Food Questions about the Universal hotels?

Meagansmom

DIS Veteran
I have been looking at the menus for the three hotels. Are there any places that have like fast foods? For instance - walk up and get a cinnamon roll or a small breakfast? It looks like they are all sit down restaurants. Something like Disney food courts - you can grab what you want? Any maybe not necessarily breakfast - lunch or dinner? Thanks for any information!

P.S. I even looked at the menus for the restaurants at Citywalk?

Thanks again!!!

HRH has a small coffee/ pastry counter inside the Sunset grille. I haven't had anyting from it so I don't know the prices or quality of hte food.

We didn't find anything that even comes close to the Disney food courts. For a quick breakfast, we ended up eating at the parks the first year, and we were staying concierge the second so we ate in the lounge. This is the one thing that I don't like about the Universal hotels. We ended up going out for pizza last summer when we wanted a casual lunch (at the suggestion of one of the guys who works the poolside restaurant at the RP).

So would you think that the restaurants at the Universal hotels are the only downside with kids...looking for a fast food area...but the walk on rides is worth staying at the hotels...

PBH has the Gelateria that has B'Fast Items Coffee, snacks, Ice Cream. The restaurant by the Beach Pool has Pizza and sandwiches, and Sal's Market Deli has Pizza and sandwiches as well.

HRH has a counter-serve breakfast with croissants, bagels, toasts, fruit, yoghurt, etc. very similar to the deluxe hotels at Disney. We've had breakfast there many times. They also have a ice cream/coffee shop for quick treats on the lower level as you go out towards the pool. The poolside menu has very good fast-food type items (better quality=higher prices). There is nothing cheap at any of the three on-site hotels and nothing is open really late, other than room service.

I certainly wouldn't call the restaurants a "downside" but if you are looking to feed a family of four for under $25.00, you won't be able to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter