop in Germany, but I will on my next visit.

4. OKWAnneMarie

OKWAnneMarie DIS Veteran

I'm a fatty and a foodie!

5. OKWAnneMarie

OKWAnneMarie DIS Veteran

So true about Niles and Kramer...I love that!

6. OKWAnneMarie

OKWAnneMarie DIS Veteran

My husband just finished saying to me that you can always get a good meal at Il Mulino! I agree with most of the above except Shula's (we had a VERY BAD experience there a few years ago and we won't go back.) Haven't been to Prime Time in years, maybe it's time to go back.

7. ppony

ppony Artist in residence DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Obviously you did have a bad experience, but your experience and ours couldn't have been remotely the same obviously. I'll just say a place can't get away w/ charging what they do and getting the great reviews it does if they really sucked. I've only let one place leave such a bad taste in our mouth (pardon the pun) that we resolved to not go back. We usually give more than one strike. I hope you can give it another shot, but if not, that's OK, more souffles for me. :goodvibes;)

8. OKWAnneMarie

OKWAnneMarie DIS Veteran

I know Shula's gets alot of good reviews and I'm in the minority, but that's ok. It was a problem with the service (and some of the food) that was inexcusable for me. That happens sometimes and I do understand how others love it, but it's just not for me anymore. That's fine because there are so many places for everyone to enjoy in WDW!

9. ppony

ppony Artist in residence DIS Lifetime Sponsor

True dat! :thumbsup2 :flower3:

10. OKWAnneMarie

OKWAnneMarie DIS Veteran

I realized that I am an obsessive Foodie. In January, Costco had Earthbound Baby Kale Greens and I feel in love. They only had it once, but I was determined to find it again. I searched every store I could think of, to no no avail (and I live in New York City!). I called/e-mailed Costco and Earthbound. No help. Finally, I TORTURED the managers in Costco EVERY SINGLE WEEK for months, until they finally got it back! YAY...now I buy a bag every week and practically eat the whole thing myself. I have SEVERE food issues.:)

11. AlixaLock

AlixaLock Mouseketeer

We're taken my now 4 year old to all of these restaurants except Bluezoo (and it's on tap for next time.) We were treated extremely well and welcome at all EXCEPT Shula's. For some reason we got shabby treatment from the staff and glares from some patrons. It WAS later then our normal meals, but still I was surprised. :confused3 My daughter complied by being a PERFECT angel and showing them up! When she was younger we followed a similar 6:30 rule. We've also done Narcoosees (always misspell that) and the Yachtsman with the little one with no problems!

12. bedogged

bedogged <font color=purple>Choose parents that aged well<b

Unfortunately for me, they tend to go hand in hand!

13. DisWishes720

DisWishes720 Mouseketeer

Ohh, I'm excited to share! It is definitely your standard amusement park fare, but there are some things that are so yummy and you can old get at WDW! :goodvibes It's nothing too special but here's what we have!

1)Nutella Waffle at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments - I'm not sure if this is a snack but we will be eating it as though it is one!
    2) Custom Goofy Candy Co Creatioin
    3) DOLE WHIP!
    4) Soft Pretzel from Germany
    5) Cinnamon Roll at Main Street
    6) A Lapu Lapu at the Polynesian (not a snack but definitely a yummy treat)
    7) Mickey Ice Cream Bar
    8) Turkey Leg in HS
    9) Gelato Ice Cream Sandwich in Italy (custom)
    10) Cheese Danish from Starring Rolls - this is my favorite and get it every trip
    11) Cookie Fudge Sundae at Storybook Treats

That's all we have so far. I would also say the beignets at POFQ but we probably won't make it over there...:sad1: Wow, looking at this list it looks like a compilation of all of the fattest things to eat in Disney! :rotfl2: I've got to get the stretchy pants ready! Any other suggestions???

14. DeborahA

DeborahA DIS Veteran

I think "Fluffy" is the term.:lmao: Me too. I love to cook and eat. I think that makes me a "fluffy foodie"