Flying 2 days for 3 days at WDW is a SNAP! Final Thoughts 01/02

:wave2: Hi Clare! Nice to see you here! Hope you've been well and are starting to plan your 2011 fantabulous WDW vacay. I wasn't sure if it was such a good idea for us to get to WWoHP on this very short trip; but in the end, it was just great. But then, we're really mad Potty fans!

Hope you'll stop by again and let me know how you're doing!

Am very well thanks and planning is under way for my November 2011 trip - its ages away but at least it's booked so I know I'm going back :)

I think I'm going to have to go and visit 'Harry' aren't I lol - loving your report, I've never been for Halloween, that's another thing I should add to my 'to do list' for another time.

They must love serving drinks at CP - we had like 3 full drinks also. It's a good thing we were extra sweatin' that night with our costumes on.

We love CP - it's our one Disney Tradition. Though I have to say, I was massively disappointed they didn't have the Frittata out. When I asked, turns out it is only available for breakfast and lunch - the lesson - next time it's breakfast or lunch for us!

Character interaction was strong. We got each character to sign what their costume was going to be for the party.

We've been for lunch twice, and I definitely enjoyed it both times. They had flank steak which was excellent as was the mac and cheese (kids table). We'll have to go back again in a few years.

I got my MP bag when I went to see the Mary Poppins musical in Melbourne. From the tags inside the bag, I'd say that this was the bag used in the NY production as well. I just couldn't pass it up! Are you planning on seeing it?

We saw it in NYC already but I didn't see those cute bags :confused3.

Glad you had fun at Crystal Palace!

subbing! I followed youover from firefly's report. I loved your pictures there (and here for that matter!) Great review of WWoHP! We decided against going this time around, there just isnt enough time, but I look forward to going someday!

I'm hoping our experience at CP will be as great as yours. Our youngest likes "bears"!

I hope you get a non-busy session as well. The characters were great with the kids at other tables (and us big kids) and I liked the food.

Am very well thanks and planning is under way for my November 2011 trip - its ages away but at least it's booked so I know I'm going back :)

I think I'm going to have to go and visit 'Harry' aren't I lol - loving your report, I've never been for Halloween, that's another thing I should add to my 'to do list' for another time.

I noticed the ticker. Polynesian??? You lucky thing....but then I know you work hard at it. Enjoy. I'll keep an eye out for your TR next year. I suppose that means you'll have Christmassy pictures and I'll be sitting here enviously!

Yes, IMO Harry is worth a visit. But you'll get there and work it out for yourself. :thumbsup2

One of these trips, you're going to have to come downunder and visit.....no Disney; but it could be a different holiday for you....:goodvibes

They must love serving drinks at CP - we had like 3 full drinks also. It's a good thing we were extra sweatin' that night with our costumes on.

We love CP - it's our one Disney Tradition. Though I have to say, I was massively disappointed they didn't have the Frittata out. When I asked, turns out it is only available for breakfast and lunch - the lesson - next time it's breakfast or lunch for us!

Character interaction was strong. We got each character to sign what their costume was going to be for the party.

Oooh....I looked for the frittata and was disappointed it wasn't on offer. I'd read that this was a great dish at CP. Thanks for letting me know that it's only available breakfast and lunch. At least I now know why it wasn't on offer.

We've been for lunch twice, and I definitely enjoyed it both times. They had flank steak which was excellent as was the mac and cheese (kids table). We'll have to go back again in a few years.

Hope it stays as good as you remember it! That's always a risk of reality not measuring up anymore to the memory at WDW. I know that Chef Mickey is no longer as highly regarded as a MUST DO as it once was. I'm only glad I hit it in 2005 when it was still pretty highly regarded. We enjoyed our CM experience then.

We saw it in NYC already but I didn't see those cute bags :confused3.

Glad you had fun at Crystal Palace!

Thanks. Maybe you'll have to come to Melbourne and get one for youself! :goodvibes (Or PM me.....)

subbing! I followed youover from firefly's report. I loved your pictures there (and here for that matter!) Great review of WWoHP! We decided against going this time around, there just isnt enough time, but I look forward to going someday!

Hi Stephielela. Welcome to my TR and thanks for coming on over.....

I'm actually one of your lurkers on your December PTR (followed you from Firefly's PTR); so I should probably head on over and officially sub in as well. :laughing:

Hope you'll stick around for the rest of my TR.

After dinner, we headed towards Big Thunder. I love this ride and it was fantastic to get on it again; pretty much walk straight on.

We looked across at Splash; but I wasn’t in the mood to walk around in wet clothes to past midnight; so we by-passed it. Pity – because I never got round to getting on Splash this trip. I was never at MK during the daytime!

We then headed for the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. In my PTR, I had commented that I thought that this was one attraction that I had not been on. I know I didn’t get on it in May; but I couldn’t remember for sure if I had been on it in 2005. In any event, this ride was scheduled for shutdown tomorrow and this was the only time for it. Firefly remembered and figured it was now or never.

So, it was time to try that 50 mm f/1.8 prime lens again. I had abysmally failed to lock focus in HM but I don’t give up easy!

We passed the HM along the way and I was pleased with how this shot turned out. Now, if only I can remember what I did!

USAHolidayOct2010WDW383.jpg

It took me a couple of go’s to get this shot of Firefly with the Hag (she’s the one on the left). I think I finally figured out that I needed to stand back and took a couple of steps back in order to get the right focus.

USAHolidayOct2010WDW392.jpg

And I’m glad that Firefly stood where I was standing because she got a great shot of me and the Hag (she’s the one on the right).

USAHolidayOct2010WDW393.jpg

When I got out of the ride and checked the camera, there were very promising signs for that prime lens and me….

USAHolidayOct2010WDW394.jpg

USAHolidayOct2010WDW395.jpg

USAHolidayOct2010WDW397.jpg

USAHolidayOct2010WDW399.jpg

And then there were these sorts of stunningly shocking pictures….

USAHolidayOct2010WDW396.jpg

Turns out there is a very fine line between slightly out of focus…

USAHolidayOct2010WDW401.jpg

…and slightly less out of focus!

USAHolidayOct2010WDW402.jpg

Firefly and I had deliberately chosen not to attend the first parade for the night. It was usually a more crowded affair than the second parade.

But it was now getting close to HalloWishes time and we needed to work out where we were going to see the fireworks.

When we finished MAoWtP, Firefly got a text from HeatherBelle614. She and her DH had staked out a spot in the Hub to watch HalloWishes and the MNSSHP parade. So, we headed over to join them. I wish that I had taken a photograph of the 5 of us to post here; but somehow I just didn’t seem to get round to doing so. I liked Heather and her DH.

Time for more prime pictures! That prime lens was getting a work-out tonight and I was having to learn to come to terms with it quickly. I figured that I needed to ensure a certain distance between myself and the subject before the lens would lock focus. And given that the next photography subject was HalloWishes, I was in for another crash course. So, I set the camera into No Flash mode and didn’t play with any other settings.

The Castle always looks great all lit up.

USAHolidayOct2010WDW413.jpg

USAHolidayOct2010WDW408.jpg

I was really enjoying the changing colours of the Castle and almost forgot that there was still more flashing colour to come!

And if you believe that last statement, you’ll believe anything!

Up next: HalloWishes fireworks Part 1 and Villians

princess::upsidedow

Those pictures came out really well! If I had the money, I'd so get a camera like yours :lmao:

Thanks. I'm still sorting through my gazillion pictures. I'm hoping to have it done by the weekend. Did you want me to download them ALL on a DVD for you; or just the ones of you and the animals?

ps. You might want to consider your response after you see my next couple of posts. I have TONS of fireworks and parade shots....Most good, some bad. And this is only for the first party!! :lmao:

Thanks. I'm still sorting through my gazillion pictures. I'm hoping to have it done by the weekend. Did you want me to download them ALL on a DVD for you; or just the ones of you and the animals?

ps. You might want to consider your response after you see my next couple of posts. I have TONS of fireworks and parade shots....Most good, some bad. And this is only for the first party!! :lmao:

That's entirely up to you. I'll take whatever you send me :)

That's entirely up to you. I'll take whatever you send me :)

Okay. All the ones of you and the animals; most of the good ones in rides and around the parks we spent together; and a culled down version of fireworks. I may not include all of Epcot F&W stands and menus; you have shots of your own. And when we get up to it, let me know about the food shots.

Mmmm. This DVD may not be finalised for a couple of weeks!

:goodvibes

Princess, did you use a tripod for the castle?

Shushh....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My tripod made the trip out in the checked baggage, taking up precious space and weight. I did NOT bring it to any of the parks. I sure hope it enjoyed the beautiful CSR....it certainly spent more time there than either I or DH did!

All pictures are hand held.

Okay. All the ones of you and the animals; most of the good ones in rides and around the parks we spent together; and a culled down version of fireworks. I may not include all of Epcot F&W stands and menus; you have shots of your own. And when we get up to it, let me know about the food shots.

Mmmm. This DVD may not be finalised for a couple of weeks!

:goodvibes

Sounds good to me :)

And take your time with it :goodvibes Whenever it's done is fine with me :)

Shushh....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My tripod made the trip out in the checked baggage, taking up precious space and weight. I did NOT bring it to any of the parks. I sure hope it enjoyed the beautiful CSR....it certainly spent more time there than either I or DH did!

All pictures are hand held.

Oh No! What happened?
Still... pretty good for hand-held shots! Was it hard to get good vantage points? I can't see myself with 3 kids being successful here.

Oh No! What happened?
Still... pretty good for hand-held shots! Was it hard to get good vantage points? I can't see myself with 3 kids being successful here.

Plain stupidity! I had planned on taking it on the second party and I don't know what I was thinking at the time.

:idea: Actually, I just remembered what I was thinking. I'd spent the morning/arvo at DHS with Firefly and headed back to the resort to PACK! We were heading out the next day. I remember looking at the tripod and packing it in the bag so that I wouldn't have to unpack everything to put it at the bottom of the bag.

Like I said - plain stupidity.

Good vantage points? Depends how busy the parks get. With your travelling tribe, you might want to think about getting some of them to mark territory early'ish and the rest of you watching the kids, going on rides. Then get to the spot about 15-20 minutes before the fireworks start, buy lots of popcorn, get water so that the kids have something to do for that duration.

I went to two parties - so I have pictures of fireworks from 2 locations. You can work out which vantage point suits you....or somewhere else! :goodvibes

You got some really good shots! I love the one of the castle and its reflection. Also the castle lit up at night is sooo pretty! Crystal Palace looks good too, I can't wait to get there!

Phew....finally caught up! Loving your photo's and I am taking note of all your hints.

Aww; we like you, too! :lovestruc

Did you buy the photopass CD? There are some good ones on there of the 5 of us! The one with Alice and the Mad Hatter is one of my favs of the trip! They were FANTASTIC!

You got some really good shots! I love the one of the castle and its reflection. Also the castle lit up at night is sooo pretty! Crystal Palace looks good too, I can't wait to get there!

Not long now!

Phew....finally caught up! Loving your photo's and I am taking note of all your hints.

Thanks!

Aww; we like you, too! :lovestruc

Did you buy the photopass CD? There are some good ones on there of the 5 of us! The one with Alice and the Mad Hatter is one of my favs of the trip! They were FANTASTIC!

I'm waiting for Firefly to get her CD....:rolleyes1

I'd almost forgotten we did that PP; so I'll be really happy to have a shot of all of us together. I just remember LOTS of candy and your DH at Space Mountain that night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter