1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Flying in night before

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by graybow77, Jul 5, 2013.

1. graybow77

graybow77 Earning My Ears

We are looking at flying in the night before and staying off site for one night them move over to the Beach Club for the next 7 nights...We would be arriving at Orlando Airport round 10:30PM so no reason to get a room at Disney for the night...does anyone have any experience with this...will hotels pick you up? Taxi? I just need little help......

thanks in advance

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

You can still use Disney's Magical Express. Just give them the next day as your arrival day.

4. Claire&TheBoys

Claire&TheBoys The Queen of the Castle!

To get more reasonable fares, my best friend sometimes flies in the day before and stays at the Marriott. They pick her family up in their shuttle to go to the hotel, then take them back to the airport the next morning, where she gets Magical Express.

I think it's a Hilton at the airport itself, which would be convenient.

5. graybow77

The Mariott would work great they way I can use my points for my stay...
    so I just need to contact Magical Express and let them know what I am doing.??

6. MarkC71

MarkC71 Earning My Ears

My wife and I have done this many time and it works great. I love having a full day the day our tickets start. Just a suggestion, you might want to look into staying at a Disney value resort the first night. The price for a one night stay is comparable to the hotels outside the park and then there is no issue with Magical Express, plus Disney will transfer your bags to your next resort, so all you have to do the next morning is check into the new hotel and go to the parks. When you come back from the parks your bags will be waiting at the new room. It really works well for us.

7. macnodos

macnodos DIS FAN

Have done it several times because of cheaper airfare coming in night before. We stayed at airport Hyatt and got up running early next morning. We have also used car service for years and that made it easier as well. No reason to spend $400 + to just sleep one night on sight. Good Luck.

8. graybow77

yea that would work great but there is 5 of us...my just find place close to airport take shuttle then shuttle back to airport and get on Magical Express

9. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

The MCO Hyatt is very nice. They will also pick up your luggage for you, so you can come right off the jet bridge and go straight to the check in desk. It's very easy to get to ME in the morning.

10. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

We are 5 in our party - they have a family deal where you can get 1/2 off the connecting room. You have to call the reservation line, though, you can't do this online. We're arriving at 10 pm, and the two rooms at the Hyatt is still a lot cheaper than a night at the BC.

11. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Hyatt on our last trip. We loved it. We had dinner at Hemisphere (the hotel's main dining room), swam in the rooftop pool, and were on Magical Express at 7:30 the next morning. You will arrive much later than we did, but we believe it's worth the extra cost to stay at the Hyatt since you never have to leave the airport itself. It's also very peaceful in the morning to sit on your balcony watching people come and go throughout the terminal.

12. meredith1

meredith1 DIS Veteran

This is what we are doing. We are flying in the day before our package starts because airfare is a thousand dollars cheaper. We're staying at YC that day and transferring to BLT the next day. They will transfer our luggage to BLT while we enjoy Animal Kingdom!!!!!

13. MMW1206

MMW1206 Earning My Ears

Yes. Just call them and give your flight information as you would normally. Let them know you are coming in the night before and will be headed back to the airport on the day your reservation begins to take Magical Express. You only need the ME voucher to get on the shuttle. Have fun!

14. MMW1206

MMW1206 Earning My Ears

I agree with Mark C. Stay in a Disney value resort for one night with a room discount. Then have your luggage transferred the next day. All you need to do is get on Disney transportation head to your next resort , check in and get your tickets and go. We have stayed off and on property the night before and have found that staying on property in a value works out well and ends up being cheaper since you are not paying for car rental or transportation from the airport to the off property site then from off property to your Disney resort. But, if you have hotel points to work with then staying off property makes sense.

15. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

They are a family of 5 - value rooms are out. I have the same issue. The onsite rooms that fit us are a lot more expensive than the rooms at the airport. We just hop on the ME in the morning. We reserved the ME for the morning rather than the night we were flying in.

16. macnodos

macnodos DIS FAN

Second the MCO Hyatt, very convenient if flying in a night before package or room reservations begins. Can get up early and get your trip started the right way and still use ME or roundtrip car service. Very good restaurant for late night meal.

17. Philleigh

Philleigh Mouseketeer

Third MCO Hyatt. It's in the terminal - you don't have to worry about a ride. you can then catch Magical Express in the am.
    I think MCO Hyatt a better option than a value or mod that late at night. It's nice to be able to just fall into bed rather than schlep your bags to and through value or mod late at night. If you're hungry, Hyatt has a bar/restaurant open til 1:00 and 24 hour room service (vs pizza til 1:00 at value/mod). Hyatt is $152/night/room with AAA discount, so if you can get the 1/2 off connecting room, not too bad.
    We're in same boat for upcoming Dec. trip. I booked POFQ for arrival night (before 5 nights at WL) but I just convinced myself to cancel in favor of MCO Hyatt. We stayed at Hyatt three years ago on our last night and thought it was great. Spent checkout day in MK then back to hotel (WL that time too), caught ME to MCO - ME driver even dropped us at hotel entrance - had a great sleep before our morning flight.
    Even if you stay at another hotel near MCO, ME will not be a problem the next morning - just make your arrangements for your BC arrival date.