Food Allergies

tinkerbellblondie19

Blonde? Just a little. Or a lot.
Based off of what I have seen, I have to contradict what you guys said about eating at counter service restaurants with food allergies. On my last trip, my family and I were getting lunch at Cosmic Rays, and a man in the line next to us ordered a burger with no buns. The cashier immediately asked if this was just from preference, or if it was because of a food allergy. Because it was the latter, the manager came out, talked to the man, and had a burger specially prepared with clean utensils. Having experience with food allergies, I saw this as incredibly well handled.

A little girl (3) at my church has severe food allergies. She is allergic to all nuts and dairy products. Her parents love to take her to Disney because its one of the only places they are comfortable letting her eat out. All of her food is prepared in a separate kitchen. Just to give you an idea of how allergic she is, her parents carry around multiple Epi-pens and her grandfather kissed her on her forehead after eating peanuts--the next day she had the shape of his lips in little bumps on her forehead.

Disney handles food allergies very well.

Oh I agree disney has been great in dealing with our upcoming trip . My child has a couple food allergies . It was actually Brenda Bennette's ( spelling?)opinion that it is easier to set up special requirements at a sit down dinner. For the reason that counter service can get crazy and so forth I suppose. But planning ahead goes a long way. She already sent me some safe foods from counter service.

Disney is really great about people who have food allergies. I have severe food allergies and every time I am at a disney resturant I am met by the chef and they prepare something different for me that I can eat. It makes me feel special as opposed to feeling weird about having the allergies. :)

A little girl (3) at my church has severe food allergies. She is allergic to all nuts and dairy products. Her parents love to take her to Disney because its one of the only places they are comfortable letting her eat out. All of her food is prepared in a separate kitchen. Just to give you an idea of how allergic she is, her parents carry around multiple Epi-pens and her grandfather kissed her on her forehead after eating peanuts--the next day she had the shape of his lips in little bumps on her forehead.

Disney handles food allergies very well.
My cousin (He's 4) is the same way, only he is allergic to all dairy products, peanuts, and bananas. They're in a food allergy support group, in which everyone highly reccomends Disney, and Disney only, for food allergy vacations. And if you get a 1 bedroom or beyond at a DVC resort, then you have the easy place to just put something together that's safe, also.

Hello all,
Just wanted to let you know that our free newsletter is out and this month it is all about traveling to Disney with food allergies. If you need a little extra help with planning a trip--especially if you have a child with food allergies, please take a look on the AllergyMoms website.

Take care,
Gina

Yep - Disney seems to have it down. My daughter is allergic (we carry EpiPens). When we ate at Liberty Tree Tavern the chef came out and told us that HE has severe food allergies, and that he wouldn't let anything that could hurt her out of his kitchen - made the 6 year old very happy :)

If you contact the folks at Disney (there are links & phone numbers in our AllergyMoms newsletter) you can get updated info on what is available and where. so even if you are doing a counter service place, you can find out which specific prodcuts they carry. And ALWAYS ask for a manager (if they dont automatically bring the chef out)

Take care,
Gina
AllergyMoms

For those planning a trip to Disney with food allergies, our newsletter, (available free on line by visiting the AllergyMoms website) has "25 Cheap Tricks, Tips & Clicks" for making your travels easier.

We also have the first annual Accommodation Awards for 4 Disney restaurants with outstanding service for those with special dietary needs--in their cases, children with peanut allergy or food alleriges.

Take care,
Gina
AllergyMoms

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter