Flying Fish Cafe vs Hollywood Brown for arrival day at HS

hskaggs11

Mouseketeer
Hi! My DH and I (no kiddos for us yet) are taking a short trip, arriving Nov 16th at MCO at 3:30, and taking the ME to POP. Our Hollywood Studios day is that day, so I guestimated we would get in the park around 5:30 (heading straight there after checkin), and with the extra hours it's open til 10. We have the DxDDP, and were trying to decide on eating in-park at the Hollywood Brown (I currently have a 7pm ADR) or taking the boat over to Boardwalk for Flying Fish. I LOVE seafood. Husband likes it too. We already plan on eating at Fultons Crab House later on in our trip (a fave of my DH since he had the Lobster Rockefeller there last year which he is already planning on ordering again, I will probably order the Alaskan King Crab legs).

Which do you think is a better meal, considering the time factor (getting to FF and back vs eating in-park) and the food quality at both?? I'm torn!! Cost is not a factor, since we are on the Deluxe plan, and it's the same 4TScredits for both.

Here's our schedule for the rest of the Trip, you can give some pointers if you think we should do something different:

Arrival Day Sunday Hollywood Studios: (3:30 arrive, in park by 5:30) FF or Hollywood Brown??
Monday--Animal Kingdom--Lunch at Yak&Yetti, Dinner at Sanna
Tuesday--Magic Kingdom--Undecided, give me L&D ideas!! (trying for CRT or BOG but nothing available yet!!!)
Wednesday--Universal day (have a P2P pass, mainly going for new Diagon Alley) We have an ADR for the Aloha Luau Show
Thursday--EPCOPT--haven't decided lunch, Fultons for Dinner (DH choice)
Friday--early Boma breakfast before we head out for our 11am flight home

As much as I love FF, with your very limited DHS time, I wouldn't recommend it for your arrival day. At a minimum it will shave 2 hours off your park. HBD is great and is our go-to DHS restaurant. I vote for HBD for your arrival day.

TS's aren't great at MK. That's one day I would recommend leaving the park for a nice lunch or dinner at one of the monorail resorts or WL. Take your pick of great restaurants! The Wave, Cali Grill, artists point, Citrico's, narcoosees, Kona or ohana! If you want to stay in MK, plaza or Tonys are ok, but definitely not the quality of the resort hotels.

Try Le Cellier for EP lunch!

You really can't go wrong with either one. Flying fish is amazing so you may want to consider doing it in lieu of futons for a really top notch experience. HBD also has seafood options. You may also want to consider doing small plates in their new lounge for a different experience and trying several things.

It looks like the OP will be in DHS for a very short time. Spending a good portion of it at BD would not leave much time for attractions. Perhaps they would be better off just saving a day's admission and going to FF that day.

It looks like the OP will be in DHS for a very short time. Spending a good portion of it at BD would not leave much time for attractions. Perhaps they would be better off just saving a day's admission and going to FF that day.

^This.

The meal is going to be lengthy and you're time is already limited for DHS, I wouldn't try and force either one and save the park admission for another day where you can do it all?

However, comparing the two with no other factors, Flying Fish blows HBD away in my opinion (and my families).

Unfortunately, this is my only HS day :-( We might have some time after Universal as we did it in 2 days last year, and are really only going back for Diagon Alley. We don't have our ADR that day til 8:15, so we could squeeze in some HS time then. We visited Hollywood Studios last year for a full day, so this visit is to hit our favorites and explore all the shops and stops we missed. I know I can't see it all again, so I'm ok with taking the time for a TS meal.

Great suggestions for MK, I think I will eat out-of-park if we can't get CRT or BOG. There's so many places at Epcot, I might do one of those TS during my MK day, we have hoppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter