Food and Wine Festival at Disneyland

Califgirl

A girl can dream
Did anyone go to the F&W Festival last year at Disneyland Resort? How was it? Was it just special events, or were there booths set up to sample different foods (for a price, of course). Is it just in DCA and the hotels?

Looking for a little first hand info, as this sounds interesting and I LOVE the F&W Festival at Epcot.

It is April 27-May 20 this year. Here is a link to the Disney site, with the info http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...specialEvents/detail?name=FoodWineLandingPage

I was there for a weekend of it last year, but didnt take part in any of it. I know that in DCA they had some areas set up, near the wine country, for demos. They were selling various special foods at the Chinese place (thats been closed for years) in the warf area. They dont really do anything over in Disneyland.

whaa??? !!!

might have to go to that!

I went last year and attended some of the free food/wine demos (you get to sample food and wine for free!) and also tried most of the foods they were selling - several things were quite good, though perhaps a bit pricey - the prices were higher than they are at Epcot's F&W festival, and there's not nearly the selection of food available, either. But since they are serving stuff out of a restaurant kitchen rather than a food booth, they can make things a little fancier and hotter/fresher than at the booths.

This year I'm planning to do the Taste event (it sounds like Party for the Senses) and one of the Winemaker dinners.

It's only at DCA (though the dinners are at Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55) - there's nothing at Disneyland.

There's information on last year's event (including pictures and menus for the food items) on allearsnet.com: - http://allearsnet.com/dlr/tp/dca/dcafw.htm - scroll to the bottom of the page to see last year's info.

We went last year, too. We did a Lunch and Learn at the DL Hotel for $75/ea (which they are not offering this year) and two of the free seminars which included interesting info and free samples. We also made a lunch one day of the various samples offered at the Pacific Wharf. I agree they are too pricey, we were mailed $10 checks for partaking in a survey regarding the F&W events and we told them the samples - at $4-$5 apiece - were too much. They need offerings in the $2-$3 range. For enough food to substantiate a meal, we spent close to $50 and felt like it should have been about half that amount. We have been to Epcot's version and DCA's pales in comparison, but heck, we did have a good time, the weather was great, crowds low, and at least they are trying different venues. This year we are going to a Vineyard Dinner at Steakhouse 55 (Fri, April 27, anyone else going?) and the Festival Wine Reception on Sat, April 28. Also, returning for the PFTS type event on May 12. That was our favorite evening in Epcot and I hope they do it justice here in CA. (See our pic below...)
ScooterL - do you know where we might find any details on the event? I have called Disney twice and everyone seems either clueless or tightlipped about it. I am soooo looking forward to it - hope to see you there!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter