Foodcourt advice needed!!

Joan S.

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up
Hi, If you have frequented the Port Orleans and/or Riverside Foodcourts. Can you tell me which you prefer and why?? I have been to both BUT not in quite a few years. Do both have their own BAKERY?? Thanks, Joan

I have stayed at POR three times and POFQ twice (but it's been a year since my last visit).

They both have their own bakery. POFQ has delicious beignets. They are frozen, and they fry them when you order them.

POR has a bigger food court, but of course their are more people there. Both had a good variety I thought.

The POR food court seemed to have it a little bit more together than the one at POFQ. It seemed like there was often an issue with something going wrong with our order ar POFQ, usually dinner. For instance, We would wait and wait for pizza, then wait longer, finally they would tell us the oven's broken. That kind of thing. I don't really remeber any problems at breakfast, though at breakfast they usually have all the food cooked for when you order.

Overall both food courts were fine and the problems with POFQ weren't enough for us to not want to stay there again, as we really like the resort.

I've been to both, ended up at POFQ for the beignets which were not frozen when I was there--they were made from a soft dough to order and were pretty good, but not as good as Cafe du Monde. I agree that POFQ did not seem well organized, maybe we just weren't there at a busy enough time.

POR has been completely redone since my last visit, so I'm looking forward to eating there soon.

We were disappointed w/POR..we thought the food options were tired and the food was tired too...rubbery burgers under heat lamps, luke warm pasta w/chicken, also rubbery, skimpy portions of rock hard chicken tenders (is that an oxymoron?!). Pizza that gives heartburn, even though it had no flavor! The biggest disappointment was an almost non-existent selection of fresh grab n go items. We did have a Mickey waffle breakfast that was very good. I say fill up at the parks or boat on over to DTD.

THANKS for your input!! Was the redo just of POR and not POFQ?? Joan

We were disappointed w/POR..we thought the food options were tired and the food was tired too...rubbery burgers under heat lamps, luke warm pasta w/chicken, also rubbery, skimpy portions of rock hard chicken tenders (is that an oxymoron?!). Pizza that gives heartburn, even though it had no flavor! The biggest disappointment was an almost non-existent selection of fresh grab n go items. We did have a Mickey waffle breakfast that was very good. I say fill up at the parks or boat on over to DTD.

I agree with this. The worst part for us was the burgers literally swimming in a half inch of grease (honestly - no exaggeration). A few years ago it was better, but last Sept., we were very disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter