flying times

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by Isila, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Isila

Isila There is a big beautiful tomorrow

what this means?

Vol opéré par Tyrolean Airways, en collaboration avec Austrian Airlines
    1 bagage autorisé

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Carrie_Cat

Carrie_Cat I'm a Rive Gauche person Moderator

That the flight is operated by Tyrolean Airways on behalf of Austrian. 1 piece of luggage allowed (free) per person

Ryanair and Beauvais wouldn't be an option for me one my own with 2 small children.

It's too far from DLP and if there are pbs you are on your own. There isn't any other flights and Ryanair aren't part of a group who will put you on an alternate flight.

4. elstoleno

elstoleno Mouseketeer

I'd say the early flight. But on my last 3 trips i've had to get up at 2/3am for my early flight anyway :')

We just miss park closing that night (when we go in summer) and get an early night in prep for EMH!

5. Isila

this is all so stupid :crazy2: 4 hours waiting... I'll go crazy :hyper:

if plane lands 11.20 at CDG, would you stay in DLP hotel or spend an extra night in cheap hotel?

6. DLPdaft

DLPdaft <font color=royalblue>Cannot stop singing "Just li Moderator

could you travel to Riga the night before and stay overnight there, before taking the 9.30am flight? Is that an option or would that make it too long/too expensive a trip?

7. Isila

I consider this option. But then I'd check in straight into SL. Booking Kyriad would be insane :crazy2: At least I think so. Plane lands 11.20 in CDG. So around 13.00 we would be in parks.

8. DLPdaft

You could see what Expedia are charging for room only for that first night for your onsite hotel (or another one)? You have 6 days park tickets included in your package, and I think thats plenty personally. For your 11.20 flight landing at CDG, it will be around 12.30 before you arrive at your hotel. So I'd check in, freshen up, and then go to the Village for lunch (maybe even Cafe Mickey if your children are not feeling too tired). Have a wander through the Village shops etc, and then back to the hotel for an early night (which I'm sure you'll all be ready for after an early start that morning).

9. Isila

So you'd stay in hotel in Riga before flight and one more night in cheap hotel...

Confused....:lmao:

So, SL booked for 20th March.

This means I leave for Riga on 18th, spend a night in a Riga hotel. Fly out on the 19th, spend a lazy day and on the 20th check-in in SL? :confused3

I will be spending a night in cheap hotel after our trip too. I want to get full use of our last day, because returning flights are all morning ones.

10. DLPdaft

yes, thats what I often do when I have an early flight on a Saturday to CDG and DLP, if its the cheapest option by quite a bit. I drive down to Luton the night before our flight, stay overnight there in a hotel, then fly out early morning to CDG, and stay in a Premier Classe type hotel on Saturday night (because generally the onsite/associated hotels are expensive for a Saturday check-in). Then, as you've done before, check in early morning onsite the following day to get a full day and EMH in the parks.

For me, I balance out the price of this with convenience - so if in total its more convenient, and the price isn't that much more when everything is included, to take a later local flight or connecting local flight and add a night's stay and park tickets to my package, then I'd do that. I'd probably do that anyway with young children, as I don't think I'd want to be taking them to a different hotel each night for our first 3 nights. But I would do it, and have done it, with older children :).

11. Isila

I'm thinking that 11.20 landing isn't that bad. If do get into park around 13.00, I'd say it's pretty good.

Hate math. All those numbers and options... :crazy: But I guess it's worth it, doing all your homework and working out the best.

I do think I'd rather take connecting flight than go for overnight stay in Riga... Moving to new hotel every day might be difficult. Unless the price is really really good.