Food and more food

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by NCConch, Jan 1, 2013.

1. NCConch

NCConch Mouseketeer

How does the important process of acquiring food stuff (eating) work? We will be going out on the Dream later this year and I understand how we will rotate between the three dining rooms. I also understand that you can order from room service or get food at any one of the smaller restaurants. Are these options "either/or" or are they all inclusive meaning you can have two lunches at different places. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a glutton but I remember hearing long ago that you get on the boat and eat around the clock. Do you have to pay for any food?

Boy, I could go for a sandwich.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Spurr002

Spurr002 Earning My Ears

The only time you'll find yourself paying for food are at the two adult only restaurants, Palo and Remy, but even there you pay upfront and then while you're there the food is included in the initial price. Also if you get candy/snacks at the concessions by the movies or from the gift shops. Alcohol is a whole different boat…

4. Ikaikalani

Ikaikalani Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

Eat Up Dave! most everything is no charge save a few room service items; concession items, Remy/Palo, etc. MDR's, snack bars, lunch counters are as much and as often as you like. Bon Appetit!!!

5. tinkandonaldfans

tinkandonaldfans DIS Veteran

You will not go hungry! There is your main restaurant each night but if you feel hungry then you go on the top deck and get pizzas, burgers ice cream sandwiches etc! Room service is included but you would need to tip.

6. KBT35

KBT35 Mouseketeer

You can eat as much and as often as you'd like! There are the main dining rooms that are available to you for your scheduled dinnertime and breakfast as well as one being open for lunch too I believe. Then there is Cabana's that's available for breakfast, lunch and dinner! There are also other spots to get quick eats and of course room service! All included in the price of your cruise! The things that do cost are alcohol, any soft drinks ordered from room service, pool side or in the theaters! Soda stations are free and available to you at all times including on Castaway Cay! Food that cost are any prepackaged snacks ordered from room service or outside the theaters! There is an additional cost to eating at Palo and Remy, but once you are there you may eat to your stomachs desire! :thumbsup2

7. NCConch

NCConch Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. This is the thing dreams are made of.

8. geffric

geffric <font color=teal>DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell

And of course you can eat and no one counts..my kids did 2 breakfasts ( you know eat like a hobbit - breakfast, second breakfast, 11ish, etc) in in MDR and one at Cabanas plus got pizza and ice cream after that.

9. Wenawen

Wenawen Earning My Ears

If you don't want pizza or burgers, can you get healthier stuff?

10. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original D

Yes, you can get Sandwiches, Paninis, Fresh Fruits, Wraps and Salads all made fresh to order.

11. stmize

stmize Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 1

Where on the dream can you get these

12. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original D

Filmore's favorites. Deck 11 midship

13. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

The quick-serve places on Deck 11 by the pools.

14. stmize

stmize Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 1

Cool we only got pizza last time

15. chefbart

chefbart chefbart

Yes you can enjoy all the food that you desire to eat. I always grabbed a slice of pizza as I walked by.. After the sit down meals I would eat. When I returned to the room I would order room sevice and eat on the veranda. On the way to eat I would eat, after i ate I would eat. Not only can you eat all you want 95% of what I ate was very very good. Good news you can eat a sandwitch after you eat a sandwitch.:cool1:

16. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

:offtopic: Can anyone address whether there a chicken strips on the Dream and Fantasy (like on the Wonder and Magic)? If so, are they as good? They are my standard afternoon pick-me-up onboard (at least on the classic ships).

:cutie:

17. thegales

thegales Mouseketeer<br><font color="purple">Says he is hap

Yes and yes

18. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Yay!!:cheer2::woohoo:

:cutie:

19. Namsupak

Namsupak DIS Veteran

Sadly they omitted the tacos. Now you can only get a taco at the pirate buffet.

20. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

Oh yeah. Those chicken strips call to me. I like to grab one and wander over to Quiet Cove and enjoy it as I watch the ocean go by. Then when I need some exercise, I walk over and get another. ;)

21. carmie3377

carmie3377 Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Have they added ranch dressing as a condiment for the chicken strips? On the 2011 PC cruise, DD asked them for ranch and they handed her ketchup. She explained she wanted ranch and he found someone else, who again brought out ketchup. Either they didn't have it or there was communication problem or both :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards