• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Follow me to the Boardwalk! 10/23 - 11/7 UPDATED 4/13 BEACHES & CREAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabead

DIS Veteran

Today my latest and (who knows maybe?) greatest Disney dining adventures begin! I'm posting this from the airport while waiting to board a plane that will take me to my "HAPPY" place. This will be another (mostly) solo trip to again enjoy the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. Due to a recent change in plans, this will be my longest ever Disney World vacation. I will arrive this evening, Oct. 23 and depart for home on Nov. 7. While I originally planned for only a 10 day trip, with the announcement that this would be the final year for the Osborne Lights I decided to extend my trip for a few days so that I can see the lights on their opening night, Nov. 6. I just had to see the Osborne Lights one more time!! But not only will I be seeing the lights on Nov. 6 but there will be food involved too, as I will be attending the Merry & Bright Dessert Party!

For all but two nights of my trip I will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn, hence the title of this dining report.

Therefore my dining adventures will be focused on the F & W Festival and other Epcot restaurants, plus the Epcot resort area...with a few other restaurants thrown into the mix here and there. I promise you though that this dining report will include some surprises. As time allows I will update the Table of Contents in the next post, so check back here if you'd like to see what I'll be reviewing. Also, if you are an Instagramer, you can follow me @jabead. I'm going to try to post a food highlight daily.

I'll end this report introduction with something that a DIS friend, Niki Andiokno, recently shared with me on Facebook.

This made me literally laugh out loud. Hopefully it did the same for you. Oh, and rest assured I'll be taking photos of all my food, even if something is not ok. ;)

Last edited:
TABLE OF CONTENTS

Friday, Oct. 23

Arrival at the Boardwalk Inn and Dinner at Monsieur Paul - COMPLETE

Saturday, Oct. 24

Pre-Park Opening Breakfast at Be our Guest - COMPLETE

Lunch at Tony's Town Square Restaurant - COMPLETE

Party for the Senses featuring Disney Chefs Part I - COMPLETE

Party for the Senses Part II - COMPLETE

Sunday, Oct. 25

DISmeet Breakfast at Captain's Grille - COMPLETE

Lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby - COMPLETE

Dinner at California Grill - COMPLETE

Monday, Oct. 26

Breakfast at Boulangerie Patisserie - COMPLETE

A Tour of 13 of the 20th Annual Food & Wine Festival Booths - COMPLETE

Dinner at The Wave - COMPLETE

Tuesday, Oct. 27

Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare - COMPLETE

Lunch at San Angel Inn - COMPLETE

Dinner at Narcoossee's - COMPLETE

Wednesday, Oct. 28

Breakfast from the Boardwalk Bakery - COMPLETE

Italian Regional Food & Wine Pairing Luncheon held at Tutto Gusto - COMPLETE

Dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel - COMPLETE

Thursday, Oct. 29

Italian Food & Wine Pairing Lunch held at Via Napoli - COMPLETE

My husband arrives for the weekend!!

DH's Lunch at ESPN Club - COMPLETE

Our Dinner with DIS friends at Il Mulino - COMPLETE

Friday, Oct. 30

Our Breakfast with DIS friends at Captain's Grille - COMPLETE

Our Dinner at Rose & Crown - COMPLETE

Saturday, Oct. 31

Our Breakfast from the Belle Vue Lounge & Halloween at the Boardwalk - COMPLETE

Our Lunch at Captain's Grille - COMPLETE

Our Dinner at the Swan & Dolphin Food and Wine Classic - COMPLETE

Sunday, Nov. 1

Our Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno - COMPLETE

Lunch at Biegarten - COMPLETE

Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse - COMPLETE

Monday, Nov. 2

Pre-Park Opening Breakfast at Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater (just started Nov. 1) - COMPLETE

Dinner at Beaches & Cream - COMPLETE

Tuesday, Nov. 3

Breakfast from Starring Rolls - COMPLETE

Brunch at Tusker House - Part I (Breakfast) - COMPLETE

Brunch at Tusker House - Part II (Lunch) - COMPLETE

Dinner at Flying Fish Cafe

Wednesday, Nov. 4

Breakfast at Kona Cafe

Lunch at Beaches & Cream

Dinner at Cape May Cafe

Thursday, Nov. 5

Lunch at Nine Dragons

Dinner at Artist Point

Friday, Nov. 6

Breakfast at The Wave

Early Dinner at The Plaza

Desserts at the Merry & Bright Dessert Party - COMPLETE

Saturday, Nov. 7

Breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Last edited:
can't wait for another trip report. It is half term in the UK and we always used to visit this week but have had to change to August due to the kid's school commitments. Still like October best though. Have fun.

Can't wait! I have enjoyed your dining reviews a lot and can't wait for more :D

Have a fabulous trip at the Boardwalk - it's wonderful to be so close to Epcot, especially during Food & Wine!

So looking forward to your latest review!!

I am looking forward to following along! We will be at WDW from 10/27-11/5 and from 10/31-11/5, we will be at BWI.

Kari and her stomach reporting for food envy duty!

Hey Barb! I'm here! I'll be following you on Instagram too ;) (@ashzacher).. We will be arriving on the 6th so I'll be living vicariously through you until then.

Can't wait to see all of your delicious meals, especially some food and wine goodies!! Have a great trip!!

Excited for your new report. Won't get to my favorite place this year and maybe next year so I have to live vicariously through others reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter