Food and Wine Festival Birthday Party Ideas?

waffles77

Mouseketeer
My son is turning 9 and he wants the theme of his birthday party this year to be after the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. We went this past November and I think that it might have been the highlight of his year :-)

It's a family birthday party that is going to be hosted at our house. There will be about 45 people, and half will be adults, the other half children (and mostly under 10 - yes, it is absolutely nutty).

The party is actually next Sunday, so there isn't really a lot of prep time, but I feel like I can get a few good ideas and go with it.

I always find so many creative people on these boards, so I'd love any help or ideas that you have.

I'm thinking of a few different country or themed 'kiosks' setup (probably each having their own spot on a table).

So far I have these ideas:

1) Craft Beer - this is where the beer and cheese and crackers could go
2) Hungary - my in-laws are Hungarian and always bring a Hungarian dish, so this is a no-brainer

And he wants me to make the Kids Rice Sushi dessert from the California Grill. I know its not part of the Food and Wine, but I could fit it in, and it's really easy to make. I just have to make rice krispie treats and roll them with fruit roll ups and put a swedish fish in the middle.

So, haha, that's as far as I have gotten so far. I have some other ideas floating around in my head, but nothing real concrete yet.

So looking to anyone else who could think of something. I am not real good with cooking (better at baking), so the only caveat may be that the ideas stay on the less complex side.

Thank you in advance!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!