Food in WL Mercantile?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
What do they sell for food in the WL Mercantile? Bottled water? Individual fruit (say bananas, oranges, fruit cups)? Cans of Soda? Croissants? We figured on this trip, since there's just DH and myself, it would be more convenient to pick up a few things for evening snacks and breakfast (we're not big morning eaters). Is this possible? What types of things do they have?

Bottled water? Yes. Individual fruit? Don't remember any. Sodas? Yes. Croissants? Don't remember that. The Mercantile has some grocery items, but it is not an extensive selection. You may find some items like fruit and bread at Roaring Forks.

My DW and I stayed in VWL and picked up milk, bread, Pop-Tarts, donuts for b'fast. They have lots of snack-type items: cookies, brownies, etc. The prices are average Disney -- you could probably get the same things for less at Goodings. But the Mercantile is convenient.

There were boxes of baked goods. There are croissants at Roaring Forks

they also have beer there
and behind the register they have cigars and i believe small bottles of booze, i remember being in line when the guy infront of me goes to the cashier--"whats in the cabinet" she goes, cigars and liquir--this guy looked to be in his 40s and looked like he had a long day in the parks, he just replied by taking out his wallet while saying "you better open that up"

Croissants can be found at Roaring Fork, along with donuts, muffins, etc. While RF does have Mickey Ice Cream Bars, Mercantile had delicous Haagen Daaz bars. They're great!

The Merchantile has a lot of standard fare, but the Roaring Forks (a quick snack and food place) is terrific for more than just standard fare. It's one of the best features of the WL! Between the two, you should be able to find anything you need. ;)

I did notice luncheon meats and sliced cheese there last week and was surprised that the prices were reasonable!

Fruit can indeed be purchased from Roaring Forks.

Thanks so much for all your replies. I'm so excited-but not too excited to think about food!

Does any body remember the cost of the bottled water? Just wondering if I should pick it up there before we head over to the parks...thanks.. Do they also sell bottles of wine? corvair

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!