Flying Fish or BlueZoo?

DizGirl20

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide between FF or BlueZoo! Have to make ADRs this week... so which would you choose? Thanks pixiedust:

Two of my absolute favorites! FFC is more casual and has a smaller menu. BZ is a very swanky restaurant with a "big city" feel. I would suggest looking at menus and photos. Either way, you should have a great meal.

Bluezoo has possibly the best atmosphere of any WDW restaurant, and they have excellent appetizers and drinks. I think that while Flying Fish's menu is much smaller, the things I've tasted there have been more interesting than what I've had at Bluezoo.

So for me? Flying fish has sliiiiiightly better food, but Bluezoo is a better overall experience entirely.

Our Ratings of Flying Fish: (1/11/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Per Disney, on average, Flying Fish is the most expensive eatery
at WDW on a revenue-per-capita basis (even more revenue per person
than Victoria & Albert's). The service is pretty good, but not commensurate
with the prices. Snapper for $36 and beef for $42 should be fantastic, and
not only above average. And, it should be accompanied with absolutely
superb service. That is why the price value only is "C", where it could have
been an easy "B".

Our Ratings of Blue Zoo: (2/05/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Todd English's Blue Zoo has an excellent reputation. The food
quality at WDW is in line with his other eateries. I would have expected
excellent and superb service, but was not up to that standard. Go for
the food, but do not get upset if service is spotty.

Adults only who want some great martinis in a sophisticated environment-head to blue zoo.

Looking for a family atmosphere-Flying Fish is a better fit.

If you are a fish purist-blue zoo's dishes focus on the fish rather than sides, sauces, etc. Flying Fish is better for diners who don't really want pure fish.

I've dined at both many times and they are not similar. The service is better at blue zoo and the restaurant is definitely more upscale. The menu is heavy fish and seafood. On current menu, I have had the Cantonese lobster, the dancing fish, the ahi and the yellowfin. All have been very good.

Flying Fish offers more non fish options. I've had the snapper, the scallops and tuna on the current menu. They have been good but not as good as blue zoo.

Blue zoo has an award winning pastry chef and is one of the few places I will order dessert.

I agree with pygoplites - it's hard to go wrong with either one. I'd look at the menus & choose which one you like better.

If you like really amazing cocktails, I'd give the edge to BlueZoo. While FF offers a few seasonal handcrafted mixed drinks, all the cocktails are made from hand crafted, fresh ingredients at BlueZoo (and all Swolphin restaurants) where most Disney cocktails use syrups.

Also, I find BlueZoo to be a little more adult in atmosphere, if that matters....

Do you think BlueZoo would be OK for my 12 & 15 year olds? They are used to fine dining ;)

Do you think BlueZoo would be OK for my 12 & 15 year olds? They are used to fine dining ;)

They will love it. If they are used to fine dining and are spending an appreciable amount of time at WDW and its eateries, they will find bluezoo to be a welcomed change and a breath of sophisticated air. I know I do. No princess costumes, Mickey ears or sippy cups in sight.

Flying Fish is part of Disney Dining Plan, therefore, it will always be more crowded and hectic.

On the other hand, Blue Zoo is not part of Disney Dining (but takes Tables in Wonderland, if you have it) and is far less hectic.

Blue Zoo, in my opinion, is the best restaurant at Disney (unless you want to wear a jacket & tie at Victoria & Albert).

First of all, the Bread Basket with Fennel Butter is spectacular. Yes, a simple bread basket.....and it gets better.....cutting-edge fare along with top-notch service, an excellent bar & better kitchen....and world-class desserts!!

If you're a Foodie, Blue Zoo can offer a wonderful experience; I would never say the same thing about Flying Fish.

Flying Fish is very good, but I could never imagine saying that I had a truly memorable meal here.

I go to both as often as possible, but Blue Zoo is certainly the favorite in my family.

We eat at both each trip. As Pakey suggests, for "pure" seafood/fish, Blue Zoo has the edge. For a bit more variety, Flying Fish is slightly better.

I can't help with the service aspect as we eat at the bar in each restaurant. If you like wine, FF has a # of excellent "flights".

But if I had to choose JUST one--Blue Zoo by a narrow margain.

I really like both food-wise but FF is very noisy and tables are quite close. The couple seated next to our family was overhearing our conversation and eventually joined in! It was okay, kinda a CM thing.
We had outstanding service on our last visit to bluezoo - DD and SIL were celebrating their Just Married status and DD her birthday, so, the server brought out two desserts for our party of 5 to share! Amazing and delicious!! So, if I had to choose only one, it would be bluezoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter