Food and General ?????????????

OFFTONEVERLAND1

Mouseketeer
Is Blue Bayou a must see fro a DL trip? We have never been to DL so I am clueless. Also what other restaurants should we go to? We will be there for 7 days at the beginning of Dec and we plan to spend 5 of those at DL and CA. Any DL information would be great. Our party consists of 2 adults, a 6 year old girl and an 11 month old. TIA:)

I really enjoy Blue Bayou, especially for lunch when you can get those yummy delicious Monte Cristos! Mmmmmmmm! I do recommend it.

As for other restaurants, if the girl is into princesses, you might want to try the character princess lunch or dinner at Ariel's Grotto in DCA. Another fun spot for kids is Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. You can also book a character breakfast at one of the 3 onsite hotels (even if you aren't staying onsite). Priority seating can be made 60 days in advance, so you've got a while.

You have your Blue Bayou lovers and not-so-much lovers on this board. I think it's worth checking out for sure. What you should do is pick a day on your trip in advance, maybe your third day?, and make a PS at 11:30 (you can book this 60 days in advance...last week I realized I was at about 53 days out from our trip and thought I wouldn't get it but was still able to get an 11:30 booking PHEW). The reason you want 11:30 is because that's the first seating of the day and you're assured (almost 100% chance?) of getting a waterside table if you check in early...show up about 15 minutes before your ressie and check in.

The reason it's cool is because it is INSIDE the POTC ride. So, you'll have your PS, then when you get to Disneyland, you can take the ride, check out the restaurant from the ride, and you'll more than likely be glad you have the reservation!! If you change your mind you change your mind, but this way you won't miss out--if you don't have your PS then the likelyhood of getting in when you want--and getting a waterside table--are pretty low. Cover your bases!!

By having waterside your daughter will enjoy seeing the boats go by and eating lunch "outside" at NIGHT! It's very cool. The food and service are not perfect, it's the location and experience you are paying for. HAVE FUN!!

Since this is a first time trip, I think the Blue Bayou would be a great experience. Arriving early for your reservation and requesting waterside seating is an excellent backdrop to your meal. Whatever you do, save room for the dessert, I think that's the best part. Mmm, cookie boat...

Other sit downs that I like are:
Carnation Cafe (DL, breakfast/lunch) - Oscar's Special, 1/2 soup and sandwich
Trattoria (DCA, lunch on patio) - Caprese Sandwich
Plaza Inn (DL, dinner) - Fried Chicken
Cafe Orleans (DL, lunch/dinner) - Mickey Beignets!

Looking through menus of these restaurants can probably help you decide if they're right for you or not.

There's lots of decent counter service if that fits your bill also.

Best wishes for a wonderful trip. LMK if I can be of further help.

We were able to get a PS for Blue Bayou for 11:10 am so is 11:30 no longer first seating??? we have ressies on 4/02 for the 11:10 time we wanted a water table also so i mentioned this when i called and she said with this time we were guarenteed one...we are getting so excited only 17 more days

I think the Blue Bayou is worth at least one visit, make sure to call Disney Dining and make a reservation in advance. Then show up a bit early and ask for a table side seat for extra fun!

For me, yes BB is worth it. For others maybe not but we love it there. I would also suggest Ariel's Grotto in DCA if your DD likes Princesses and Rainforest Cafe is always a hit with our family. Those and the Lilo and Stitch breakfast are my families favorites. Have fun!

We really enjoyed our lunch at the Blue Bayou last year & are going to have dinner there when we go to DL in October of this year. We have friends coming to dinner with us this time that have never eaten there before. Soooo yes....in our opinions....it is a must see! :) My daughter was 5 & my son was 8 at the time.

Well, lets start with what kind of food you like?

Haha, that is probably the most important queston! The food there is marketed as more upscale, so it is fancier for picky eaters (like myself- when we ate there they were not so open to alterations to the food like putting no meat on the salad, etc)!

I love the wine country tratoria at DCA YUMMY!!

Jazz Kitchen at DTD is very good as well. It another one of my favorites.

Also don't forget that with the opening of the Gardenwalk lots of new restaurants are also going to be available as well, just off site.

We went once and I'm glad we did but I don't think I would go again just because I'm not a big fan of their food. We also went at lunch so it saved us a little $ too. My sister and her family, however, never miss it as they love the clam chowder and monte cristos.

I definately think that BB is part of the DL experience, you want to try it at least once...I really agree with noryglory, it's a great way to plan ahead and have the option. :thumbsup2

I will say though, as pp's have eluded to, it is very spendy. If you are travelling on a budget and food is a cost you are trying to keep under control, you might consider just having a desert for the experience of eating there. A lot of the 'main attraction' entrees served at BB are available elsewhere for less.

We went for the 1st time to the BB in June. It was a nice experience, worth of at least doing once. Not something we'd do on every trip though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter