Flying after Thanksgiving, which day is busiest?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by helenk, Dec 29, 2008.

1. helenk

helenk I wish I was in Disney World

You always hear about the busiest travel day of the year being after Thanksgiving. Is it generally considered the Sunday after Thanksgiving or the Monday after?
    I am planning my trip for next year. And I want to go just after Thanksgiving, but trying to make sure I am not just wasting time in lines at an airport.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I flew both days this year. (Home Sunday from visiting friends, out on Monday for business) If there was a difference I couldn't tell it. Very busy both days. (Monday morning was pretty bad LOL!)

4. helenk

helenk I wish I was in Disney World

Yikes, both days busy, I was afraid of that. I guess I will have to re-think my travel dates.

5. bzzelady

bzzelady DIS Veteran

I flew out Sunday morning on the 8 am flight from MCO to PHL (had to be at the airport by 6am, but I figured that it was better to go out early in case any travel delays developed during the day).

6. seashoreCM

seashoreCM All around nice guy.

Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day but Saturday and Monday get the folks who were unable to book (snag) a satisfactory seat for Sunday and the folks who cannot complete a trip home in one day.