Food costs/extra cash help

lookame

DIS Veteran
How much should I budget for food for my 7 year old and I? Also consider two character dinners(if my sister gets her way maybe three...) one lunch at SciFi cafe and the rest will be quick service. How much should I add in for a snack for us in Disney as well?
Breakfast will be eaten at the hotel and dinner will be eaten outside of the park at either a fast food restaurant, pizza place or an Applebees or some place like that. We will be there for 6 days and two days will be spent driving. (this is the main thing I need help with...how much are quick service meals on average? How much are snacks ect)

Extra spending cash. I was wondering how much a 7 year old can spend, how much should I account for him?(If I don't mention to him he has money to spend he won't mention buying things, however his cousin will be there and if he asks then my son will ask for something as well...) Should I put this on a gift card or should I just give him some cash(well I'll hold it and see if he wants to buy anything) As for me I'd like to set aside some money for a purse(either a seatbelt purse or a Disney Dooney) and some money for Mickey ears for the two of us. Since my fiance isn;t able to come along I was also thinking of buying him some ears and a gift as well(so possibly $100 for items for fiance). My parent's aren't big shoppers but we are planning a day for DTD and I know I'd like to do the potato head box...

Look at the menus on allearsnet.com. You'll be able to price out what you think you will eat. CS kids meals run between $5 and $8, adults vary, but that site will give you a good idea. As far as spending money for a 7 yo, be prepared and set a budget. The souveniers are pretty expensive;) When my kids were little we would "look" at the gift shops ( you really can't avoid it, since most atrractions exit you through the gift shop), but I always took them to the giant World of Disney store at DTD to purchase. If they spent their money towards the beginning of the trip, they were a bit pouty when they saw something they REALLY wanted :lmao:

Agree with PP about allearsnet.com and the menus there, they have all the snack carts as well. Also disneystore.com has some park merchandise on there so that will give you an idea of how much some items are, I am pretty sure they have Dooneys and Mickey ears on there.

No idea about souvenirs, you would have to decide what is a reasonable amount.

Yuppa - what the PP said about checking out the menus on allears.net We don't know you or your 7-year-old's eating habits, so it makes it a bit difficult to make any guesstimates.....

Thanks everyone. This helps a bunch. I know no one can really say it'll cost x because they know I eat x, y and z. I was asking for a price range(cs typically runs between like 10-20 whereas kids meals range between 5-10 something along those lines) but this makes things a LOT easier. Thanks a bunch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!