Food allergy - need recs (10 mo old w/potential Celiac + dairy allergy)

Discussion in 'disABILITIES Community Board' started by wvasweetness, Aug 21, 2012.

1. wvasweetness

wvasweetness Mouseketeer

I'm VERY new to the world of food allergies! My 10 month old either has a wheat allergy or Celiacs (we are not testing for Celiacs right now) and a dairy allergy.

I'm looking for good forums/resources for parents "allergy kids." Thanks! :)

2. shinysparklybubbles

shinysparklybubbles DIS Veteran

3. GraceLuvsWDW

GraceLuvsWDW DIS Veteran

My dd was diagnosed with Celiac a month ago via blood tests. It has been a very difficult process converting to GF because she is older. I don't know much about a GF diet for a 10 month old but I am getting much better about converting our entire household to GF. I have found these sites work well:

www.celiac.com/gluten-free/

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com

When out and about I usually just google Gluten Free and the name of the restaurant and it will come up with what is GF at that location. Where I live I have found the actual servers don't know much at all!

The most difficult part to deal with is possible cross contamination. Some things might be GF but if prepared with items with gluten they will be contaminated. We don't have issues with dairy but I think you could just substitute soy in recipes. :scratchin