Flowers on Mothers Day???

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kiwicake, May 1, 2013.

1. kiwicake

kiwicake Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if the resorts sell flowers in their gift shops on Mothers Day? I'd love to buy my mom a rose or something as an unexpected surprise because we will be there on that day.:thumbsup2

I know Disney has a floral service but I cannot afford a bouquet of flowers...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. outahere

outahere DIS Veteran

Sorry, don't know the answer to your question, but......

I don't know if they still do it, but we went to the Magic Kingdom on Mothers Day a few years ago and they gave a carnation to every mom as they entered the park.

4. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

Epcot did too

5. gritzel4

gritzel4 Domestic Goddess

I have received a carnation on Mother's Day entering MK.

This past Valentine's Day there was a rose vendor in DTD that sold rose's by the stem - I believe it was $5 for a rose.

6. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

I was just checking my reservation in my email box and got this link to the disney florist in my email:

http://www.disneyflorist.com

(keep in mind, most of their stuff is pretty pricey;)...but I would be VERY happy to receive one of these gifts on Mother's Day! :thumbsup2

7. kiwicake

kiwicake Earning My Ears

That would be cool if they still do that. It seems like they would have flowers available somewhere in one of the shops for mothers day. (besides their floral services):flower3: My brother and I will have to sneak around looking out for shop that sells them. :thumbsup2:flower3:

8. tinkerbellybutton

tinkerbellybutton DIS Veteran

You could call room service the day before and surprise her with "breakfast in bed" on Mother's Day. We have done this for our kids when we were in Disney for their birthdays. It's really special to wake up to surprise room service. If breakfast isn't her thing you could ask room service about something like chocolate covered strawberries. This might be cheaper than anything you could order through Disney florist.

9. Disney38Girl

Disney38Girl Duffy's #1 Fan

Hollywood studios also had flowers last year for Mothers Day. They were passing them out to the ladies. (i was solo and 19 and got one; sent a picture of it to my mom in NJ). This year I'll be in MK, but my mom will be able to get a flower in person! :)

10. Lulu'sMom

Lulu'sMom You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

First time in many years we're not going to be doing the Mother/Daughter (me being the daughter) Mother's Day Trip this year.

Done lots of stuff for mom. She's just too fragile for a trip at this time.

Recent ideas, fireworks cruise on mother's day.
    Custom cake delivered with RS breakfast. (she loves this one!)
    Dessert fireworks party!
    Choc-dipped strawberries (these aren't that inexpensive at some resorts)
    Also, call RS for specialty dessert and cookie trays brought to room with a balloon.

And don't forget......a special Mother's Day card that you picked out and signed before the trip! ;) The final touch. :goodvibes

11. kiwicake

kiwicake Earning My Ears

The chocolate covered strawberries would be perfect!!!! Thank you for the idea!:cheer2:

12. kiwicake

kiwicake Earning My Ears

That's awesome! So they probably do it every year in at least one or two of the parks.pixiedust::flower3:

13. strmtroopr96

strmtroopr96 DIS Veteran

They have handed out the free carnations at all of the parks for Mother's Day for many, many years now. I received my first while entering HS (then MGM) back in 2000. I am assuming they will once again be doing it again this year and will be at AK this time for Mother's Day.

14. LSchrow

LSchrow <font color=green>We're eating brussel sprouts & a

they do pass out carnations, but make sure you get there early enough.

last year, DD & i got to EPCOT around noon, and all the flowers were gone (we saw families with handfuls of the carnations, and many, MANY more carnations broken and smashed on ground:().

DD was a bit sad...so she bought me a windchime at one of the festival booths, which i love :)