Flying Down for One Day Solo

Rachie0507

DIS Veteran
:wave: Hi There!

I've never been over to this forum but I suddenly have a reason to. I am going to MK all by myself for one day. I'm flying down on a Tuesday night and flying back Wednesday night. My DH is actually at a trade show there that week and I am staying overnight with him, but he will be working and can't go to the park with me. Honestly, this is like a dream come true :teeth: . I can do what I want, when I want. I don't have to slow down or hurry up for anybody. I am so excited :Pinkbounc ! I just don't know how I'm going to break it to my 3 and 5 yr. olds :blush:

Any advice about being there solo? Are there any rides that just aren't fun alone? I rode Splash Mt. by myself when we took the kids and it was really fun.

I've only told a couple people because I don't expect my friends to understand why I would want to spend all this money to go to Disney World for one day. But I figured my Dis-Friends might understand.

In January I went down for the day (from MA) for the EE previews. It was great. HAve a wonderful time.

Rides that aren't fun alone-this will sound dumb but Mad Hatters teaparty-if you get a teacup alone your arms will feel like jelly (Sorry, jello) by the end of the ride. I did it alone at DL and the CM kept shouting at me to spin faster, thus drawing more attention to me.... :blush:

Most rides are great alone, plus we singles get to queue-jump quite a bit cos we're such a valuable commodity for filling gaps! :thumbsup2

Have a great time.

My first solo trip was also a one day trip, where I spent the entire day in MK. I'm so glad for one thing I did-I bought myself a little notebook and recorded every ride I went on, everything I ate, a full account of the entire day. I wrote in it while I ate, so it gave me something to occupy my time while I ate alone (the one thing I wasn't crazy about). Now, 10 years and many solo trips later, it's so much fun to read that little notebook sometimes to relive that day. I don't think there are any rides that aren't fun alone, but there were a few that I'm too chicken to go on by myself. There were also quite a few that DH isn't crazy about going on, so I went on those alot-most of the Fantasyland rides. As far as people not understanding, I know one lady who goes solo regularly, with her DH's blessing, but they don't tell his mother because the first time she went solo, his mother was convinced there had to be something wrong in the marriage for her to take a solo trip! So now they just don't tell her. Where are you staying?

Hi, Rachie! I travel solo all the time. The only ride that was 'weird' doing myself was as stated above - the teacups. Weird weird weird! I did make myself dizzy, tho! You'll have a wonderful time, believe me! See, do, eat, and ride whatever you please. How could it get any better?! :woohoo: Where ya stayin'?

I love disney as a solo. I can't think of anything that I didn't enjoy riding by myself but I will say that I went to ride Pirates one night late and had the entire boat to myself (the boat in front of me was empty and the boat directly in back of me was empty as well). Anyway I am good at entertaining myself (I was an only child) and filmed parts of my ride going through pirates so now when I watch the DVD I hear my really bad jokes that I would have never said if someone was in the boat with me. Not to mention I clearly have a bad singing voice for "A Pirates Life for Me".

I have to say that I am envious but I could never limit myself to one day. I have to have more. Your going to have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter