Flying last minute (next week)-Question on ME

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by VP037388, Sep 19, 2012.

1. VP037388

VP037388 Mouseketeer

My parents were going to drive down for our trip next week, but, long story short, they are now going to fly. We have our Magical Express tags already but how can they get luggage tags in just a few days? Is the simple answer they just link their reservation to take the bus but have to claim their bags first?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

Your parents will need to call DME to make a reservation to ride ME. They will need to let DME know their date of arrival and flight number.

They won't be able to get yellow luggage tags since that usually requires a 2 week lead time. Instead they could pick up their luggage or they could go to the DME desk, give a description of their bags and let DME get them from the carousel and deliver them to their room.

4. sam_gordon

sam_gordon DIS Veteran

I think DME might also want the claim ticket for the bags. Not positive though.

5. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Right, Sam. Not the actual claim tickets - the passengers keep those - but the DME CM will need to see the claim check to get the number.

6. VP037388

VP037388 Mouseketeer

Good news, and info for ME riders. They booked the flights and talked to DME. DME will overnight the luggage tags. Apparently, they do it all the time. Love Disney customer service!