Food Courts at Deluxe Resorts

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
Do they have them like the one at Port Orleans?

I've stayed at the BC and they don't have one and at the Poly and they don't have one. The Poly does have Cap'n Cooks which is a 24 hour fast food place. Great for a quick snack or b-fast or a hot dog or hamburg.

WL has Roaring Forks. SMALL, but you can get your fast food stuff there.

GF has one, Poly has one BC doesn't. They are smaller than at PO but we found them good enough for a quick bite to eat.

I just enjoy eating and reading a newspaper without being rushed by the waiter as you can do in a food court.

We have stayed at Poly and Contemporary and both "food courts" are very small, like a counter style, but for a quick breakfast, hot dog/burger, sandwich, it is just fine. I was concerned the lines would be terrible but they never were. Also, there isn't tons of seating like when you stay at the All Stars or moderate but you really don't need it. They both offered some outside tables to eat at which we did alot.

GF, Poly (Cap/n Cook) and Contemporary (Food and Fun Center) each have a small fast food center that works if you need a quick bite, a snack or a mug refill. They're especially good for a fast breakfast before going to the parks if you're staying at that hotel.

the CR used to have a CM that would hand out mickey mouse straws to kids, but i don't know if they stopped doing that or not

AKL has Mara, which serves hamburgers, chicken, pizza,etc. Plus breakfast items and such. Self serve bakery area with muffins, bagels, pastry. You pay for the food then find a seat. There were always plenty of tables available inside while we were there. Outside you had to wait sometimes. I don't think you'd feel at all rushed while enjoying you coffee and morning paper.

Most of the deluxe resorts offer a "fast food" type of counter service restaurant. (GF, Poly, CR, WL, AKL) They are very different from the food courts you'll find at the moderates or values though.

The Epcot resorts are a little different. The BWI doesn't actually have food "in" the resort... but out on the boardwalk you can get quick food.

The Mara at AKL is a food court. They serve African food as well as the typical burger/pizza. Never rushed, always clean, and always seating available.

Several of the deluxes have something that might equate to a food court of sorts:

GF - Gasparilla Grill - open 24 hours
Poly - Captain Cook's - open 24 hours
WL - Roaring Forks - Kitchen until 11pm
CR - Food and Fun Center - 24 hours?
Dolphin - Tubbies Buffeteria - 24 hours
AKL - Mara- Not sure of hours?

The YC/BC, BW, BWI, and Swan, have restaurants, but not quick and casual self serve like those mentioned above. I wish they did though!:):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Just wanted to add that at The Mara at AKL, when we were there, they were always showing a Disney movie on the TV inside!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!