• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food & Wine Ready - Starting A Tradition! Sept 2015 PTR - UPDATE 9/22

Good for you! The Wild Africa Trek sounds awesome, I can't wait to hear how you like it!

Trip Advisor showed great reviews, so I am pretty pumped! And it will force us out of bed and into DAK. We have that mixology at 2pm, so I am still hoping to catch Festival of the Lion King before heading back to Epcot. We will see!

Day 5: Final Day. Lots of sad faces.

Our flight leaves at 6:30pm, so we will board DME around 4pm. We will get up and eat a yummy breakfast at YC, maybe hit the pool one more time if the weather permits, then check out then head to Epcot for some FP+s and a little more F&W!

I HATE LAST DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, we get to finish it out in F&W, so I can't complain. :-)

I plan on going thru my clothing options this evening, along with my current stock of travel size toiletries to assess if there is anything I need to get. I will force The Hubs thru a similar exercise, but that exchange will be brief, I have no doubt. :P:D He isn't exactly a planner.

I have been trying different methods of daily planning documentation. Right now, I have a Word doc with each event/to-do item and notes listed out for each day. The last trip, I had an Excel sheet on my phone and I didn't like that very much. Too hard to read. So I may just use paper this time and perhaps take photos of each day's sheet to keep on my phone. I have My Disney Experience on my phone, of course, but there are too many details I have in my notes and I don't care for the way that app shows notes. I also just kinda miss paper sometimes. Not for everything, but for some things.

This morning has been a poo-ey one! First, I read the news that my beloved Moto GP race isn't coming back to Indy next year. We have been every year since it started here, so we are really bummed! THEN I see that the Osborne lights will end this year, as well. We never did get to see them! Come on, people! Ah well. I trust many wonderful things are coming to our local track here, as well as to Disney.

Stay positive and love your life!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Day 5 $$$
Breakfast
F&W
Souvenirs
Airport Food
Running Total: $1126.76

Last edited:

What?!? No more Osborne lights after this year? Ugh, that really stinks! I'm fortunate that I got to see them in 2012 and again last November.

Hope your day improves! Great plans for your last day!!! I hear ya on sometimes missing paper. I have a huge spreadsheet with my itinerary and so much more on it, but you're right - it's hard to read on a phone screen!

What?!? No more Osborne lights after this year? Ugh, that really stinks! I'm fortunate that I got to see them in 2012 and again last November.

Hope your day improves! Great plans for your last day!!! I hear ya on sometimes missing paper. I have a huge spreadsheet with my itinerary and so much more on it, but you're right - it's hard to read on a phone screen!

Isn't that a bummer? So tempting to try to find a way to get down there to experience it once!!!

I find spreadsheets to be the most useful for planning, but once I get there, they don't work as well for me.

Is it time yet?

SEVEN DAYS, PEOPLE. SEVEN DAYS.

This time next week, I will be wrapping up some work and getting ready to head to the airport!!!

The shopping is done, as well as the schedule for the days leading up to the trip. We have people to watch our fur children. We are getting there!

I will start packing this weekend and we will finalize our F&W booth choices. I have been researching most of the wines on the list to determine ahead of time what I might like and feel is worth the cost. I am discovering just how inexpensive some of the wines they will be pouring are. Don't get me wrong, there are some great wines that are super easy on the wallet. BUT, I will be able to make a better decision on what is WORTH the prices I am going to pay at F&W. I will be updating my spreadsheet with the bottle cost before we leave. I used mostly Snooth and Vivino. Some wines I couldn't find much information on at all.

Schedule Updates:

We booked an ADR at Captain's Grille for Saturday morning breakfast at 9:45am. Their menu looks phenomenal and we might be ready for a real meal after all our F&W snacking. Since we plan on spending that morning at the pool, I thought this might be a good addition.

I made a mark in my daily notes that if we arrive at AOA and get done exploring and do not want to get in the pool, we MAY head over to DD and try out the Amphicars at The Boathouse. This is only if we end up with spare time and want to go do something. We have an early morning at MK the next day, so this is quite tentative. I just included their phone number so I can call to see if there are openings in the schedule if we decide we are up for it. I really don't want to kill ourselves trying to do ALL THE THINGS so we we shall see what happens!

TTFN! :tigger:

Last edited:

So close!!! I love all your F&W planning. I haven't yet put prices to what I want to sample there, maybe this weekend!

Hope this next week goes fast for both of us! :-)

Just two more days...I can make it, right????

We spent the weekend mostly doing yard work and visiting friends. I did very little related to trip planning! I decided to cram it all in this week. Smart, huh?

I photograph weddings from time to time, so I spent last night editing the wedding that never ends. I swear. I have been working on this wedding for almost 4 weeks. I was hoping to have it done before vacation so I wasn't thinking about it, but that isn't going to happen! I still have about 200 portraits and 1200 reception photos to do. I love photography, but one of these days, I may have to outsource editing, at least for weddings.

Tonight I will clean my house (I cannot STAND to come home from vacation to dirty house) and start packing! WHOOP! I did find time to update the F&W Tracker with some wine bottle costs to help us make smart choices on wine. We also went thru the list and made our picks! Here is the updated sheet - what The Hubs want is in blue and what I want is in purple. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_A2kuNGpVHHakDunp82PDyhne9YZqZnGbiGSxBa0euA/edit?usp=sharing

The only other item I managed to do is print out all the menus from the YC/BC dining choices. Just to have something fun to read. :o

I finally just decided to keep our itinerary in a Word doc and print it out. I plan on having my backpack most of the time, so it isn't like I won't have a place to stash it.

EEP!!! :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!! IT IS FINALLY HERE!!!!

Leaving work in about 3 hours to grab my bags and the Hubs and head to the airport! See you all soon!

And I have no idea what is up with my avatar...I can no longer see it - can you guys???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter